Page 51 of 51

Page 1 Page 50
Page   of 51

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Gaurav, my dear boy,

That is one of the sweetest things that anyone has said to me; thank you so very much.

Right now, Gaurav, I am too angry to think straight. I never really believed that it could come to this with Purvi. If you read the ARVI Today thread, you will see how I refused to believe it till this evening. I  did that because I felt that a simple middle class girl, brought up conservatively in a chawl by Archana and Sulochana, would never ever do a thing like this. And now it turns out that she did. Where had all her oft touted  sanskaars  gone then ?

More than that, she lied thru her teeth to present her running away from Mumbai to save her skin (she would not have been able to face anyone in the chawl if it had all come out) as some kind of great sacrifice she was making to help Ovi get rid of her insecurity! How hypocritical is that?

Now, I am not even sure she has told her husband anything at all. But I no longer care.

See, Gaurav, you are very young, and then you are  a boy, which produces a different perspective. You probably think people like me are too straightlaced and conservative, and that such behaviour is so common these days that it should not invite condemnation, or even comment.

My reply to that would be that I am not objecting to what Purvi did  solely on moral grounds, though that is there as well. I condemn it because it is worse than a moral failing; it is terminally stupid. It is like how  Napoleon described a mistake made by one of his generals: It is worse than a crime, it is a blunder.  It is the same here.

These things always involve a major risk, and this risk is all for the woman. If things go wrong, as here, it is she who will be affected the most. The loss or reputation would also be almost entirely for the woman. So it was incredibly stupid of Purvi to have done something like this.

As for Arjun, the mess was created by both of them equally. It was very, very irresponsible of him to do this, besides being wrong morally. I would again stress the former aspect, and this should be kept in mind by every young man.

This is not love, for love is not instant gratification, Love is restraint and  protectiveness towards the loved one. Love thinks first and foremost of her and what is good for her. It does not expose her to such risks for personal and selfish ends.

Arjunis by now a gone case, and at least he is paying for it, indirectly, with a very unhappy marriage. But she has not paid for it at all, but has instead had, as I noted earlier, an unbelievably soft landing, with a man in a million literally falling into her lap and taking such care of her.

Now Purvi is the second lead in PR. If she is shown behaving in this manner, then  getting off scot free, and very likely being further glorified by Archana, Sulochana , and the rest of the chorus for her mahaan tyaag,  what sort of role model  does she furnish for young girls watching PR? Manav and Archana made many mistakes and paid for it., but they never did anything so totally wrong and so totally stupid. The CVs should never show a lead character behaving like this.

There,  that already is far too long, and sound like a tirade as well. I am very tired of this junk, and I cannot risk my blood pressure by watching it and my poor wrists by posting at such length. But you are such a very nice young man,  and what you said here was so sweet  that I wanted to explain to you what I feel now and why i feel the way  I do. If I were to continue in the forum,, I would sound vitriolic most of the time, and that would be good neither for me nor for the readers. So it is best to cut one's losses, and move one.

Take care of yourself, Gaurav . Think seriously about what I have said above. It applies to girls as well as boys. God bless you and keep you safe and happy.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by gaurav_ankita08

Shymala Aunty don't go we need you badly bcoz u are the 1 who guides teenager's here.

[/QUOTE]

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ptecvishbipsgaurav_ankita08

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kool's Commentary : Dec 21 PR (Page 51)" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

strega

Groupbie

strega

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
Sayonara, Shayamala...

It was a brief meeting but fun nevertheless Smile

Take care - our paths may cross once again. I will peep in once in a while. But there is nothing left to say.

Originally posted by sashashyam

Gaurav, my dear boy,

That is one of the sweetest things that anyone has said to me; thank you so very much.

Right now, Gaurav, I am too angry to think straight. I never really believed that it could come to this with Purvi. If you read the ARVI Today thread, you will see how I refused to believe it till this evening. I  did that because I felt that a simple middle class girl, brought up conservatively in a chawl by Archana and Sulochana, would never ever do a thing like this. And now it turns out that she did. Where had all her oft touted  sanskaars  gone then ?

More than that, she lied thru her teeth to present her running away from Mumbai to save her skin (she would not have been able to face anyone in the chawl if it had all come out) as some kind of great sacrifice she was making to help Ovi get rid of her insecurity! How hypocritical is that?

Now, I am not even sure she has told her husband anything at all. But I no longer care.

See, Gaurav, you are very young, and then you are  a boy, which produces a different perspective. You probably think people like me are too straightlaced and conservative, and that such behaviour is so common these days that it should not invite condemnation, or even comment.

My reply to that would be that I am not objecting to what Purvi did  solely on moral grounds, though that is there as well. I condemn it because it is worse than a moral failing; it is terminally stupid. It is like how  Napoleon described a mistake made by one of his generals: It is worse than a crime, it is a blunder.  It is the same here.

These things always involve a major risk, and this risk is all for the woman. If things go wrong, as here, it is she who will be affected the most. The loss or reputation would also be almost entirely for the woman. So it was incredibly stupid of Purvi to have done something like this.

As for Arjun, the mess was created by both of them equally. It was very, very irresponsible of him to do this, besides being wrong morally. I would again stress the former aspect, and this should be kept in mind by every young man.

This is not love, for love is not instant gratification, Love is restraint and  protectiveness towards the loved one. Love thinks first and foremost of her and what is good for her. It does not expose her to such risks for personal and selfish ends.

Arjunis by now a gone case, and at least he is paying for it, indirectly, with a very unhappy marriage. But she has not paid for it at all, but has instead had, as I noted earlier, an unbelievably soft landing, with a man in a million literally falling into her lap and taking such care of her.

Now Purvi is the second lead in PR. If she is shown behaving in this manner, then  getting off scot free, and very likely being further glorified by Archana, Sulochana , and the rest of the chorus for her mahaan tyaag,  what sort of role model  does she furnish for young girls watching PR? Manav and Archana made many mistakes and paid for it., but they never did anything so totally wrong and so totally stupid. The CVs should never show a lead character behaving like this.

There,  that already is far too long, and sound like a tirade as well. I am very tired of this junk, and I cannot risk my blood pressure by watching it and my poor wrists by posting at such length. But you are such a very nice young man,  and what you said here was so sweet  that I wanted to explain to you what I feel now and why i feel the way  I do. If I were to continue in the forum,, I would sound vitriolic most of the time, and that would be good neither for me nor for the readers. So it is best to cut one's losses, and move one.

Take care of yourself, Gaurav . Think seriously about what I have said above. It applies to girls as well as boys. God bless you and keep you safe and happy.

Shyamala Aunty

Shymala Aunty don't go we need you badly bcoz u are the 1 who guides teenager's here.

[/QUOTE]

bips

IF-Dazzler

bips

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
I loved, loved the part about how love protects and thinks about the other person. I cannot believe that they had unprotected sex and arjun did not care to check if there were consequences. I canno believe that purvi knew she was pregnant and then pushed arjun to have sex with ovi.

This is not love. This is just a perversion of it. And the idea of both sisters pregnant from the same man just assaults my senses. I am pretty liberal but this is just... I cannot find the right word to express my loathing

Originally posted by sashashyam

Gaurav, my dear boy,

Right now, Gaurav, I am too angry to think straight. I never really believed that it could come to this with Purvi. If you read the ARVI Today thread, you will see how I refused to believe it till this evening. I did that because I felt that a simple middle class girl, brought up conservatively in a chawl by Archana and Sulochana, would never ever do a thing like this. And now it turns out that she did. Where had all her oft touted sanskaars gone then ?

See, Gaurav, you are very young, and then you are a boy, which produces a different perspective. You probably think people like me are too straightlaced and conservative, and that such behaviour is so common these days that it should not invite condemnation, or even comment.

My reply to that would be that I am not objecting to what Purvi did solely on moral grounds, though that is there as well. I condemn it because it is worse than a moral failing; it is terminally stupid. It is like how Napoleon described a mistake made by one of his generals: It is worse than a crime, it is a blunder. It is the same here.

This is not love, for love is not instant gratification, Love is restraint and protectiveness towards the loved one. Love thinks first and foremost of her and what is good for her. It does not expose her to such risks for personal and selfish ends.

Now Purvi is the second lead in PR. If she is shown behaving in this manner, then getting off scot free, and very likely being further glorified by Archana, Sulochana , and the rest of the chorus for her mahaan tyaag, what sort of role model does she furnish for young girls watching PR? Manav and Archana made many mistakes and paid for it., but they never did anything so totally wrong and so totally stupid. The CVs should never show a lead character behaving like this.

There, that already is far too long, and sound like a tirade as well. I am very tired of this junk, and I cannot risk my blood pressure by watching it and my poor wrists by posting at such length. But you are such a very nice young man, and what you said here was so sweet that I wanted to explain to you what I feel now and why i feel the way I do. If I were to continue in the forum,, I would sound vitriolic most of the time, and that would be good neither for me nor for the readers. So it is best to cut one's losses, and move one.

Shyamala Aunty

[/QUOTE]

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ptecvishDabulls23

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
/Dear Strega,

I feel the same,but it could be more of an  revoir, you know. I would not like to lose touch completely with a fellow TamBrahm would be dinosaur!Wink

So, if you would like us to stay in touch occasionally and perhaps discuss Hogwarts and  Hermione instead of Arjun and Purvi, you could send me a PM with your e-mail id and I will write to you, and we can take it from there. Of course only if you feel like it.

Warm regards.

Shyamala

[QUOTE=strega]
Sayonara, Shayamala...

It was a brief meeting but fun nevertheless Smile

Take care - our paths may cross once again. I will peep in once in a while. But there is nothing left to say.

[QUOTE=sashashyam]Gaurav, my dear boy,

Post Reply New Post

Go to top