Page 6 Page 8

naava

IF-Dazzler

naava

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tanyaz

Originally posted by naava

[

Tanya..i agree with your post but wanted to add a few things about how i was feeling watching it. 

First of all though i was so glad Archu called Manav...yesterday i was thinking, all this is going on and Manav doesn't know any of it...when will he be brought in to the picture. so..thank God today they brought him in and Archu & he now can support each other in this mess.

However, i was struck by 2-3 things. 
1) When Manav was with Ovi, it was just so spelled out that she is not a woman but a little mentally and emotionally sick child.  Very much not someone who is old enough emotionally to be either a wife or a mother.  And the appeasement of that condition by Manav did not sit well with me (nor by Archu all the time who also looked a little perturbed i thought).  Coddling this behavior has been why Ovi has turned out the way she is...of course now, it's too dangerous to confront it...and everyone's hands are tied.  At least Dr. Onir ...til now,...has had the courage to confront it...but looks like the D's will prevail upon him to change his mind.. or maybe now when he knows the truth he will wash his hand of the whole mess.  Ouch

It did not sit well with me as well.
I hod Manav responsible for the way Ovi has turned out ..He has admittend this himself ..No matter what her emotional issues , Ovi is putting  her baby in danger and manav should have told her off today ..Every time he speaks to her , this girl yells at him ..It is horrible to see something like this ...How can a girl yell like this on her father ...It is horrible , terribly rude ...
The girl is spoilt rotten ...Angry

The biggest point is putting her baby in danger...but frankly because she has a disturbed child's mind, i am not sure how they can get through to her.  I don't think she feels even remotely attached  or connected to the child within her. Pretty scary.  

2) It was so emotional to me when Purvi and Manav came to meet each other.  The love and tenderness in Manav's eyes was so strong and sweet...but i found myself thinking..why Manav why didn't you show Purvi this much love and good advice at the anniversary party where Purvi got creamed and humiliated and shut out?  Why haven't you been there for her all along...since your reconciliation with Archu i mean.   As sweet as the reunion was it was bittersweet in many ways.

He has always been there  for her ..Ovi stopped him from giving 3 Corore ranson bu the did go ...Ovi stopped him from going to her wedding bu the stil lwas ready to do Purvi's kanya daan..Let's not just remember one moment and  blame Mana vfpr that ..Maybe if Arjun had not come then Manav or definitely Archana had told Ovi off...Manav has taken Purvi's side many times in front of Ovi ...Manav has beena great daddy to Purvi but one hing for sure ...he is scared of Ovi because Ovi throws tantrums ...
It's like , always between a conflict of savita and Archana , he would expect Archana to understand , same way he expects Purvi to understand as he knows how sensible Purvi  is  ..He would feel the same way for Teju and Sachin also ...Naava , he dos loves Purvi a lot ...genuinely he loves her ...
You are right Tanya.  I guess i shouldn't take one or two incidents.  It was just that no one stood up for her in the fiasco of the anniversary party, and that seems to be haunting her. When she left it was as if she was erased from the family. All because of Ovi. Even Archu said to Ovi that Purvi is no longer a part of their lives.  That was really difficult to hear her say even though we all knew of course that wasn't at all true but again catering to the tantrums of Ovi.   Ovi really does control the family. Crisis oriented needy people generally do that. 

3) In some ways i can understand Purvi...though i agree it was very wrong.  But after longing all her life for this family, they didn't treat her right at all.  She felt totally rejected, unnecessary and unsupported...not to mention misunderstood.  If she had told Onir at the beginning, he would have tried to get her to contact them, to go back etc.  She had to choose between the pain of loneliness for them and for Arjun, and the pain of rejection from the family she had longed for all her life.  Really not so hard to understand her motive when you think about it.   Now she wlll have more pain to choose from.. I was very unhappy with what she did to Arjun, but i think i understand her character a little better now. 

I guess I also understand now ...she wanted to have this little world of her own ...but I felt bad for Archana ...Now somethimes I get a feeling that whatever Purvi does for Archana is more liek repaying a debt than her love for her mother ..I hope I am wrong but wh ydo Purvi thinks of herself as Orphan all the time ...Orphan is someone who has no one ...here Purvi has a woman who loves her even more than her own children ...
How much more love can a mother give to a child ???
Even then Purvi could think of a life without Archana ...that is why for a short while I felt bad for Archana ...
Purvi cannot leave her mother ...Archana needs her ( for emotional support ) more than she needs Archana ...

I felt very bad for Archana.  When Purvi was talking to Manav, you could see the sadness on Archana's face...Archana does need Purvi a lot and she was extremely hurt that Purvi did all those things without telling her.  Any mother would be devastated. I know i would be.    I don't know why Purvi has this orphan complex either..  but i think she truly loves Archana from the depths of her heart. i think their roles were kind of reversed sometimes.  Purvi comforting Archana, and maybe because Archana was so longing for Manav and the children she lost, Purvi never felt she could do enough or be enough, to be the happiness her mother needed, and why she always tries to fix everything.  

[/QUOTE]

Edited by naava - 21 December 2012 at 1:22pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

princess_farhnewt2007ashfaque2012

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Written Update: 21 Dec 2012 (Page 5)" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

strega

Groupbie

strega

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
I have been a silent reader for a very long time. And now, I feel compelled to post. Tanyaz and naava - I completely agree with the two of you.. Purvi's behaviour, though she did Arjun wrong, is understandable. I can see where she is coming from.

One other thing I do feel and I do not now if anyone else has posted about this -  Purvi  never showed the respect for Arjun that she displays for Onir. She accepts and respects him for what he is. And she never did that with Arjun. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Suhani10

naava

IF-Dazzler

naava

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by strega

I have been a silent reader for a very long time. And now, I feel compelled to post. Tanyaz and naava - I completely agree with the two of you.. Purvi's behaviour, though she did Arjun wrong, is understandable. I can see where she is coming from.

One other thing I do feel and I do not now if anyone else has posted about this -  Purvi  never showed the respect for Arjun that she displays for Onir. She accepts and respects him for what he is. And she never did that with Arjun. 

Strega, how nice to see a post from you if you've been a silent reader. Welcome !!

I think  you are right. There is a difference in Purvi's relationship with Dr. Onir, but there is maybe a plausible reason for that.  Firstly I think that he is quite a bit older than she is. He's an established supposedly well known Doctor and she's just a young girl.  We don't have a lot of interaction to react to as the relationship is so new to us, but it seems that from Purvi's point of view he was someone who helped her out in a time of need. Remember she just said the other day, for the first time she thought of him as "husband" instead of doctor.  So that says a lot. She probably was not in love with him but grateful to him.  Although now we see her trying her best to get him to do things her way..LOL  .  He's a stronger man than Arjun is and he may not do whatever she asks..or he may. We don't know yet.  He loves her a lot.  Maybe so much that he will give her up when he finds out she really still loves Arjun.  

I always felt that Purvi never felt she was allowed to have a love like Arjun...almost that it was too good to be true.  And that she kind of sabotaged it herself because she felt "like an orphan who didn't have the right to happiness."  

Now that she is with Dr. Onir and he has helped heal some things in her, she may have to come to terms with her own desires.  Maybe not an easy thing to do.  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

indiansoapadittynewt2007

strega

Groupbie

strega

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 2:04pm | IP Logged

Strega, how nice to see a post from you if you've been a silent reader. Welcome !!

I think  you are right. There is a difference in Purvi's relationship with Dr. Onir, but there is maybe a plausible reason for that.  Firstly I think that he is quite a bit older than she is. He's an established supposedly well known Doctor and she's just a young girl.  We don't have a lot of interaction to react to as the relationship is so new to us, but it seems that from Purvi's point of view he was someone who helped her out in a time of need. Remember she just said the other day, for the first time she thought of him as "husband" instead of doctor.  So that says a lot. She probably was not in love with him but grateful to him.  Although now we see her trying her best to get him to do things her way..LOL  .  He's a stronger man than Arjun is and he may not do whatever she asks..or he may. We don't know yet.  He loves her a lot.  Maybe so much that he will give her up when he finds out she really still loves Arjun.  

I always felt that Purvi never felt she was allowed to have a love like Arjun...almost that it was too good to be true.  And that she kind of sabotaged it herself because she felt "like an orphan who didn't have the right to happiness."  

Now that she is with Dr. Onir and he has helped heal some things in her, she may have to come to terms with her own desires.  Maybe not an easy thing to do.  

Naava - I agree with you. I always felt that Purvi was dragged along in the relationship despite having misgivings re Ovi. At every stage, she was the reluctant one and Arjun the more ardent lover. 

Of course, I do think that, we the viewers, are taking the characters too seriously. We should go with the flow, and take the dialogues at face value. Much better for our sanity :) 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

princess_farhadittynaavaPancham101

naava

IF-Dazzler

naava

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by strega

Naava - I agree with you. I always felt that Purvi was dragged along in the relationship despite having misgivings re Ovi. At every stage, she was the reluctant one and Arjun the more ardent lover. 

Of course, I do think that, we the viewers, are taking the characters too seriously. We should go with the flow, and take the dialogues at face value. Much better for our sanity :) 

@bold.. so true !!!  LOL  LOL   

aditty

princess_farh

princess_farh

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
extremely disappointing episode

aditty

adithyan

IF-Sizzlerz

adithyan