Krazy_Girl
Krazy_Girl

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Karishma is a hotstepper!
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 21, 2005

shaheen@mid-day.com
MAKING A SONG AND DANCE ABOUT HER NEW ROLE: Karishma Tanna in Ayushmaan
After the Sony show Kkoi Dil Mein Hain went off air last month, Karishma Tanna (who played Krittika in this weekly) went missing from the soap scene.

Tanna is now back and she's making a real song and dance about it too! She makes a cameo appearance in the Sony daily Ayushmaan for a dance number.

"I only feature in this episode during the song sequence. It's Ayushmaan's wedding scene and the number is part of the celebrations. I dance to the Aaja Re Mahi track from the film Heena," she says. The episode is slated to air on March 24.

This is the first time that Tanna is doing a cameo in a serial and that too a dance number. "It was a great experience to shoot for a song. There are so many people around you; the choreographer, the production folks, it all made me feel like a film actress!"

Tanna is the latest in Ayushmaan's line-up of guest appearances by TV stars, which has included  Shraddha Nigam and Anju Mahendru. According to Cinevistaas, the producers of Ayushmaan, these special appearances are part of the script's design.

Instead of running a story for months, the soap has incorporated drama and a quick story with twists, with guest stars playing pivotal characters in each episode. Now, the track features Ayushmaan's (Sudeep Sahir) wedding preparations, while Mayank (Manav Gohil) is up to his dirty tricks.

Tanna, who made her television debut as the comical Indu in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, was later seen as Tanisha in Kahin To Milenge (SaharaOne) and as Tina in Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand (Star Plus).

shaheen@mid-day.com

When does it air?

This episode, to be aired on March 24, features Ayushmaan's wedding scene and Tanna's "item" number is part of the celebrations. She will dance to the Aaja Re Mahi track from the film Heena.

Tanna in Suneel Darshan film

Karishma Tanna makes her film debut in Suneel Darshan's film Dosti — Friends Forever. The movie stars Akshay Kumar, Bobby Deol, Kareena Kapoor and Lara Dutta. Says Tanna, "I play Bobby Deol's sister in the film. I have already started shooting for it."

This role came her way post Kkoi Dil Mein Hai, "and as I was not doing anything else at that time, I took on the offer." It's not a big role she admits, "but there are important tracks between the character of Bobby and his family in the film."

Though Tanna is looking at Bollywood, she affirms that she does not want to be slotted in playing sister roles. "I may be doing such a role in Dosti, but I wouldn't play something similar in another film."

~*Prinkzz4eva*~ IF-Dazzler
~*Prinkzz4eva*~
~*Prinkzz4eva*~

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 4:29pm | IP Logged

AWESOME!!! nice article.......indu's like one of my fav characters...shes so funny and preety too...don't u think so????Big smile

Krazy_Girl Groupbie
Krazy_Girl
Krazy_Girl

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:46am | IP Logged
no doubt.she is preety and koo.but sad thing is that she cant' find any gud guy in kyonki...lolz
sportsguy131 Senior Member
sportsguy131
sportsguy131

Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:34am | IP Logged
hey thx for sharing the article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top