Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga
Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga

India-Forums

\|/ Doubts & Discussions about Maa Durga \|/ (Page 7)

wildcat1994 Senior Member
wildcat1994
wildcat1994

Posted: 02 March 2013 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

That's again DKDM version. The DP & the scripts of 10 Mahavidyas doesn't say that. So for me Sati was Goddess ParaShakti's avatar, was born as the result of Daksh's penanace, she is taking this birth to unite with Shivji, will be born as his daughter but when he'll insult her husband, she'll leave him & go.
DP mentions Shivji did penanace to get Goddess ParaShakti as his wife. She appeared in a ferrocious form infront of him, but he was not scared. She then told him, she will take birth to unite with him. So if Shivji did penanace to get her, why will he not accept her? 
I believe those scriptures more as they have further reference in some other scriptures.
DKDM plays a lot with the Purana's stories, which are not accepted to those who have read, known those stories.
Anyway everyone can have their own views.

umm...i am not sure about the DP but as far as d scripts are concerned...yes, Sati's story, her 10 Mahavidyas form...etc...all tat i stated does have a mention n yes..plz, a lot of historical texts have still not found their way into the public's lives and remain a secret known only to historians...n since, i know a lot of historians...i can guarantee u tat the DKDM version of the story is not completely false though i wouldn't say its completely true either!!! AFA, shiva's tapasya is concerned...it remains a mystery to all for every text n scripts states a diff version...in the ramayana, its regarded that his tapasya is for ram n vishnu while ur dp says its for sati...so tat is sumthin am not sure of...:( but the rest i m...trust me, sati's story as shown in DKDM is very close to the real one as mentioned in d scripts!!!
mnx12 Viewbie
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 02 March 2013 at 11:16am | IP Logged

Well we are discussing about Mythology, so the reference is from the Mytho & Spritual texts only. History has it's limitations. So quoting the source is very important & it should be awailable in prints. Without that whatever is said can be unreliable.

Please stick to discussins about this show only. This thread is created for knowing about Ma Durga & finding logical answers based on the sources awailable. For DKDM related discussions visit that forum's thread.
wildcat1994
wildcat1994

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Question-Question...devi shakhambari vs durgam...i haven't heard of this story...anyone knows about it?????
mnx12 Viewbie
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 3:57am | IP Logged
According to a story in 'Shivapuran' an ambitious demon named 'Durgam' had gone through grave penance to please 'Brahmadev' and in return was granted a boon that no 'man' could kill him. He set aside the teachings of the 'Vedas' and began to bother all living beings on earth. He did not spare even the Goddesses. There was chaos all over. Then in answer to the Goddessess prayers, the supreme power Ma Bhagwati killed the demon and was called ' Ma Durga' since then.

Ma Durga confronted the monster army with great courage and defeated the monster 'Durgam'. She put up the forms of Kali, Tara Chinamasta, Shri Vidya, Bhuwaneshwari, Bhairavi, Bagulamukhi, Dhumra, Matangi, and Kamala of Knowledge at the same time. Then the Supreme Durga through her super power created ten 'Durga', and other super Goddessess namely Shailaputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyayini, Kalratri, Mahagauri, Siddhidatri and the original 'Durga and many other powerful women. The army took away the forgotten 'Vedas' from the monster and returned them to the Gods thus enlightening them.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

wildcat1994

wildcat1994
wildcat1994

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 10:38am | IP Logged
hey, can anyone lemme know whats gion in JJJMD, i haven't watched it 4 some 2 weeks due to exams, the last epi i watched was when DURGA DEVI was about to kill DURGAM after extracting d VEDAS frm him...ty in adv!!!!

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index