Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

s123vi thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@ vkaur

totally agree wid u!
 though i ll miss this show,  i don't want anothr season ! wat's d use of this aman ki asha whn ppl frm both sides r bad mouthin each othr evrytym?
indians mostly bashd aatif bt pakistanis left no stone unturnd in passin demeanin comments 4 ashaji.
d constant bashin of ashaji was beyond tolerance 4 me. she may b biasd sm tyms bt thn wat abt othr judges? they wr also not totally fair still only ashaji was targetd n calld names. it was sad 2 c sm pakistanis evn wishin 4 her death jst 4 a show!! 😲so so cheap!😡 it was hurtful 2 c that sm ppl respect  legends on d basis of their nationality.
aatif misbehavd wid jury still he was calld a warrior. he may b a gud captain bt 4 me, he has cm out as a vry ill mannerd n arrogant prsn.

i don't think bharat pak cn evr b friends. sorry, i don't want such fake friendships.😒
vkaur125 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: s123vi

@ vkaur

totally agree wid u!
 though i ll miss this show,  i don't want anothr season ! wat's d use of this aman ki asha whn ppl frm both sides r bad mouthin each othr evrytym?
indians mostly bashd aatif bt pakistanis left no stone unturnd in passin demeanin comments 4 ashaji.
d constant bashin of ashaji was beyond tolerance 4 me. she may b biasd sm tyms bt thn wat abt othr judges? they wr also not totally fair still only ashaji was targetd n calld names. it was sad 2 c sm pakistanis evn wishin 4 her death jst 4 a show!! 😲so so cheap!😡 it was hurtful 2 c that sm ppl respect  legends on d basis of their nationality.
aatif misbehavd wid jury still he was calld a warrior. he may b a gud captain bt 4 me, he has cm out as a vry ill mannerd n arrogant prsn.

i don't think bharat pak cn evr b friends. sorry, i don't want such fake friendships.😒

Thanks for agreeing with me. 
Yes, Pakistani judges were equally biased as well. Ghulam Ali would give 0's to the Indian singers, when they deserved a 10 and he would give 10's to the Pakistani singers when they deserved a 0. I felt the same about Abida sometimes, too. 

As for Atif, I felt he was quite rude sometimes. Even if an Indian singer sang will, he would still say "aur baither ho sakta tha". However, even if a Pakistani singer didn't do so well, he would say they were good. I mean yea, it is the job of the coach to encourage but I don't think it was right of the coach to discourage others. That's my opinion. Then he would argue with the judges. I think it was uncalled for.  I have always liked his songs and will continue to do so, as for him, I don't think so. 

There is a difference between being patriotic and being ethnocentric. One means to have love for your country and the other one means that you think you're better than the rest. And of course, it brought out an ethnocentric reaction from both sides. 

Then there is this whole issue where people start to bring in religion. I saw this one comment on Twitter, where someone tweeted something to the lines of, "I am glad Aman got a 0, Nabeel sang better than this dirty Hindu". I was appalled after reading this. Where did religion come from? What does religion have to do with this anyways? And if someone thinks their religion is better, then keep it to yourself. 

One thing I love about living in NYC is that people MOST people don't think like this. I go to school with people from all over the world, who are of different religions. I make friends, not because of the religion they follow or if they are from my culture. They are my friends because of who they are as individuals. I have Hindu, Sikh, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, Atheist, etc. friends and I respect them all. Unfortunately, in countries such as Pakistan, where the majority are Muslims, they don't get to experience this stuff. Same thing goes with India, unless you're in one of the major cities such as Mumbai. Thus, they think they and their religion are better than the next person. Just as all the fingers on our hands aren't all the same length, same goes for people, everyone is different. I am just saying what I feel about some (or many) people in general. So yea, I don't think India and Pakistan can be friends again either. And this is the reason. 

One thing I do love about India is the fact that it's a democracy. It doesn't have a state religion. Being 80%+ Hindus, we have a Sikh PM, when Sikhs only make up about 2-3% of the entire population. Muslims, Christians, etc. too have prominent positions in business and the government. I just hope that more people open up and accept others regardless. And I don't think this show established that, what-so-ever. Please, no more of this show! Now, I just hope people reading this don't think I am bashing a religion, country, etc. Even if they do think that, then let it be. 

I know I have partially gone off topic, so I'll end this post with a ðŸ˜Š. 

13-old thumbnail

Originally posted by: vkaur125

Thanks for agreeing with me. 
Yes, Pakistani judges were equally biased as well. Ghulam Ali would give 0's to the Indian singers, when they deserved a 10 and he would give 10's to the Pakistani singers when they deserved a 0. I felt the same about Abida sometimes, too. 

As for Atif, I felt he was quite rude sometimes. Even if an Indian singer sang will, he would still say "aur baither ho sakta tha". However, even if a Pakistani singer didn't do so well, he would say they were good. I mean yea, it is the job of the coach to encourage but I don't think it was right of the coach to discourage others. That's my opinion. Then he would argue with the judges. I think it was uncalled for.  I have always liked his songs and will continue to do so, as for him, I don't think so. 

There is a difference between being patriotic and being ethnocentric. One means to have love for your country and the other one means that you think you're better than the rest. And of course, it brought out an ethnocentric reaction from both sides. 

Then there is this whole issue where people start to bring in religion. I saw this one comment on Twitter, where someone tweeted something to the lines of, "I am glad Aman got a 0, Nabeel sang better than this dirty Hindu". I was appalled after reading this. Where did religion come from? What does religion have to do with this anyways? And if someone thinks their religion is better, then keep it to yourself. 

One thing I love about living in NYC is that people MOST people don't think like this. I go to school with people from all over the world, who are of different religions. I make friends, not because of the religion they follow or if they are from my culture. They are my friends because of who they are as individuals. I have Hindu, Sikh, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, Atheist, etc. friends and I respect them all. Unfortunately, in countries such as Pakistan, where the majority are Muslims, they don't get to experience this stuff. Same thing goes with India, unless you're in one of the major cities such as Mumbai. Thus, they think they and their religion are better than the next person. Just as all the fingers on our hands aren't all the same length, same goes for people, everyone is different. I am just saying what I feel about some (or many) people in general. So yea, I don't think India and Pakistan can be friends again either. And this is the reason. 

One thing I do love about India is the fact that it's a democracy. It doesn't have a state religion. Being 80%+ Hindus, we have a Sikh PM, when Sikhs only make up about 2-3% of the entire population. Muslims, Christians, etc. too have prominent positions in business and the government. I just hope that more people open up and accept others regardless. And I don't think this show established that, what-so-ever. Please, no more of this show! Now, I just hope people reading this don't think I am bashing a religion, country, etc. Even if they do think that, then let it be. 

I know I have partially gone off topic, so I'll end this post with a ðŸ˜Š.

@vkaur
were you sleeping till now when indians were abusing badly pakistani members and singers.
Now you have  come to show your greatness here.
You people will never can come close to our singers.
We are the roots of singing Industry and you are doing copy.

Edited by 13-old - 11 years ago
vkaur125 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

@vkaur
were you sleeping till now when indians were abusing badly pakistani members and singers.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Thank you for proving my point. And if you haven't read both my posts, I said both Indians and Pakistanis are to be blamed. Never blamed just one side, so it's wrong of you to say that I didn't see Indians abusing Pakistanis. I've been here since 2008 on this account. I only have 80 posts. That means, I usually don't come here. Same goes for you, you have been on since 2010 and only have 31 posts. I guess we both woke up today. 

It was a Saturday so I came to post when I found out Nabeel won and say my congratulations. I didn't have a bad intention in my head. It's too bad most people think negatively.  

As for being the "root of the singing industry", good singers are born everywhere. You don't need to be Pakistani for that. 

pinky charm thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
v well deserved ...he is superb singer ..congratsss NABEEL ...
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ! ðŸ¥³
April2007 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lotus1963

well if this is indeed true i am very sad not because i am an Indian, of course also because of that but Indians are very fair people also at least I am and I honestly felt that India as a team proved to be far superior to Pakistsn.

Pakistan had only Nabeel that they cound count on. We had both yashraj and Diljaan wow what a soul stirring singer straight from the hear straight to the heart. The most sincere singer of sur kshetra and hence the most consistent. I am not Punjabi either sri I am a south indian too I also didnt understand the words but like sean said I understood his music. I think that India should have won in all fairness. Now if we are into diplomacy well it's an entirely different story altogether!

I agree with you...

Just wondering why Himesh announced the winner before the show was shown to the public ...just wondering if there is another twist.

I was preparing myself for abuses and insults to Indian judges and Indians in general if an Indian would have won..and justifying it by saying Indians are also abusing..

Actually we don't want the diplomacy where we had to appease Pakistan. No more diplomacy. Indian team was stronger than Pakistani team.
Abuses and insulations  to Ashaji by Atif,  partiality by Abida  and Gulam Ali has left a very bad taste. I will never be able to enjoy there music without thinking about about their character.

Edited by April2007 - 11 years ago
April2007 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pentaminous.

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ! ðŸ¥³

Yup..

Stay on your side of the border. No more Aman ki Asha..no more calling Indian names ..remember your two nation theory..we cannot live together, this show and Atif, Abida and Gulam's behavior has proved this..

13-old thumbnail

@vkaur

This is exactly what I was talking about. Thank you for proving my point. And if you haven't read both my posts, I said both Indians and Pakistanis are to be blamed. Never blamed just one side, so it's wrong of you to say that I didn't see Indians abusing Pakistanis. I've been here since 2008 on this account. I only have 80 posts. That means, I usually don't come here. Same goes for you, you have been on since 2010 and only have 31 posts. I guess we both woke up today. 

It was a Saturday so I came to post when I found out Nabeel won and say my congratulations. I didn't have a bad intention in my head. It's too bad most people think negatively.  

As for being the "root of the singing industry", good singers are born everywhere. You don't need to be Pakistani for that. 

I avoided as much as I could. Members were blaming Sara regarding hiding age. Many people hide their age. Their one member was 34 in 2005 and that member is still 34 in 2012. Therefor, they had not to raise finger about age. Age is a number. Healthy person looks younger and sick person or weak person looks older.  I came only here to repeat my statement. My ID was 13 in 2010 but still looks 13.
No body should tolerate any abuse. I dont tolerate. At least, in public, if I dislike any thing, my face can show anger..

I have written about root. Folk songs are roots of classical songs and Pakistan is one of the best in folk songs.
I equally love India but when no choice is left, and circumstances force us, then, we are helpless to write similar comments. We know and we felt our PAKISTAN IS SWEET LOVELY AND GREAT.
pakeezah thumbnail

Nabeel was my favorite from Pakistan's side. It was hard to choose between DIljaan and Yash Raj from India. However, I'm glad that Pakistan won. Otherwise people would have said that it was a set-up and scripted show. Pakistanis were saying that since it was an Indian show, India was "obviously" going to win. Then many people were saying that Asha was so biased, etc.  At least now they know Indians plays fair and we respect outside talent. That's why there are so many Pakistani singers and actors in Bollywood. Again, congratulations to Nabeel!

Honestly, I hope they don't have another season of this show. I don't think it served the purpose of bringing the two countries and their people "together".  It did the complete opposite. I never understood why people were saying such horrible things about Asha Bhosle. I mean come on, she's a well-respected singer who has years of experience and people were cursing her out. Like come on, be mature, it's a damn show, no need to get your mouths dirty. 

Everyone is a bully these days. People think that since they are sitting behind a computer screen, they can say whatever they want to who ever they want. In real life, most of you would not say half the hurtful things you say on here. I am not just talking about the Pakistani side, I am including the Indian side as well. 

In the end, it really doesn't matter who won. Now, each and everyone is more famous and they will be making plenty of money, which was the end goal. Just look at Aman, he has already sung a few songs for movies even though he didn't "win".  Diljaan, Nabeel, Yashraj, Mulazzim, etc., in my eyes are all winners. Everyone has a different type of voice which can be used for different kinds of songs. 

In the end, people need to look within each other and try to get a grip of reality. If you're going to act like this, what are you planning on teaching your kids? To hate each others? Please, be mature. Thanks!

vkaurji

this is the first time im seeing you post here and its nice to read that you would
like peace and hv many friends of all religions.

however, pls do go through ALL the posts since beginning of show on india
forums and tell me WHO  you find doing the abusing. 

there were handful of pakistanis and from them too some were neutral and
unbiased. there were some one or two indians who commented on show as
whole and didnt hate.

but towards end most neutral ones left. i think they got put off by the tone
of the posts here.

there were even some really weird characters who posted abusive posts
coming in multiple ids abusing pakistani captain and supporters of that
team and the mods very rightly banned them and removed those posts.

as for show i speak for myself. if more talent and fresh voices like
nabeel mulazim and imraans can be found, i would definitely watch another
sur kshetra. it was wonderful to listen to them just as it was diljaan, aman.

my opinion of ashaji has never been good and it went  even further down 
watching her behaviour on this show. 

i know the fact that this show was held in dubai and not india affected the 
kind of guests on the show- they couldnt get big movie stars to promote their
show like sa re ga ma pa and so lowered the visibility of show but mulazim
imraan/diljaan/etc and indeed himeshji, atif and sometimes jury made it entertaining
even without big stars making appearance.

i agree the fighting atmosphere was really off putting especially in beginning
but i think inspite of that, sur kshetra was a very worthwhile journey. there
were warm moments between the participants and the contestants  seem
to have cherished their time on the show.

i hope it has given music industry of both countries some new superstars.

and yes, nabeels win sort of proves that an indian produced show can 
award a pakistani the prize. how they decided, who who voted for nabeel
is yet to be seen, since episode is yet to be shown.