Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Purab,words straight from the heart! (Page 2)

RUPALV22 Senior Member
RUPALV22
RUPALV22

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Thanks Puja !

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
Rupali, thnx for sharing ur feelings with the rest of us, especially since there are many people, both male and female, who yearn to be loved for WHO they are rather than how they look......I love Purab's character for the very reasons that u mentioned.....it has impacted my life too....

A few yrs back I decided to start wearing the hijab.....My family supported my decision but weren't too keen on it, my friends asked me why, I was told that I'm making  life difficult for myself, that I will face problems especially being in the design industry.....I persisted that since I was doing this because of a certain belief, I will not be shortchanged. Also, it does not change who I am or what I am capable of so what difference does it make.....well, my friends' predictions came true.

Apparently it made a big diffreence to some.....I had a hard time finding a good job, I was told at one interview that my resume was excellent but my choice of headcovering will hinder my success in this field.....for a while I was really dishearted and depressed.....I would go for intervews in a half hearted manner.....I kept asking myself "is it wrong to hope for the good, to believe that I deserve more".....it was during this time that I started watching JJKN....ironically, it was Apoorva's presence that made me start watching it.....and then Purab came in....this was post Alibagh episodes...and it made me realise that the fault does not lie in appearance or principles but rather in the interpretation of others....Some people are just too shallow to see beneath the surface.....

I started some free lance work from home.....meanwhile, I got a job interview doing a combo of retail and design consults, which I had no real expereince for.....against all odds I got the job. Less than a yr later I'm one of the youngest consultants in the company, my coworkers value my openions and ideas over all others, my employer knows of my priorities and makes special allowances for me. And if I look back at the jobs I didnt get, I realise that they were never good enough for me. Those people never saw my potential, they never valued me, so I'm better off without them......

All this was a valuable lesson for me......dont let go of your standards just because some cowards tell u differently....believe in urself so that others believe in u too...and most importantly, dont let go of hope.....
shiverz Goldie
shiverz
shiverz

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:01pm | IP Logged

Wow Rupal, Bgdesai, and Ides! Thanks for sharing your touching experiences and thoughts with us! It's very nice to see how this show has affected all of you in positive ways! Wish all of you the best in life!!Smile

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:51am | IP Logged
 That was a very touching post indeed Rupal. Ides, that was a revealation...... I salute your spirit and your beliefs......
nishi IF-Dazzler
nishi
nishi

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:20am | IP Logged

same here !!!!!!!!

salute you guys !!!!!!for daring to tell the truth which we seldom do !

shweta_k Groupbie
shweta_k
shweta_k

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:11am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing rupal
Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Rupal and Ides. your personal experiences really  touched my heart. thanks for sharing. this is one of the most beautiful rewards of the directors . their shows has changed some persons' lives so much. if they could know it!!!!!!
RUPALV22 Senior Member
RUPALV22
RUPALV22

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:31am | IP Logged

thanks Ides, that was really touching & inspirational !

I don't know what to say,want to say a lot, but- I realise  within, that life has to move on..& more or less it's in our hands to make it beautiful or worse !!

Go to top