Posted: 18 years ago

HI EVERYONE,๐Ÿ˜Š
  I dono why I should be doing this,probably at this stage we all r frustrated with jjkn for our own reasons & are giving vent to them;I want to say a few things.
    I haven't watched jjkn before purab's entry(which is the base for armaan-jassi relationship)I haven't watched Alibuag track (which is base for purab jassi relationship) I was narrated the story casualy by my aunt,when I was facing  lows in my life;  

I belong to medical profession n I thought my look didn't matter to my work I 'chose'to look behanji hoping in my mind someone could see the beauty trough those spects for whom I'll turn beautiful! n was almost convinced that I was wrong;I was stuck up with prolonged illness in my own family n filled with negativity in my life....when  I happened to see purab in jjkn;he almost personified my ideas of the dream man!!instantly purab jassi relationship clicked to me,I always found her beautiful in his presence 'coz his eyes only poured respect for her,his ways gave her complete freedom to flourish n still his comfort gave sense of being together;in purab's words "Marriage is freedom like two birds flying together -different,independent -yet together"  All this started affecting me positively & gave rebirth to romance in my life ,I started thinking beyond the blues of my life n to my surprise could break that vicious circle of illness n throw more light on myself!  I owe to u purab!!
    It was only when his abrupt exit left me with why,how,when I actualy started coming on the net n I came to know oh it was story of armaan jassi-I never took armaan as more than a dependent boss.
     anyways frustration of purab fans n the story later is known to everyone;I do understand frustration of armaan fans over the original story But this is what jjkn is to me!!
     I sincerely want to thank Mr. samir soni for living purab n want to tell him HE HAS AFFECTED ONE LIFE IN A POSITIVE WAY;THIS IMPACT WON'T BE EVER WASHED OFF WITH T&D'S GIMICS OR GREY,GREEN,RED ANY SHADE GIVEN TO THE CHARACTOR!
    Puja when we were discussing abt 'it's high time purab should change now;'first response from my heart was 'no'but ur words somewhere made me realise that I was holding back purab for my personal reason n have mixed up my fantasy with reality,(thanks for pulling me out-I love virgos for that)i probably wanted to say all this to u puja;somehow I didn't mind confessing this on IF that amongst armaan jassi lovers there is one person who is attached to jjkn for altogether different reason.
     I dono how long still I'll be clinged to the show but I wanted to say all this once & get over with it.I hope now onwards it'll be only for interesting discussions & not mixing fantasy n reality!!
   Thanks everyone!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi Rupal,

wow....what a reason to be attached to JJKN. It's very impressive to see that a character from a fantacy world can actually give you some positive vibes and give a new dimention to your life.

So nice that you shared it with all of us.

Purva

characters in television are actually close to reality..i am sure there will be some jasmeet walia somewhere...some armaan suri and purab mehra as well..........it was a very heart wrenching post rupal.....i am sure most IF members will be able to appreciate your post and feel happy for you......
Hi Rupal, thanks for sharing this with us. I guess sometimes tv show does impact a lot in our lives. They are based on people of our culture and society. If you see tv shows like "friends" or "Kind of Queens" or "Piya ka ghar" or "khussum" etc. you probably don't have much common in your lifestyle. However, JJKN is a show that is indeed very decent and has stressed lot on all type of relationship we see in our life. Like, Billu and Jassi's relation always remind me of my father who was so stict and me and my brother used to call him "hitler" throughout our school/college days. Babe is just like my grandmother who is no more and I still remember her like cazy sometimes... I wish such relationship for my daughter and her grandmother. So you getting impressed by Purab is just very naturual and anyone would want to have a lifepartner like Purab and the way he handles his life. He is so mature. The good part about any show is we can differentiate its positive and negative side and try to learn from all its positive messages. Shows like Khussum has nothing positive as far as I think but JJKN has lots of thigns we can compare to our lives. I think thats also one of the reason why thsi show is so popular. And Puja is right when she said Purab needs to change. Anybody in his place needs to stand up for themselves at times. She was so true when she said that to be good is nice but to be so good that you start looking like a fool is not good! So I wish you all the best for your life and I am sure that some day your fantacies will turn to reality. My husband always tells me this and I now belive in his saying after these many years that "Think ONLY what want to expect in life" don't think anything else.... 'coz things usually turn out the way you expect. I always was scared of going to labor and the whole birthing process and was always negative and guess what? I had huge postpartum package I had to deal after I had my baby. From that day I've learned never ever to be negative in life and I only dream for great things for my life and I knwo thats how my life will turn out! ๐Ÿ˜Š
You have shared a very beautiful experience with us Rupal, and very extra ordinary. It is wonderful that a work of fiction has affected you so positively. Thank you for sharing it with us and wish you All the best in your life! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Oh thank u Purva,Lash,Bgdesai,Daisy !

I was littlle hesitant but after 'feeling the spirit' of IF I couldn't resist today๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank u bgdesai for sharing that ,I too started beliving now that only those things come in ur way which u  desire!

thanks for the blessings๐Ÿ˜Š

Hey Rupal thanks for sharing!

I am glad that a work of fiction has had a positive impact on you. 

All the best for your life!

you are one brave person to admit how the show impacts you.most people try to deny the impact of media in thier personal lives.

there are purabs and armaans and jassis in this world somewhere(ofcourse with a tad bit less messy lives).purab influences or touches me the most bcoz he is very close to the person , i aspire to be.success does not turn his head, money does not make him lose his humanity and humility.

life is a countinuos roller coaster ride, you never know what surprises await you on next turn (sometimes good , sometimes bad). all in all i have learnt never to say never to anything, keeping faith and hope and dreams  intact and finding humour and beauty in every aspect of life.someday you will meet someone who will be able to look beyond your looks and sense the real you.don't let go of that hope .

Rupali, thnx for sharing ur feelings with the rest of us, especially since there are many people, both male and female, who yearn to be loved for WHO they are rather than how they look......I love Purab's character for the very reasons that u mentioned.....it has impacted my life too....

A few yrs back I decided to start wearing the hijab.....My family supported my decision but weren't too keen on it, my friends asked me why, I was told that I'm making  life difficult for myself, that I will face problems especially being in the design industry.....I persisted that since I was doing this because of a certain belief, I will not be shortchanged. Also, it does not change who I am or what I am capable of so what difference does it make.....well, my friends' predictions came true.

Apparently it made a big diffreence to some.....I had a hard time finding a good job, I was told at one interview that my resume was excellent but my choice of headcovering will hinder my success in this field.....for a while I was really dishearted and depressed.....I would go for intervews in a half hearted manner.....I kept asking myself "is it wrong to hope for the good, to believe that I deserve more".....it was during this time that I started watching JJKN....ironically, it was Apoorva's presence that made me start watching it.....and then Purab came in....this was post Alibagh episodes...and it made me realise that the fault does not lie in appearance or principles but rather in the interpretation of others....Some people are just too shallow to see beneath the surface.....

I started some free lance work from home.....meanwhile, I got a job interview doing a combo of retail and design consults, which I had no real expereince for.....against all odds I got the job. Less than a yr later I'm one of the youngest consultants in the company, my coworkers value my openions and ideas over all others, my employer knows of my priorities and makes special allowances for me. And if I look back at the jobs I didnt get, I realise that they were never good enough for me. Those people never saw my potential, they never valued me, so I'm better off without them......

All this was a valuable lesson for me......dont let go of your standards just because some cowards tell u differently....believe in urself so that others believe in u too...and most importantly, dont let go of hope.....

Wow Rupal, Bgdesai, and Ides! Thanks for sharing your touching experiences and thoughts with us! It's very nice to see how this show has affected all of you in positive ways! Wish all of you the best in life!!๐Ÿ˜Š