Debate Mansion

Can the world ever be a better place for women??

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

...Nidhi...

Goldie

...Nidhi...

Posted: 20 December 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged
The recent rape-case in Delhi has yet again proved how unsafe the world, even more shamefully our own country, still is for what we consider as the FRAILER sex.
Before moving to anything else I ,from the bottom of my heart, pray for the 23 year old girl, the recent most victim of the insatiable lust of the hounds prowling around in our society, that she may get well soon physically and hopefully even mentally and emotionally at least to fight against the brutality inflicted not only on her body but also her soul. May God give her the strength to overcome this... anguish and to rise again...

This is however, just one incidence... There are innumerable such cases all over India and also around the world, most not even being reported either out of shame or fear and maybe sometimes even because of the dwindling faith of people in the judicial system of the country. People are organizing protest marches and stuff asking for justice for this one girl, even talking about capital punishment for such filthy criminals. However, I'm forced to think if the case would be the same had the girl not been pushed so far to the brink of death with little chance of survival???! I wonder whether just to have the littlest chance at justice the girl has to bear such brutal bruises on her body and soul to an extent that she might never wake up again...!!

Forgive me for being so brash and even insensitive at such a time but why did anyone NOT come so strongly in front to fight against such cruelty when innumerable innocent souls were brutally bruised and killed in the past years?? Why is that in this world, talking so highly of equality of the two sexes, we girls still cannot be our carefree selves from the very moment we step out of the safe havens of our home?? Why cannot we be free of the humiliating experiences of feeling the leering stares of these wolves in disguise of men all over us??? Why doesn't anyone stand up for us on such instances? Why don't we ourselves fight for our own dignity?? And the most ironical part is that the society that takes pleasure in boasting so highly about all this damned progress and modernity of thinking pattern, goes back to being brutally judgemental when any untoward incident happens not leaving one chance to blame the victim herself for the injustice inflicted, sometimes even forcing the girl to commit suicide... Not to forget, a lot of families are to be blamed equally!! Even now the most these supposed leaders can come up with is that 'girls should wear decent clothes... shouldn't try to compete with boys' and God knows what kind of similar disgusting statements instead of taking proper actions!!??

We are the major part of the society henceforth and that is the reason I want to call out to all the people out there to stop seeing and treating us women as mere objects just fit to satisfy the never ending sexual desires of the opposite sex, things to be lusted after, possessions to be used and thrown away like trash!!... Learn to treat us as living, breathing humans with feelings just like the physically STRONGER gender!! And God forbid if any untoward happens, we need support, care and love from the people WE love and everyone who is a part of the society and NOT disgusted glances, pointed stares or pathetic attempts at sympathy!!

I don't know if I'm even making any sense or if my writing all this is going to make any difference really. It's highly probable that nobody may even give a second thought to any of this...

I simply ask for a peaceful life to live for all women free from any kind of fear and apprehension...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can the world ever be a better place for women??" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..N3rDyM0R0N..

IF-Dazzler

..N3rDyM0R0N..

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 11:03am | IP Logged
It can be a better place only when the society changes  

Law  , government and any other thing could just change 1 % of the society , remaining 99%  chages only after self realization 

Crimes can be reduced only when people think once before doing a crime .

All these molestations can come under control only when all men  start to respect women Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top