Why always a woman's character is at fault ? - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Abaddon

By jove  ! u need to relax ! ...Who told u tht the girl is being blamed fr the Delhi rape case ? ...Whole India is with her ...demanding justice !  &  pls do not compare such a cruel  & horrible reality  with tht of a stupid fiction !   U r taking this shw far too seriously !

I never said the girl in the Delhi rape case is blamed...I meant that in general...please read the particular article...http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/in-and-around-delhi-cops-blame-rapes-on-w

I am not taking the show seriously...but yes, I am taking the message seriously because that is a wrong notion and message.
Originally posted by twinkle90

I think Asad would have reacted the same way if Zoya was a guy who did not show up at the alter and kept everyone waiting, guessing and feeling humiliated. Would you have reacted the same way then?😕 Please note that he does not know why she did that yet- that is the problem..it is a drama- things take time to evolve.. so that we viewers get mad.. but still stay hooked to the show..😆

It is nothing to do with being a man or an woman- when you give a promise you must keep it if you are honorable- Asad is honorable, we know that for sure. Yes, his ways are back dated, however, he does what he believes without having any double standard⭐️. I never felt that he look down upon women, he is just over protective- that hopefully will change now that he met a girl like Zoya... his outlook will change :) .😊.

he should have asked her Why she did it instead of accusing her and giving judgement calls.
Originally posted by Rupunzale

Yes, Zoya ran away from her marriage...but was she at fault ? Absolutely not. Every woman has the right to choose her life partner...Zoya has the right too. Her marriage was fixed without her knowledge...did she have a choice? Yes, she should have said No at the beginning but we have to remember that at-least she had the courage to walk away at the last moment. A marriage which is compromised is a disaster.

Today  once again Asad accused Zoya of having no morals and remarked on her character...it was an insult to a woman's character which was developed on mere judgements. This is the new trend in the Indian television to character assassin the woman and then let the man go through a guilt trip. This whole concept is appalling and extremely horrendous.

Why is women always blamed and insulted in the Indian society ? Why are women always viewed as a commodity only waiting to be transferred from home to another ? 

The Delhi rape case has left me numb and it devastates me to think that Indian society still blames the woman even if she is raped...it's always the woman's fault...she must have asked for it or she was dressed inappropriately or she shouldn't be out of the house after 9 pm...what is happening to the society here? The statement should be ( Do not rape) instead of ( Don't get raped).

I had to refer to the above inhumane incident because all these inhumane behavior starts with prejudging the woman and her character. It is always believed that the woman is at fault by some regressive and over radicalized men. 

This kind of behavior needs to stop.

Ms Gul...you need to stop glorifying your male lead Asad's character ...he simply needs to stop insulting and defaming Zoya. This is going way too far and needs to stop. I want to see him repent for all his insulting words to Zoya...I want to see him repent for all the baseless accusations he has showerd upon Zoya. 

You simply cannot show such behavior words a woman and justify it by showing Asad rescuing Zoya when she is kidnapped...really? 

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT . OUR SOCIETY IS DISGUSTING.

AND SOAP OPERAS NEED TO STOP GLORIFYING CHAUVINISTS. HONESTLY, I FEEL ASADS CHARACTER NEEDS TO GO THROUGH A SWIFT CHANGE ELSE IT WOULD BE UNBEARABLE TO WATCH THE SHOW. CURRENTLY, I AM JUST WATCHING IT FOR ZOYA .
I agree that Asad was wrong to have been so judgemental about Zoya running away from her wedding. But I guess Asad's biased opinion against Zoya has more to do with Akram being an employee of his and Asad even said that he considers his employees as part of the family. It seems like Asad really trusts Akram a lot and he doesn't seem to be aware of Akram's true nature.
Now I'm not justifying Asad and I know his thinking is regressive at times ... but I'm just trying to look at the other side of the coin... and in this case, more than it being about woman vs man; from Asad's POV it is about a girl he knows for a short while vs a trusted employee he knows for three years; its more of a human nature to get judgemental and side with the one we think we know well...
Originally posted by samantha1987200

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT . OUR SOCIETY IS DISGUSTING.

AND SOAP OPERAS NEED TO STOP GLORIFYING CHAUVINISTS. HONESTLY, I FEEL ASADS CHARACTER NEEDS TO GO THROUGH A SWIFT CHANGE ELSE IT WOULD BE UNBEARABLE TO WATCH THE SHOW. CURRENTLY, I AM JUST WATCHING IT FOR ZOYA .
I hope the attitude of the society changes because its disheartening to see a character like Asad with such a regressive attitude been promoted and surprisingly applauded by ppl in the name of him being honorable and overly protective. It's ridiculous. I watch this show for Zoya and right now I am downright disgusted. Asad's character needs to be toned down or I am sure they are going to lose many viewers.
Originally posted by S.Stephy

I agree that Asad was wrong to have been so judgemental about Zoya running away from her wedding. But I guess Asad's biased opinion against Zoya has more to do with Akram being an employee of his and Asad even said that he considers his employees as part of the family. It seems like Asad really trusts Akram a lot and he doesn't seem to be aware of Akram's true nature.
Now I'm not justifying Asad and I know his thinking is regressive at times ... but I'm just trying to look at the other side of the coin... and in this case, more than it being about woman vs man; from Asad's POV it is about a girl he knows for a short while vs a trusted employee he knows for three years; its more of a human nature to get judgemental and side with the one we think we know well...
that is exactly my point...he doesn't know Zoya...he is judgmental on the basis of her physical appearance and from where she is...the way she dresses...her habits . Really? Isn't he an educated man who runs a company? Yes, he is loyal towards his employee but he has no right to judge a person on the basis of his pre notion beliefs and views. This kind of glorification of a regressive character has to be stopped and is highly unacceptable. 

that is exactly my point...he doesn't know Zoya...he is judgmental on the basis of her physical appearance and from where she is...the way she dresses...her habits . Really? Isn't he an educated man who runs a company? Yes, he is loyal towards his employee but he has no right to judge a person on the basis of his pre notion beliefs and views. This kind of glorification of a regressive character has to be stopped and is highly unacceptable. 

I agree... Asad seems to have formed his opinion against Zoya because of where she is from, what she wears, etc. and that is wrong. But are they glorifying this? I'm not sure. They aren't exactly showing Asad's thinking to be right. Till now, they haven't portrayed Zoya running away from the wedding as a wrong thing. And now it seems, Akram will kidnap Zoya and when Asad will come to know of this, he might realize that Akram is the one at fault and not Zoya...

I never said the girl in the Delhi rape case is blamed...I meant that in general...please read the particular article...http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/in-and-around-delhi-cops-blame-rapes-on-w

I am not taking the show seriously...but yes, I am taking the message seriously because that is a wrong notion and message.

Ya the article is absolutely disturbing ! gud work done by NDTV & Tehelka . Its jst so demeaning bt since this is QH forum I dnt wanna go into details regarding my thoughts ...

Now abt QH wat message r u taking seriously !...there's no message ...its only a case of misunderstanding !...Asad hs gone through a lot of hell due to Zoya ...so.. he doesnt 've a very bright picture painted in his mind abt her & can u blame him fr tht ...after all the ruckus Zoya hd created in his life !...on the other hand this guy Akram ...hs been his employee fr the lst 3 yrs  & i guess he hs been behaving quiet well with his employer...so i think Asad  takes him to b a nice descent guy .. whome Zoya had left standing at the alter !  He jst says her to go & clear things up btwn them ...so wats the big deal abt tht ?
Asad's mom did tell Zoya nt to go  & Asad didnt speak up against her ...so I guess  Zoya hd a choice ...she didnt 've to go !  But she wants to prove Asad wrong  ...so she's going there out more by her choice ...nw heroine  falls into trouble  & hero  cums & sees the true face of the villain  & kicks his ass ...& then he will repent fr his mistake ...REPENT thts wat u want rgt ...I think  u ''ll gt  to see tht soonish ! & hope then u r satisfied !
Originally posted by S.Stephy

I agree... Asad seems to have formed his opinion against Zoya because of where she is from, what she wears, etc. and that is wrong. But are they glorifying this? I'm not sure. They aren't exactly showing Asad's thinking to be right. Till now, they haven't portrayed Zoya running away from the wedding as a wrong thing. And now it seems, Akram will kidnap Zoya and when Asad will come to know of this, he might realize that Akram is the one at fault and not Zoya...
yes, Asad will come to know of Akram and might even feel guilty but the production house is going to showcase him as a hero by saving Zoya from the kidnappers. I feel this is a a wrong message which states ... Oh yes, the guy and be all judgmental and insulting as long as he rescues the girl and realizes his mistake. It's as if a guy has the right to defame a woman as long as he marries her. It's not acceptable to me ...the real world is bad enough...we don't need it in and as a source of entertainment.
Originally posted by Abaddon

Ya the article is absolutely disturbing ! gud work done by NDTV & Tehelka . Its jst so demeaning bt since this is QH forum I dnt wanna go into details regarding my thoughts ...

Now abt QH wat message r u taking seriously !...there's no message ...its only a case of misunderstanding !...Asad hs gone through a lot of hell due to Zoya ...so.. he doesnt 've a very bright picture painted in his mind abt her & can u blame him fr tht ...after all the ruckus Zoya hd created in his life !...on the other hand this guy Akram ...hs been his employee fr the lst 3 yrs  & i guess he hs been behaving quiet well with his employer...so i think Asad  takes him to b a nice descent guy .. whome Zoya had left standing at the alter !  He jst says her to go & clear things up btwn them ...so wats the big deal abt tht ?
Asad's mom did tell Zoya nt to go  & Asad didnt speak up against her ...so I guess  Zoya hd a choice ...she didnt 've to go !  But she wants to prove Asad wrong  ...so she's going there out more by her choice ...nw heroine  falls into trouble  & hero  cums & sees the true face of the villain  & kicks his ass ...& then he will repent fr his mistake ...REPENT thts wat u want rgt ...I think  u ''ll gt  to see tht soonish ! & hope then u r satisfied !
the article has left me shocking too...coming back to QH...I want a proper repentance where he admits and realizes that appearances cannot be judged or the person's behavior on his own and not because she will be kidnapped.What I didn't want is what the PH is planning on showing ...which is Asad rescuing Zoya ...it seems the message is he has all the rights to insult her and later repent as long as he rescues her.