Qubool Hai

Why always a woman's character is at fault ?

Rupunzale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Yes, Zoya ran away from her marriage...but was she at fault ? Absolutely not. Every woman has the right to choose her life partner...Zoya has the right too. Her marriage was fixed without her knowledge...did she have a choice? Yes, she should have said No at the beginning but we have to remember that at-least she had the courage to walk away at the last moment. A marriage which is compromised is a disaster.

Today  once again Asad accused Zoya of having no morals and remarked on her character...it was an insult to a woman's character which was developed on mere judgements. This is the new trend in the Indian television to character assassin the woman and then let the man go through a guilt trip. This whole concept is appalling and extremely horrendous.

Why is women always blamed and insulted in the Indian society ? Why are women always viewed as a commodity only waiting to be transferred from home to another ? 

The Delhi rape case has left me numb and it devastates me to think that Indian society still blames the woman even if she is raped...it's always the woman's fault...she must have asked for it or she was dressed inappropriately or she shouldn't be out of the house after 9 pm...what is happening to the society here? The statement should be ( Do not rape) instead of ( Don't get raped).

I had to refer to the above inhumane incident because all these inhumane behavior starts with prejudging the woman and her character. It is always believed that the woman is at fault by some regressive and over radicalized men. 

This kind of behavior needs to stop.

Ms Gul...you need to stop glorifying your male lead Asad's character ...he simply needs to stop insulting and defaming Zoya. This is going way too far and needs to stop. I want to see him repent for all his insulting words to Zoya...I want to see him repent for all the baseless accusations he has showerd upon Zoya. 

You simply cannot show such behavior words a woman and justify it by showing Asad rescuing Zoya when she is kidnapped...really? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sochona thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
relax.we all feel very strongly abt the delhi rape case.most a lot of members on the forum are female after all.but i think you are mixing up two different issues in my opinion.😊
Rupunzale thumbnail
Originally posted by: anoo67

relax.we all feel very strongly abt the delhi rape case.most a lot of members on the forum are female after all.but i think you are mixing up two different issues in my opinion.😊

am I really mixing up two different issues? How is it different ? Sitting here in US I am numb about the Delhi case...barbaric and inhumane. Although I am an American Indian I do know how the majority society feels about women in south Asian societies. I was reading the statements of police officers where majori blames the women and this starts with pre judging and radical way of thinking. 
_BabyBee_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Did we watch the same episode?I think we girls need to stop being feminists and see things from a neutral point of view. Asad never once said that Zoya should have gone through the wedding against her will . He clearly said it time and again that according to him Zoya's fault was running away from the wedding at the last moment, when she could have refused to the match much earlier without causing both the families involved embarrasment . Which is an absolutely fair point.
Rogue... thumbnail
By jove  ! u need to relax ! ...Who told u tht the girl is being blamed fr the Delhi rape case ? ...Whole India is with her ...demanding justice !  &  pls do not compare such a cruel  & horrible reality  with tht of a stupid fiction !   U r taking this shw far too seriously !

twinkle90 thumbnail

I think Asad would have reacted the same way if Zoya was a guy who did not show up at the alter and kept everyone waiting, guessing and feeling humiliated. Would you have reacted the same way then?πŸ˜• Please note that he does not know why she did that yet- that is the problem..it is a drama- things take time to evolve.. so that we viewers get mad.. but still stay hooked to the show..πŸ˜†

It is nothing to do with being a man or an woman- when you give a promise you must keep it if you are honorable- Asad is honorable, we know that for sure. Yes, his ways are back dated, however, he does what he believes without having any double standard⭐️. I never felt that he look down upon women, he is just over protective- that hopefully will change now that he met a girl like Zoya... his outlook will change :) .😊.

Edited by twinkle90 - 11 years ago
Mystic_nights_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Abaddon

By jove  ! u need to relax ! ...Who told u tht the girl is being blamed fr the Delhi rape case ? ...Whole India is with her ...demanding justice !  &  pls do not compare such a cruel  & horrible reality  with tht of a stupid fiction !   U r taking this shw far too seriously !

hey u backk  😊😊😊😊😊😊
Mystic_nights_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i disagree as asad is respectful towards women and even zoya...i think he is just overprotective and that is when i think he goes over board sometimes.
Rogue... thumbnail
Originally posted by: EternalFrission

hey u backk  😊😊😊😊😊😊

'm sorry ? u  knw me !
Rupunzale thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Serendipity_

Did we watch the same episode?I think we girls need to stop being feminists and see things from a neutral point of view. Asad never once said that Zoya should have gone through the wedding against her will . He clearly said it time and again that according to him Zoya's fault was running away from the wedding at the last moment, when she could have refused to the match much earlier without causing both the families involved embarrasment . Which is an absolutely fair point.

why didn't he ask her Why she ran away instead of accusing her? On the contrary I think this world needs more feminists...and just to let you know I have been neutral so far...Asad was insulting today and as a viewer I have the right to voice how I feel.