'Shaitan' aims to raise awareness about crime

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
'Shaitan' aims to raise awareness about crime: Sharad Kelkar

New Delhi: TV actor Sharad Kelkar is all set to host a new crime based show 'Shaitan', which he says will educate people and make them more aware of the reasons behind criminal offences. "The show is based on the reality of criminals and their thought process. It will also educate people and impart knowledge about the working of a criminal minds," Sharad told PTI.

The 36-year-old actor has previously hosted shows including 'Rock-N-Roll Family' and 'Pati Patni Aur Woh'.

When asked why have another crime based show, when there are already programmes like 'Crime Patrol', 'CID' and 'Savdhan India', Sharad said, "The USP of our show is that we have delved into the reason behind people turning into criminals

The TV show is based on the reality of criminals and their thought process. Sharad Kelkar is hosting the show.

and committing hideous crimes."

"There is definitely a competition but it is not just that. Our show is not just about solving the crime, it is much more than that."

Sharad rose to fame with 'Saat Phere' in 2005. Earlier this year he replaced actor Mohnish Behl as Dr Ashutosh in the popular daily soap 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge'. Despite that, the show's popularity wasn't affected.

"I never felt like I was replacing someone. For me it was a new show and I was very excited about it. I respect Mohnish as an actor, I have grown up watching him. But I never tried to copy him and I brought my own touch to the character. And the result is in front of your eyes. The audience loves it, we have a good slot. What else could I have asked for?" he said.

The actor was recently seen on the big screen in '1920: Evil Returns' in which he played the role of an evil spirit.

When asked if he is open to acting in films, Sharad said, "I am open to acting, be it in films, TV, or anchoring. I am very keen about everything. I have a few films in hand but it is too early to talk about them," he said.

'Shaitan - A Criminal Mind' will premiere on Colors on December 1.