Members Lounge

India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 478)

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
giving human rights to non humans is not wise, that beast surely desreved death.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25

Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

In the West, women have mace sprays that they carry in their handbags, which if sprayed on someone's eyes can temporarily blind him - long enough for the woman to escape.  Aren't those available in India?  They should start providing those and promoting the brands, so that rapists very quickly learn that trying to rape anybody has a high price tag on it to them - in terms of both health or even life.

Knives sound a little too savage - I'd prefer that India too has a 2nd Amendment like the US, where the right of law-abiding citizens to carry guns is protected by law.  If you have an armed populace, you won't see so many crimes happening, since everybody has self defense.

The same guns can increase violence, women will start getting raped at gunpoint.

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 01 September 2013 at 2:10pm
undisclosed IF-Addictz
undisclosed
undisclosed

ambarsariya Senior Member
ambarsariya
ambarsariya

Posted: 07 September 2013 at 8:36am | IP Logged
This is something...very serious...nd the way above post is made...its posters shud b hanged der all over in Delhi...Sometyms i feel ashamed of being an Indian..Thumbs Down...Though I m commenting on this almost after 8 months of the incidence...bt it means a lot to me till nw...Broken Heart

riyar

chucknorris IF-Dazzler
chucknorris
chucknorris

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Some one mentioned 2nd amendment
Trust me you don't want something like that in India right now because that would mean the rapists, criminals can also get guns.  Proliferating arms among common populace in a place which is rife with terrorism and armed rebellions is going to be a disaster.

Indian culture is VERY messed up. You have to start from there and at the same time there needs to be some executions so that it puts fear into the hearts of rapists.The worst part is that our media (Tv, movies) usually promote this kind of misogynistic attitude towards women. Just look at the portrayal of women in most tv serials. And Item Songs, wearing small clothes etc doesn't equate to female liberation either. Sadly, this seems to be the understanding of many urban middle class Indians who believe that blinding copying western pop culture will make them liberated. They haven't caught on to the good parts of western culture like hard work and male-female equality though. Only the worst aspects like objectifying women and reality show crap are adopted.

Edited by silverbug - 09 September 2013 at 9:04am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ambarsariyaAutumn_Rose

chucknorris IF-Dazzler
chucknorris
chucknorris

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 9:03am | IP Logged
The cops in India look like buffons and cholesterol patients. Why would anyone take these people who carry a danda or a vintage rifle in 2013 seriously ? Even a 20 something Ajmal Kasab with few days training can chop them like carrots. Cops in America actually put fear in your heart with their personalities.
Fire all these people and start from scratch. They need to have very strict requirements for who can become a cop. 

Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 9:09am | IP Logged
They should be burned alive infront of everyone..
Harsh but.. it would instill fear among other closeted perverts.

The solution should be in accordance with our culture. We cannot compare ourselves with them.. Blindly aping the west will just add on to our troubles. 

What we need is attitudinal restructuring of the Indian Society... Home, schools.. promote more awareness among people.. 

A society where women are not respected will never prosper.

chucknorris IF-Dazzler
chucknorris
chucknorris

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Somewhere along the line it is also the failure of religion as well.
When you have spiritual gurus like Asaram Bapu  making dumb comments then what can be said.

Unfortunately 99% of these gurus have no formal training or real world experiences at all. How can people like that guide anyone ? There are 15-20 year old girls on Aastha channel with nothing on their resume except reading a few interpretations of Gita blithering some nonsense in front of audience where most people are senior citizens. It's just a scheme for making money. Very sad state.

Autumn_Rose

Go to top