Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 443)

Post Reply New Post

Page 443 of 490

dancydreamer

Groupbie

dancydreamer

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 10:01am | IP Logged

News Source: Times of Assam http://bit.ly/FOC354

While the country is undergoing an awakening of public consciousness regarding rights, safety and oppression of women, we would like to draw attention to a few human rights violation by men in uniform in NorthEast where RAPE is used as a tool of suppression or domination:

(1) 13 years old Rumi Konwar, then student of class 8 of Changnai village, Sibsagar, Assam was raped in front of her father Prafulla Konwar and mother (both were tied and blind folded) on January 30, 1991. No justice was given.

(2) 13 years old Putala Bora, from Digboi was raped by two Army Men of the Punjab Regiment in her house (Case No. 2/91 under S. 376/34 IPC).

(3) 16 years old Lakhi Gogoi, 20 year old Niru Gogoi, 15 year old Meena Gogoi, 16 year old Jamuna Gogoi and 14 year old Punya Gogoi from Lakhipathar, Tinsukia were gang raped, stripped and paraded in public. Later it was found that ten more girls from the village were raped by Army men. Two girls became pregnant later on.

(4) 16 years old Anonla and 17 years old Sunsunla from Arunachal Pradesh, who had come to Assam for medical treatment, were picked up by Indian Army and blindfolded, beaten, kicked with boots, denied food and gave electric shocks for more than two weeks. Anonla later became partially blind.

(5) 14 years old Bhanimai Dutta who was gang raped by Indian Army on October 16, 1991, at No. 2 Khowdang village near Naoboisha area in Lakhimpur District had died due to her injuries. But her family never got any justice till date for their daughter.

(6) 20 years old Raju Barua, at Gohpur in Sonitpur District, who was gang raped by seven army men and killed. Her family stills weeps at injustice.

(7) 16 Year old Nilima Boro and 14 year old Fouduro Boro who were raped by Army on 18th May, 1992 at Satgiri, Khairahari village under Tangla police station of Darrang district.

(8) 28 year old housewife Undibala Roy of Lubdungguri, Bijni in Bongaigaon was raped by Army men on 22nd October, 1991 (Registered case at Bijni Police station Case No. 89191- uls 376).

(9) The case of Manoroma Devi of Manipur, who was raped and killed by Army Men was protested severely by the women of Manipur (the nude protest with slogans Indian Army rape us).

All of the above are just a few of the thousands and thousands of examples and real people that lives all across NorthEast. We would also like to draw attention to a few innocents killed by Indian Army and the victims are denied justice as the murderers are provided impunity under draconian law AFSPA:

(I) 62-year old woman, Leisangbam Ibetomi, 18-year old Sinam Chandramani and 8 others were killed on 2nd November, 2002 by Indian Armed forces when they were waiting at a bus stop. This had led Irom Sharmila to begin her decade long fast to repel the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act. Yet neither the Army nor the Indian State Machine ever apologized for provided justice to the case. Irom Sharmila continues her hunger strike as Indian Army Officers, our savior and defenders wine and dine every day in their camps, probably mocking the attempts of a mere North Eastern woman to fight against the great Indian Army all by herself!

(II) 6 year old child Debajit Moran was gunned down by Indian Army in 2005 at Dibrugarh. Did any senior official (forget the head of Army) visit the family of the child to seek an apology? Our media and everyone in the society are blind. Why does no one even remember innocent Debojit Moran? Are deaths by Indian Army allowed to go without a criticism because they are defending us from Pakistan?

(III) Young Jatin Gohain, 21 years and student of first year from Dhemaji Town worked as a driver to support his own education and poor family. He was picked by the army and several days later, his father found his innocent son's dead body at Dhemaji police station with his private parts and legs swollen, his skin roughened and face was swathed in blood. Doctors from Civil Hospital denied giving a post mortem report! Do people of Dhemaji remember this?

(IV) Rising musician and Professor of Sibsagar College, Dr Suresh Phukan was picked up by the Indian army and brutally tortured just because he had sung a song called "Udito Suruj" in 1988! Unidentified chemical was poured into his ears, electric shocks were administered to various private parts of his body and Indian soldiers jumped on his body. Finally he had died on March 13, 1991 succumbing to his injuries and mental shock. Today nobody remembers him.

(V) Young Sarat Sonowal, teacher in Bhadoi Panchali Higher Secondary School at Naharkatia, Dibrugarh was alleged to be picked up by Indian Army on November 30, 1991 and after 9 days of missing and tears to his dependent poor family, his body was asked to be picked up to his family. His entire body was cut into pieces. No post-mortem report or death certificate was issued by the police.

(VI) 80 year old Uma Rajkhowa, Freedom Fighter of India was repeatedly abused and tortured by Army men because he was the father of Arabinda Rajkhowa. He had filed cases against this but to no use.

And loads are there where Men in uniform had committed those kind of heinous crimes against NorthEast people in different states using AFSPA as a discrimination tool. Its uncountable...

News Source: Times of Assam http://bit.ly/FOC354

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

i5hypallavi25Fair-n-luvly

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 443)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.x-bumblebee-x.

IF-Sizzlerz

.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 10:01am | IP Logged

'I thought she might get better and live': Jyoti's father tells British TV of her heart-breaking final days

• Badri Singh knew his daughter Jyoti was in a 'bad state' after she was gang-raped
  • But he thought that she would recover when she was placed on a ventilator
  • He called for new Indian rape laws in his 23-year-old daughter's name
  • Her companion Awindra Pandey has also spoken out about the attack
  • Three of the men charged with the attack 'are to plead not guilty'

By Steve Nolan

PUBLISHED: 11:34, 9 January 2013 | UPDATED: 14:14, 9 January 2013

The father of the young Indian woman who died after being gang-raped on a bus has described her desperate battle for life - and his futile hope that she would live.

Badri Singh said that although he knew that his daughter Jyoti Singh was 'in a bad state' after she was attacked by six men in Delhi last month, he still believed she might recover after she was taken to hospital in Singapore.

But the 23-year-old physiotherapy student was to die after sustaining horrific injuries during the assault.

Speaking to ITV1's Daybreak, Mr Singh said: 'When we went to Singapore she was not conscious but she had tears in her eyes. Then I realised she was in a really bad state.

Scroll down for video

Heartbreak: Badri Singh, father of Jyoti Singh who was gang-raped and murdered in Indian, has said that he had been hopeful that his daughter would make a full recovery from her horrific injuries

Heartbreak: Badri Singh, father of Jyoti Singh who was gang-raped and murdered in Indian, has said that he had been hopeful that his daughter would make a full recovery from her horrific injuries

Outspoken: Mr Singh spoke to ITV1's Daybreak show in India this morning. He said that he hopes his daughter's death will 'awaken' the country

Outspoken: Mr Singh spoke to ITV1's Daybreak show in India this morning. He said that he hopes his daughter's death will 'awaken' the country

'I couldn't think what to do at that time, I was like a bird without wings, I was neither here nor there.

'So when I thought she might get better, I used to get filled with some hope. When I was told that she might not get well and might have to have an operation I felt uncomfortable.

'It was difficult for me, but when she was put on a ventilator it gave me some hope that she would get better. I thought she might get better and she would live."

Mr Singh said that his daughter's death 13 days after the horrific attack has 'brought an awakening' to Indian society and called for his country to no longer turn a blind eye to attacks on women.

He added that he would like to see a new law or a hospital named after his daughter.

Describing his daughter, Mr Singh said: 'When she was born my aunties and uncles always used to carry her around, those were really lovely days.

'Right from the start her ambition was to be a doctor. Her main aim was that our family wouldn't have to suffer any more, she wanted to put the difficult life behind us, wipe out our poverty.

'She also wanted to make sure I didn't have to keep working hard late in life.'

Miss Singh was attacked on an illegal bus in Delhi on December 16 and her and a male friend were left for dead on the road.

She eventually died in a hospital in Singapore after having 90 per cent of her intestines removed.

Her death sparked anger across India.

Heavy security: The suspects accused of the gang rape and murder of Jyoti Singh Pandey arrive at Saket District Court in New Delhi for a preliminary hearing

Heavy security: The suspects accused of the gang rape and murder of Jyoti Singh arrive at Saket District Court in New Delhi for a preliminary hearing on Monday

Protest: Jyoti Singh's death sparked outrage in India with many taking to the New Delhi streets to demand better protection for women

Protest: Jyoti Singh's death sparked outrage in India with many taking to the New Delhi streets to demand better protection for women

Anger: Protestors had given the victim the name Damini after a Bollywood film of the same name where the protagonist fought for justice after a rape ordeal. She was identified when her father decided to break his silence and speak out

Anger: Protestors had given the victim the name Damini after a Bollywood film of the same name where the protagonist fought for justice after a rape ordeal. She was identified when her father decided to break his silence and speak out

Outrage: Protestors hold candles in New Delhi last month as they took to the streets in anger following the 23-year-old students gang-rape and murder

Outrage: Protestors hold candles in New Delhi last month as they took to the streets in anger following the 23-year-old students gang-rape and murder

Lawyers said yesterday that three of the men accused of raping and murdering the 23-year-old student are to plead not guilty.

OUTRAGE AND PROTESTS: HOW THE INDIA RAPE CASE HAS UNFOLDED

• December 16 - Jyoti Singh is gang-raped and attacked on a bus in Delhi
  • December 18 - Angry protestors begin to take to the streets to call for a government crackdown on rape. Protests last for days
  • December 19 - Three of the men accused of raping Miss Singh - Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Mukesh Singh - appear in court for the first time
  • December 22 - 72 people are hurt as protestors clash with police in Delhi
  • December 23 - Indian Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinate orders a review of rape laws
  • December 23 - Three of the accused appear at court with an angry mob calling for the death penalty outside
  • December 25 - A policeman allegedly trampled during anti-rape protests dies. Eight people are charged with his murder
  • December 27 - Jyoti Singh is flown to Singapore for treatment as her condition worsens
  • December 29 - Miss Singh dies after suffering a heart attack and organ failure
  • January 4 - The attack's other victim Awindra Pandey claims that police took two hours to take him and Jyoti to hospital following the attack
  • January 7 - 150 people attempt to cram into a courtroom as all five of the accused appear to face charges for the first time
  • January 8 - Guru Asaram Bapu sparks outrage by claiming that the victim was as much to blame as the attackers for not being more friendly to them

Manohar Lal Sharma, who is representing Mukesh Singh, Ashkay Thakur and Ram Singh, told the Guardian that his clients will deny the charges because 'nothing has been proven.'

All five men accused of the crime will appear at a closed court next week with the case expected to be fast-tracked to trial.

Mr Sharma said that he would contest Indian police's handling of evidence after prosecutors claimed to have forensic evidence which links the men to the attack.

A 17-year-old who is also accused of Miss Singh's rape and murder will appear at a youth court separately.

Meanwhile, the victim's companion on the night of the attack, 28-year-old software engineer Awindra Pandey, has spoken out about the terrible ordeal and Miss Singh's horrific injuries.

He told The Times that his efforts to flag down help from passing motorists after the pair had been dumped in the road were ignored for 20 minutes.

Mr Pandey said that police were reluctant to help his friend despite her injuries.

'She was asking for water and complaining of pain in her stomach,' he said.

'She was bleeding heavily. They (the police) asked me to put her in the van.'

He said that the pair, who were not dating, had been to a cinema in the city to see Life of Pi but were unable to persuade a rickshaw driver to take them all the way back to the Dwarka suburb where Miss Singh lived with her parents.

They were dropped halfway home, when a phone call from her mother asking her to hurry home prompted them to board an illegal bus with blacked out windows.

Mr Pandey confronted other passengers when they began insulting the pair but they soon produced iron rods, he said.

He said that he was beaten and fell to the floor of the bus.

After up to 20 minutes, the gang believed Jyoti to have died and dumped the pair in the ro

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2259515/Delhi-gang-rape-Jyoti-Singh-Pandeys-father-speaks-false-hope-daughter-fully-recover.html#ixzz2HUxpkiwB

VIDEO INTERVIEW of Jyoti's father .. !

Zaya4everkiran_ratifaria86

.x-bumblebee-x.

IF-Sizzlerz

.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 10:04am | IP Logged
I'm Soo Angry ..

THREE of those Rapists are Pleading NOT GUILTY .. they say nothing has been Proven .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME ..?!?!

I WANT THESE GUYS TO SUFFER SOO MUCH .. I actually want to beat them up .. !! :@ :@ ..

I HATE that in this WORLD we have Messed up Sick F***ers like them Angry

AR_ArShiAkaiShuichiGirlFair-n-luvly

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by silverbug

Originally posted by Xarina

As much as I despise asaram's comments and the perpetrators. I'm noticing that more and more people are advocating sick fantasies/fetishes as a punishment. What does it say about us then ? Haven't we fallen down to the same level. I advocate death penalty for the perpetrators but that's about it, I don't want to get into any of the sick torture and all that hollywoodized crap.

I still say that the death penalty is not the answer but they do need hard labour so that they are reminded of their crimes everyday.  However I see that they have two lawyers, without any principles, representing three of them and the three will be pleading not guilty to all charges. Angry Unbelievable. 

I support death penalty only because they are a threat to the society. What if they escape prison ? There is a good likelihood of that given how lazy indian police is. Also why should the tax dollars support useless criminals like this ? This is what they did with Kasab, feeding him biryani and meat everyday.
I don't support the death penalty for the simple reason that it is an easy cop out for them.  It may be barbaric to make someone feel pain but it wasn't any less than what they did.  People will talk about their human rights but I would argue that where were Amanat's human rights on that fateful night.  But rather than lock them up and use taxpayers' money to feed them they should do something major and give back to society.  Whether it is working in a chain gang to build adequate roads from villages to cities, laying down sewer pipes, anything to bring about a better life for others.  And any  payment they would receive via the prison service for this 'work' would be apportioned to the family of the victim first of all and a meagre amount would be taken for their keep.  Other than that I still advocate handing them over to the medical labs in the name of science so that they can be experimented on. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-bharti-Fair-n-luvly

i5hy

IF-Dazzler

i5hy

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 10:20am | IP Logged
After all the hype and so called fast tracked courts and so much evidence against these barbarians, still the indian justice system is talking of a fair trial?The monstors are pleading not guilty, lawyers humanity rose and decided to represent them and the police is unable to figure out the age of one monstor all because of the law.. Wonder where the law was when she got brutally beaten up... where the humanity of the people were wen she was asking for help bleeding on the road...
Grateful for sony ppl to televise the event so dat its alive in our hearts and make us hope dat for ONCE in INDIA a rape victim will get JUSTICE.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

AkaiShuichiGirlmyshaAsh95-bharti-pallavi25Fair-n-luvlyfaria86

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xarina

As much as I despise asaram's comments and the perpetrators. I'm noticing that more and more people are advocating sick fantasies/fetishes as a punishment. What does it say about us then ? Haven't we fallen down to the same level. I advocate death penalty for the perpetrators but that's about it, I don't want to get into any of the sick torture and all that hollywoodized crap.

I still say that the death penalty is not the answer but they do need hard labour so that they are reminded of their crimes everyday.  However I see that they have two lawyers, without any principles, representing three of them and the three will be pleading not guilty to all charges. Angry Unbelievable. 

If they didnt get legal representation, later on these criminals can appeal to higher courts after being convicted, saying they didnt get proper trial...thats how the legal system works. Then the conviction would be overturned and the whole process will start again and these beasts will live for more years and manage to postpone punishment.

So let the lawyers argue for them...the evidence against them is too strong. The victim herself gave 2 statements about what was done to her by these beasts, medical reports are all there as proof, the victim's friend was an eye witness and he identified these criminals in a line-up, blood stains were found in the bus and the driver's clothes...this should be an open and shut case! 

But just in case, Indian justice system screws this up and those beasts get lighter punishment...I appeal to my Indian sisters and brothers to be ready for them when they get out...kill them in the way Jyoti wanted them to be killed...BURN THEM TO DEATH! 

The minor will get lighter punishment, maybe 3 years in a juvenile prison...so be ready for him too when he gets out!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dancydreamersweetniralisanat11silverbugXarinaFair-n-luvly

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Even animals don't do that to humans the way these beasts treated her,they should be killed mercilessly just the way they killed her, beasts, may her soul rest in peace :(

Edited by pretty_kuri - 10 January 2013 at 3:42am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

i5hyChandani_C

Zaya4ever

IF-Dazzler

Zaya4ever

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .._sonii_..

I'm Soo Angry ..

THREE of those Rapists are Pleading NOT GUILTY .. they say nothing has been Proven .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME ..?!?!

I WANT THESE GUYS TO SUFFER SOO MUCH .. I actually want to beat them up .. !! :@ :@ ..

I HATE that in this WORLD we have Messed up Sick F***ers like them Angry
UTTER STUPIDITY  AngryAngryif judges listen them little bit... they should be rejected right away... what the heck...Angryhow come even lawyer can  suggest or listen to them about pleading not guilty...Angry

i5hykiran_ratiFair-n-luvly

Post Reply New Post

Go to top