Members Lounge

India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 442)

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xarina

Originally posted by silverbug

As much as I despise asaram's comments and the perpetrators. I'm noticing that more and more people are advocating sick fantasies/fetishes as a punishment. What does it say about us then ? Haven't we fallen down to the same level. I advocate death penalty for the perpetrators but that's about it, I don't want to get into any of the sick torture and all that hollywoodized crap.

I still say that the death penalty is not the answer but they do need hard labour so that they are reminded of their crimes everyday.  However I see that they have two lawyers, without any principles, representing three of them and the three will be pleading not guilty to all charges. Angry Unbelievable. 

If they didnt get legal representation, later on these criminals can appeal to higher courts after being convicted, saying they didnt get proper trial...thats how the legal system works. Then the conviction would be overturned and the whole process will start again and these beasts will live for more years and manage to postpone punishment.

So let the lawyers argue for them...the evidence against them is too strong. The victim herself gave 2 statements about what was done to her by these beasts, medical reports are all there as proof, the victim's friend was an eye witness and he identified these criminals in a line-up, blood stains were found in the bus and the driver's clothes...this should be an open and shut case! 

But just in case, Indian justice system screws this up and those beasts get lighter punishment...I appeal to my Indian sisters and brothers to be ready for them when they get out...kill them in the way Jyoti wanted them to be killed...BURN THEM TO DEATH! 

The minor will get lighter punishment, maybe 3 years in a juvenile prison...so be ready for him too when he gets out!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dancydreamersweetniralisanat11chucknorrisXarinaLost-angel

Lost-angel IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 11:43am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

i5hyChandani_C

AnuPurva IF-Dazzler
AnuPurva
AnuPurva

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .._sonii_..

I'm Soo Angry ..

THREE of those Rapists are Pleading NOT GUILTY .. they say nothing has been Proven .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME ..?!?!

I WANT THESE GUYS TO SUFFER SOO MUCH .. I actually want to beat them up .. !! :@ :@ ..

I HATE that in this WORLD we have Messed up Sick F***ers like them Angry
UTTER STUPIDITY  AngryAngryif judges listen them little bit... they should be rejected right away... what the heck...Angryhow come even lawyer can  suggest or listen to them about pleading not guilty...Angry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

i5hykiran_ratiLost-angel

pacsun Goldie
pacsun
pacsun

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
As an American woman, watching this entire story unfold from across the world, I find it hard to keep my mind from constantly reacting to it. There's a deep wound inside me as a woman to hear this monstrous story and many more that I have read since then regarding gang rapes.
I can only imagine how Indian women and girls must be feeling right now. All the chauvanistic Politician's, Guru's, Lawyers etc who are blaming the victim have blood on their hands today. What's happening now in the aftermath, is equally barbaric and intolarable. Its unimaginable how these people, some even women, can come out and condone what happened ?? I can truly feel the pain and frustration of all those women living through similar aggressions, eve teasings, molestations and harassements every single day - in homes, schools, in public trasportation and  workplaces.

I feel complete solidarity with all the women of all ages in India for their fight. It feels good to see their continued protest and passion for change. I admire them immensly for having the guts and courage and conviction to fight the hard battle. I hope and pray, that vicotry is theirs.

RIP - Jyoti Singh - You have started a fire...now let it burn out the evil.

Edited by pacsun - 09 January 2013 at 5:05pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

dancydreamer-Nehaaa-sweetniraliCrazy_beeRehanismkiran_ratii5hydesi_baby07zan101anitarani_Monster_pallavi25

_Monster_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Monster_
_Monster_

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Allah unki rooh to Jannat de.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

i5hyChandani_CLost-angel

-bharti- IF-Rockerz
-bharti-
-bharti-

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 12:24am | IP Logged

is Delhi actually that dangerous?

Conventional wisdom holds that Delhi is a riddled with crime. Our neighbors and coworkers assured us that Delhi was a haven of danger. Criminals lurked around every corner, they declared; we were taking our life into our hands every time we rode in an auto, walked through the Old City, or generally left our house after sundown.

But after eighteen months in the city, during which our only brush with crime was four scary six-year-olds, our question is this: why isn't there more crime in Delhi?

The demographics and economics of Delhi suggest that the city should be a warzone. The city skews young and male: 55% of Delhi is male, as compared to 52% across India and a global average of slightly more than 50%; and over 53% of the city is under the age of 25, compared to about 33% in New York City. Poor young males in America turn to sex and violence to vent their energy and aggression, but Delhi is such a conservative culture that it's very hard for young men to engage in the former. The city's economic gulf is incredibly wide and incredibly visible, like Ferraris-driving-past-pavement-dwellers visible. And the hardships of the city ' heat, cold, traffic, pollution, water shortages, high population density, insults and indignities ' are overwhelming even to people who can afford to overcome them.

Most cities would be torn apart by these social forces. But not Delhi.

The statistics reflect our observations. We don't argue with reports that show Delhi to be India's "crime capital". But while Delhi may be dangerous by Indian standards, it's positively tranquil as compared to American cities. The Delhi region had 495 murders in 2007, or 2.95 murders for every 100,000 people by the National Crime Records Bureau's population estimates. In that same year, however, New York City had 5.94 murders per 100,000 people ' and that was a year that New York City was named the safest big city in the United States. There's a similar story for rape in 2007: 3.57 per 100,000 in New Delhi, 10.48 per 100,000 in New York.

It's fair to assume that a lot of crime goes unreported in Delhi. But it's hard to imagine that three murders for every 100,000 people go unreported, or seven rapes for every 100,000 people. Which means, from our limited and admittedly amateur statistical analysis, that while Delhi has all of the demographics to make it a warzone, it has none of the actual crime.

It's clear even from the newspapers that Delhi's day-to-day dangers are nowhere near the level of even the safest American cities.The papers report every crime as if it heralds the end of days, but the fact that simple robberies make the news as often as they do suggests that bigger crimes are not occurring at a comparable rate. "Rs 1 lakh stolen from Punjab trader on bus," shouts one headline for a seven-paragraph article ' a petty crime that, while unfortunate for the victim, wouldn't garner even a sentence in an American paper because so many bigger crimes would elbow it out of the way.

We just can't understand why Delhi's so safe. Not only do we not understand why angry young men haven't taken full control of the city, we can't even understand what keeps the grizzled old parking attendants from stealing the cars to which they're entrusted. In places like Defense Colony Market, rich businessmen routinely hand the keys to their million-rupee cars to a parking attendant with the accompanying promise of a ten-rupee tip. How could these poor men, when faced with such a quick ticket to easy street, not take advantage of it?

Never mind what Delhi's apocalyptic news media says. The real question is this: what's keeping a city of poor, jealous, sexually-frustrated young men from unleashing their aggressions and turning Delhi into Gotham City

----------------*****------------

I am in no way saying that Delhi is totally safe, far from it.  But its always good to keep things in perspective and be aware of global trends and tracks.  Our police is corrupt, poorly trained, lack the sting of the best police, politically controlled and poorly paid.  Despite all this if there is sanity and the city is not run over by crimes n criminals then it is HATS OFF to the people who are stil  humane and hold certain ideals and principles towards fellow citizens..   

But nothing should take away from the fight against the cause of women's dignity and safety as its paramount.  Lets endeavour to fight till finish when our women feel safe to carry on with life normally not worrying about what time or what dress she is wearing. 
Kudos to all those men women who bore the brunt of the cops, remote controlled by those ill informed beurocrats n politicians.  Continue to protest, raise voice and create awarenes of any injustice around us.  We all are responsible for our own safety. 

Edited by -bharti- - 10 January 2013 at 12:36am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kiran_rati

-bharti- IF-Rockerz
-bharti-
-bharti-

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 12:48am | IP Logged
Delhi police has finally upon bein rapped on the knuckles by the COURTS  have come down from their high ground to admit lapses on their part.  But that is not enuf.  We want heads roll from top to down.  Its not sufficient if 5 constables removed.  But the police let the bus run in delhi without permit and with tinted glasses.  All rules were flouted and why the police are not punished for their laxity????

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NandzLuvkiran_rati

kiran_rati IF-Rockerz
kiran_rati
kiran_rati

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 5:43am | IP Logged
india never change
ashamed to be an indian
no justice hereDead

Edited by kiran_rati - 10 January 2013 at 5:40am

Go to top