Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 439)

Post Reply New Post

Page 439 of 490

-bharti-

IF-Rockerz

-bharti-

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Yes we should be ashamed as a nation for the degeneration overall.  The delhi case has ripped apart our notion of shining India, a rapidly progressing India and a nation which aspires to be a major player in the world centerstage.  SHAME!!!
Our police had the audacity of arresting women who posted two simple sentences on facebook and was arrested and traumatised when a hatemonger at hyderabad is blatantly inciting people to wage war against India and he's been accompanied by the police to his home safely.  Decide yourself where we are heading as a nation?  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NandzLuv..N3rDyM0R0N..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 439)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..nikki_vijay..

IF-Dazzler

..nikki_vijay..

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 10:20am | IP Logged

Two rape accused eye approver route for escape

Police reject offer, say they have strong case

Two accused in the Delhi gang-rape case on Sunday told a court here that they wished to become prosecution witnesses while two others pleaded for legal aid to help in their defence. But the police said they were not taking the offer to turn approver seriously as they have doubts about the reliability of the accused.

Four of the accused were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler in her chamber after expiry of their 14 days of judicial custody. Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma refused the services of legal aid counsel and expressed their willingness to become witnesses. The two other accused, Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, have asked for legal aid counsel.

The magistrate extended the judicial remand of all four till January 19. The magistrate said in open court: "All the accused persons were informed that they can seek legal aid in the case if they have not engaged any counsel. Accused Pawan and Vinay have refused to take service of the legal aid counsel and have submitted that they want to become witnesses on behalf of the State."Prosecutors are known to accept pleas of the accused to turn approver and seek pardon for them when their testimony helps to bolster the prosecution in a case where the crime is not heinous and the role of the accused in the offence is relatively minor.

Reacting to the two accused expressing willingness to turn approver, a senior police officer said: "Even if they turn approver, it does not change our position right now, nor would it affect the outcome of the case vis--vis their culpability. They will be awarded commensurate punishment if held guilty along with others. It is during the proceedings before the court concerned that their applications would come up for hearing," the officer said, adding the police had prepared a watertight case on the basis of scientific evidence and witness statements.

Police say father didn't consent to reveal name

Amid reports that the father of the 23-year-old physiotherapy student, who succumbed to her injuries after she was gang-raped on December 16, wishes the world to know his daughter's name, he is learnt to have denied having given any such consent. "He has categorically denied that he had given his approval to make his daughter's name public," said a senior police officer.

Edited by ..nikki_vijay.. - 07 January 2013 at 10:17am

silverbug

IF-Dazzler

silverbug

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -bharti-

Yes we should be ashamed as a nation for the degeneration overall.  The delhi case has ripped apart our notion of shining India, a rapidly progressing India and a nation which aspires to be a major player in the world centerstage.  SHAME!!!
Our police had the audacity of arresting women who posted two simple sentences on facebook and was arrested and traumatised when a hatemonger at hyderabad is blatantly inciting people to wage war against India and he's been accompanied by the police to his home safely.  Decide yourself where we are heading as a nation?  

Personally, I never had a notion that there was such a thing as shinning India. I mean what is really 'shining' unless you live in some gated community and work in an IT park in Bangalore or you are some rich landlord in Punjab. We have the highest rates of poverty, one of the lowest HDI in the world, highest rates of AIDS etc. At a time when communist revolutions are unheard of, more than 1/3 of our country is engulfed in Naxalism. A few years ago I read that we had the 2nd highest incidents of terror attacks after Iraq. And all this IT progresss that we like to brag so much about was nothing but a phase. Most of that work is now going elsewhere because westerners have understood that Indians lie about their qualifications all the time.

There really is little hope for the country, and a big part of the problem actually lies with the immorality of Indian people themselves. Even though Indians think they have some moral high ground vs westerners  but we are lacking even in basic morality. We lie, we cheat, we steal all the time. When I was in grad school, all  Indian students were cheating on their homework and exams. I didn't and I had the lowest grade in the lot. I used to see that the other American students and those of other nationalities (Chinese, Korean etc) looking at Indian students ( talking, passing chits in the exam ) with absolute shock and horror. Even in office settings and social life, an Indian will always screw his own people.

About the hate monger in Hyderabad, honestly what really scared me more than him was the cheerful reaction of the crowds. The country is clearly descending into civil war and chaos. It's only a matter of time and I think the whole situation is unsalvagable sadly. Leave if you can. That's what I have done, and even if I don't get to settle here in states, I will go somewhere else but I'm not going back. Those who think they can fight and change things, good luck to you. I tried and failed miserably and have zero strength to do anything anymore.

Edited by silverbug - 07 January 2013 at 1:15pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lizmanDeepShadowstonexMonyPdivyadaya13Birdiee

riyya6

IF-Stunnerz

riyya6

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
sometimes i wish real life is just like what is shown in movies.. heroin dies... hero goes n takes revenge... to be frank to follow the law it takes time n to change a law it takes long procedures... this is the fact... im not saying one should not follow but through this case i feel very bad... the victim suffered n died while the rapist are still not given any punishment. something urgent n harsh needs to be done. Ouch even more sad articles coming out, by cretain quarters... oh gosh... how could people be without humanity... saying victim should have surrendered, saying victim should have called the rapist brother..Angry how on earth people come with these ideas Ouch

Edited by riyya6 - 07 January 2013 at 5:34pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spate22riti4u

adventure_gurl

IF-Sizzlerz

adventure_gurl

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by riyya6

sometimes i wish real life is just like what is shown in movies.. heroin dies... hero goes n takes revenge... to be frank to follow the law it takes time n to change a law it takes long procedures... this is the fact... im not saying one should not follow but through this case i feel very bad... the victim suffered n died while the rapist are still not given any punishment. something urgent n harsh needs to be done. Ouch even more sad articles coming out, by cretain quarters... oh gosh... how could people be without humanity... saying victim should have surrendered, saying victim should have called the rapist brother..Angry how on earth people come with these ideas Ouch

I am disgusted with those who blamed the victim, it's wrong to blame her when she  suffered so much, people are bimbos and so cold hearted until it hits them close to home.Angry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spate22anitaraniriti4u

spate22

IF-Rockerz

spate22

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
I heard from the news about some speaker who said that it was the girl's fault and that she should have begged them and chanted to save herself!! What the...?!! Angry Even some woman was defending him saying the girl shouldn't have entered the bus at night!! All in the name of God!! Whatever!! Angry God, if he wasn't an old man, I would've slapped upside his head for that stupid and insensitive comment!! And that woman who had the audacity to blame the girl and defend him!! What idiocy!! Angry It was planned by those men, so how is it her fault??!! Angry Like if she begged, they would really let her go easily??!! My God!! Angry And why should a woman beg infront of men anyway!! She didn't do anything!! No wonder India is still backwards in their thinking!! And rapes still occur!! Angry Sorry, I had to get this out!! Angry

Shreya

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

deebasdahaanfanNandzLuvMehar23anitaraniriti4u.-Nikki-.

ArhiSarunholic

ArhiSarunholic

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
R.I.P may she get justice 

kiran_rati

IF-Rockerz

kiran_rati

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
another gang rape at odissa
i just saw the news
3 persons raped 16 years girl when she is coming back from work
they kidnapped her, after giving sleeping pills forcelly they raped that girl.
she tried to commit suicide.  she is hospitalised wid 80% burns
she is now in vizag care hospital very critical
she has only one grand mother no parents

Post Reply New Post

Go to top