Members Lounge

India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 439)

wind453 IF-Sizzlerz
wind453
wind453

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 3:25am | IP Logged

Chhattisgarh home minister blames 'stars' for crime against women

PTI | Jan 8, 2013, 01.38 PM IST

RAIPUR: Facing flak for the Kanker rape case, Chhattisgarh home minister Nanki Ram Kanwar has landed himself in a spot by saying that crimes against women were happening as their stars were in adverse positions, a remark termed as childish and vulgar by the state Congress.

"We have no answer to this rising spate of crimes against women. Stars are not in position," Kanwar told reporters in Raipur.

"Harm can come on a person if the stars are in adverse positions...We have no answer to this, only an astrologer can predict," the state home minister said.

Kanwar's remarks on Monday came after opposition Congress in Chhattisgarh demanded dismissal of the BJP government over the issue of the alleged rape on minor inmates of a government-run residential school for tribal girls in Kanker district, which came to light following a complaint on Saturday.

Asked about the home minister's remarks, chief minister Raman Singh today quipped, "Now, what do I say on this."

State Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel called Kanwar's comments as childish and vulgar.

A delegation of Congress leaders, led by Patel, had on Monday met Chhattisgarh governor Shekhar Dutt and demanded dismissal of the state government, saying it has failed to ensure safety of the girls living in residential schools.

In a memorandum to the governor, the party said that everybody was shocked by the incident of rape of inmates of Tribal Girls Pre-matric Hostel in Narharpur area of Kanker.

Two persons, including a teacher, have been arrested for allegedly raping minor inmates of the government-run residential school, according to police.

Accused Mannu Ram Gota, 24, a contractual teacher, was arrested on Sunday night from a forest area of Narharpur, Superintendent of Police Rahul Bhagat said, adding that school watchman Deenaram had also been taken into custody in the case for sexually abusing the girls for several months.

Medical examination has confirmed rape of nine out of the 40 students, who are residing at the hostel located in Narharpur police station limits, he said. Medical tests were still underway.

The Chhattisgarh government has ordered a high-level probe into the incident and Director General of Police Ramniwas has deputed IPS officer Neetu Kamal to investigate it. Stringent action will be taken against those who will be found guilty after the probe, the DGP said.

Meanwhile, services of both the accused along with hostel warden Babita Markam have been terminated by the district collector.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/raipur/Chhattisgarh-home-minister-blames-stars-for-crime-against-women/articleshow/17938053.cmsAngry

I wish along with the Rapist such politicians too are  hanged Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kiran_ratikholita

Har_cutedoll Senior Member
Har_cutedoll
Har_cutedoll

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NandyLove

Originally posted by harneen

When will they b punished?is there any news?will they get punished or not???

RIP

Whtever the question u raised the reply is ????? or don't knw

The case will get to finish tis mnth end as said before

Dont knw
-bharti- IF-Rockerz
-bharti-
-bharti-

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 3:33am | IP Logged
Dear friends
Kindly take a look at this link which is a protest worldwide on feb 14 against the violence directed at women..   

http://www.onebillionrising.org/pages/toolkit

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kiran_ratiNehageet.pallavi25

NandzLuv Goldie
NandzLuv
NandzLuv

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 6:28am | IP Logged

Nandita feels death sentence can't stop rapes

nandita das

Social activist and actress Nandita Das believes that death sentence cannot act as a deterrence against a crime like rape.

"I don't believe that death sentence is a solution to stop this because the conviction rate in our country is so low," the 43-year-old said here Monday at the Janki Devi Bajaj Puraskar ceremony.

Recently the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi, who died of her injuries in a Singapore hospital, shocked everyone and triggered nationwide protests demanding new law for the culprits of such crimes.

"Despite all that has been happening, there are still reports of such crimes (rapes) still happening," she said.

Nandita said there are other ways that should instead be adopted.

"In other countries such reports have been filed which state that death sentence has not lowered the graph of such crimes. In fact, the countries where such crimes happen less, they don't even have any such thing as death sentence. Such criminals should instead be brought to speedy trial, social humiliation and other such things," she suggested.

Nandita is aghast at current statements by many that hold women responsible for rapes.

"This accusation that some people have been flinging these days that these crimes and rapes happen because girls wear skirts and other such clothes is utter nonsense. If this was true, then no village woman would be raped," said Nandita who in "Bawandar" played the role of Bhanwari Devi, a low-caste woman from a village in Rajasthan who was allegedly gang-raped in 1992.

Claiming an example from her piece of work, Nandita said, "I made film 'Bawandar' on Bhanwari Devi. Even her face used to be covered, this (rape) should not have happened with her then."

"We hear of a three-year-old girl being raped. Was she found in some nightclub? We should not shame ourselves by giving such excuses," she added.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

i5hyOnyx.Newton123kholitaNehageet.pallavi25

zan101 IF-Sizzlerz
zan101
zan101

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
i m stil in shock to knw that some r still telling itz girls mistake..
I hve lost my controle nw.. If someone this such a thing front of me for sure i knw my hands will talk no matter which idot he is..uff...!!
Nach_Baliye Senior Member
Nach_Baliye
Nach_Baliye

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing the articles. Nandita Das talks about how death penalty will not help, but what is her solution? She should talk about solutions rather than what will not work.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nehageet.

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 8:49pm | IP Logged

Death sentence can't stop rapes: Nandita Das

Death sentence can't stop rapes: Nandita Das
Social activist and actress Nandita Das believes that death sentence cannot act as a deterrence against a crime like rape.

"I don't believe that death sentence is a solution to stop this because the conviction rate in our country is so low," the 43-year-old said at an award ceremony.

Recently the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi, who died of her injuries in a Singapore hospital, shocked everyone and triggered nationwide protests demanding new law for the culprits of such crimes.

"Despite all that has been happening, there are still reports of such crimes (rapes) still happening," she said.

Nandita said there are other ways that should instead be adopted.

"In other countries such reports have been filed which state that death sentence has not lowered the graph of such crimes. In fact, the countries where such crimes happen less, they don't even have any such thing as death sentence. Such criminals should instead be brought to speedy trial, social humiliation and other such things," she suggested.

Nandita is aghast at current statements by many that hold women responsible for rapes.

"This accusation that some people have been flinging these days that these crimes and rapes happen because girls wear skirts and other such clothes is utter nonsense. If this was true, then no village woman would be raped," said Nandita who in "Bawandar" played the role of Bhanwari Devi, a low-caste woman from a village in Rajasthan who was allegedly gang-raped in 1992.

Claiming an example from her piece of work, Nandita said, "I made film 'Bawandar' on Bhanwari Devi. Even her face used to be covered, this (rape) should not have happened with her then."

"We hear of a three-year-old girl being raped. Was she found in some nightclub? We should not shame ourselves by giving such excuses," she added.  

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kalyanireddysamrudhi.rkholitai5hydesi_baby07Chandani_Cpallavi25Nehageet.

-Cruiser- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cruiser-
-Cruiser-

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Asaram Bapu should be locked in a cell with 10 hard core criminals who happen to be gays and have been in prison for last 5 years atleast and just hungry to devour any male they can catch hold of!Evil Smile

Would love to see how his Deeksha, Saraswati Mantra chants and pleads of them being his brothers help him.Cry

Would make a great case study surely!
ROFL

Edited by -Cruiser- - 08 January 2013 at 8:49pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

kish1234shivandhniterryzitasweetniralideebasdprerna15Crazy_bee.Vrish.AlwaysHisJaanmelfnsTaniya20kholitadivyadaya13i5hydesi_baby07pallavi25riti4uNehageet.Sharif.Badmaash

Go to top