Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 425)

Post Reply New Post

Page 425 of 490

MS-meghasharma

IF-Sizzlerz

MS-meghasharma

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 3:08am | IP Logged

just read the following article about that juvenile on yahoo.totally shocked.He was the one who behaved most  brutally with the girl and i can't believe that he can get away with only 3 years .If  this crime is rare of rare then shouldn't this beast in the farce of juvenile be also  treated the same way...he should be given same amount of punishment as others.

Delhi rape: Juvenile rapist could walk free in months

The juvenile, according to the police, was the most brutal in the sexual assault on the victim.

NEW DELHI: The law may bestow leniency on him but according to the Delhi Police, the juvenile associate of the men who executed thegangrape of December 16 was the most brutal of them all. 

According to the chargesheet, the juvenile had subjected the 23-year-old physiotherapist to sexual abuse twice, including once when she was unconscious. He extracted her intestine with his bare hands and suggested she be thrown off the moving vehicle devoid of her clothes, it says.

Even as the five men arrested for the gangrape-cum-murder of the 23-year-old paramedical student face the possibility of a death sentence, if proved guilty, the juvenile accused could even escape a jail term. 

The boy, who is seventeen-and-a-half-year-old, would not face the trial under the Criminal Procedure Code like his companions.

Though he faces the grave charge of murder, the juvenile would face proceedings under the Juvenile Justice Act that is more of a reformatory process instead of a criminal trial.

The juvenile can be sentenced for a maximum of three years if found guilty. Even then, he would not be lodged in the Tihar jail but at a reformatory home.

Indian law states that those below 18 years of age, have to be tried by a Juvenile Justice Board for any crime allegedly committed by them, and not in the normal court of law.

Two days after he was nabbed on December 28, the police had applied to the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) for a bone ossification test of the juvenile - who, according to police, had subjected the victim to the most inhuman physical and sexual torture.

The Delhi Police, at the moment, is treating him as a juvenile purely on the basis of a school leaving certificate obtained from a school in Badaun, UP. With the test report still pending, police said, they were left with no option but to file charges and initiate legal proceedings only against the five adult members of the demonic gangrape.

"The JJB has to investigate and decide now," admitted a senior officer.

"We had applied to them two days after the minor had been nabbed. The whole process takes time," said the officer.

According to senior advocate Vikas Pahwa, the Juvenile Justice Act does not discriminate the gravity of the offence irrespective of its nature. "The objective of the act is to reform the child because it is possible that he may have committed an act under influence."

Pahwa further says that the procedure to treat juveniles and adults cannot be the same in criminal law.

"A juvenile has got some constitutional protections and therefore he has to be treated separately," he adds, stating there is nothing incorrect in the system that treats a juvenile differently even for committing a heinous offence along with his adult friends.

Public outrage

The public outrage has been based on allegations and the police version that of the six accused named in the Delhi gangrape case, it was the juvenile who inflicted the maximum brutalities on the victim.

Though the first law on protecting children from being prosecuted for having committed a criminal offence was put in place in 1850, constant amendments during the last three decades have compounded the problem.

The 1850 Apprentice Act provided for children in the 10-18 years age group, convicted by courts, to be provided vocational training intended for their future rehabilitation.

The Centre made the first Children Act in 1960 but it was in 1986 that the first central law on juvenile justice came up.

Its definition of juveniles stated :"Juvenile means a boy who has not attained the age of 16 years or a girl who has not attained the age of 18 years."

In 2000 conforming with the United Nations rules, the government raised the age of juveniles to 18 years.

In 2004, the Supreme Court ruled that the age of a juvenile accused of having committed any crime, should be determined by ascertaining it on the day of the alleged crime. (With inputs from Hindustan Times)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Surish

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 425)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Am I the only one who feels that this interview should not have been aired at this time?

laadgrnr_jalebi

laadgrnr_jalebi

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by scorpio10

What Non sense is this ...  the game the  police played " Not me" ...
When its a crime , no matter what its bloody hell ur business 
Is it not their duty to first attend to the case and the rest to follow
If they did not know who case it was ...why not ,they both attend to it ...they checked bck  on it ...

What kind crime police is this ...ask them how would they feel , if they are given us answers in such situations ...

No wonder they are only piling kilos ...as they refuse to work , only pass the buck ...and when caught try to cover up 

This boy has shown courage ...so has Zee news ...then why are they being penalized for it ...Scared uh ..Scared of being shown their true ulgy face ...

Abt ppl , I wonder abt the reason that stop them from helping these victims ...was fear of the own lives or was lack of trust ...
This bring up another question , what's the use of such rules and regulations that stop ppl from being human ...its an irony 

after watching dis interview i can say ppl have lost humanity...fear of deir lives wat abt dem who have been eft nude on road in a chilly night cant even spare a single cloth to cover dem?????...is it dat necessary to finalise under which station that comes?? is it dat very much imp dan dose victims lives cant dey see blood coming out...im ashamed to cal myself a human being..we humans have become demons n lost heart

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NandzLuvsan121scorpio10Dilsay

zan101

IF-Sizzlerz

zan101

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xarina

Am I the only one who feels that this interview should not have been aired at this time?

me too.
this is nt the right time for this interview...

tahera57

IF-Dazzler

tahera57

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 3:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by scorpio10

What Non sense is this ...  the game the  police played " Not me" ...
When its a crime , no matter what its bloody hell ur business 
Is it not their duty to first attend to the case and the rest to follow
If they did not know who case it was ...why not ,they both attend to it ...they checked bck  on it ...

What kind crime police is this ...ask them how would they feel , if they are given us answers in such situations ...

No wonder they are only piling kilos ...as they refuse to work , only pass the buck ...and when caught try to cover up 

This boy has shown courage ...so has Zee news ...then why are they being penalized for it ...Scared uh ..Scared of being shown their true ulgy face ...

Abt ppl , I wonder abt the reason that stop them from helping these victims ...was fear of the own lives or was lack of trust ...
This bring up another question , what's the use of such rules and regulations that stop ppl from being human ...its an irony 

thanks for sharing watching this is so hard.
h is right that pople that are holding candls and protesting it's same human bingss that stand by looking and not doing anything to give them any thing t cover themselves from cold and their dignity.

people need to do more than protest they have to help an injured prson first then fight for heir rights.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

scorpio10

san121

Goldie

san121

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 3:36am | IP Logged
After such open and frank interview, Delhi Police has launched F.I.R against Zee News...and today they are busy to prove the "Victim" wrong in sense of non-cooperations, as He has accused. Not only that, Police has deliberately said, all the incidents happened on that "dark Night" , is not totally true but some mixes of fantacy..Confused So they are a little bit confused abt the Capital Punishment of those beasts...ShockedShockedShockedand some of the central and state political leaders  also voice  the same...

Is it the ultimate happening??? Are they not going to be hanged??? Are all the protests and tries going to in vain???

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 4:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by san121

After such open and frank interview, Delhi Police has launched F.I.R against Zee News...and today they are busy to prove the "Victim" wrong in sense of non-cooperations, as He has accused. Not only that, Police has deliberately said, all the incidents happened on that "dark Night" , is not totally true but some mixes of fantacy..Confused So they are a little bit confused abt the Capital Punishment of those beasts...ShockedShockedShockedand some of the central and state political leaders also voice the same...

Is it the ultimate happening??? Are they not going to be hanged??? Are all the protests and tries going to in vain???

This is my reservation on the timing of the interview. After judgement would have been fine because the verdict would have been announced. I don't blame him for giving the interview, he has every right to tell of what happened that night. We need people to work together, not start throwing accusations, until justice prevails. Instead their energies are being wasted.

tahera57

IF-Dazzler

tahera57

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 4:57am | IP Logged
i think b4 they make any laws they need to hear what happened how it should be changed and how law should be made for all general public so that they are no afraid of coming forward to hlp the injured . few years back my second cousin was at his uncles wedding in india ,h was abiou 19 his yonug friends brought guns and doing firing for celebratios ven afer telling them they said just a few shots for our joy.
well who gets shot by accident my nephew  the  hospital won' assist him until the police had come and did thir ual delaying tactics . all tha and he bled to death.

so in y opinion judges don' need to look at one thing they have to also give the citizen some leway to assist and police and hospitals a guide line in helping the injured first.

and as for public. please come forward and help such unfortunate people with anything u can i don't think police could say why did u give them ur shawl or sweater.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top