Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 417)

Post Reply New Post

Page 417 of 490

Meynika

Meynika

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
I don't want the criminals to get any death penalty.

I want them to suffer 1,000,000 times the pain the victim went through!

I will gladly pay to see these beasts suffer in a cage, with only bread and water, no daylight and regret every single day of their remaining lives about how they took EVERYTHING from an innocent girl and there is a price to that!

They took her innocence, her sense of safety, humanity, self respect, self confident, eventually her life... just everything!! They touched her, where they had NO RIGHT TO! Abused her!!

No... these beasts should suffer the same and worse!! And pls... If it needs money to keep them alive to make them suffer, I'll gladly pay!

But don't give them the easy way out by giving them ONLY death penalty!

Edited by Meynika - 03 January 2013 at 12:27pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

msb8891sweetniraliAnikz003aRchiE_frieNdsstonex-AngelaKaParI-Arijit007princessunara

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 417)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bepatient

IF-Dazzler

bepatient

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by stonex

From everything you here and what's coming out in public know. Majority of Indian men are sick guys. I guess a sick nation. Political system is fully corrupt . As u read the surveys it's the worst country for women to live in in the g20 countries. 

I take offence to what you have said here since I am an Indian.  All Indian guys are not sick. There are many who are like the brave boy who tried to save the girl. There are many more like him in our country. Sick, peverts exist in any other country. Just check in their crime database. Where gender inequality exists in some parts of our country, there are also families like the brave girls family who against all odds educated their girl and tried their best to make her independent.

There are huge pbms in India like corruption, social inequality, gender inequality(in some sections) but we will eventually tackle these pbms.  We, the people, just like the genuine people who were part of the demonstrations, women & men of all age groups and social status, should try and clean up our pbms. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MeynikaaRchiE_frieNdsanitarani

Aneeka_GS

Goldie

Aneeka_GS

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 1:29pm | IP Logged

Edited by Aneeka_GS - 03 January 2013 at 1:32pm

stonex

IF-Dazzler

stonex

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ipkkndfan30

From everything you here and what's coming out in public know. Majority of Indian men are sick guys. I guess a sick nation. Political system is fully corrupt . As u read the surveys it's the worst country for women to live in in the g20 countries. 

I take offence to what you have said here since I am an Indian.  All Indian guys are not sick. There are many who are like the brave boy who tried to save the girl. There are many more like him in our country. Sick, peverts exist in any other country. Just check in their crime database. Where gender inequality exists in some parts of our country, there are also families like the brave girls family who against all odds educated their girl and tried their best to make her independent.

There are huge pbms in India like corruption, social inequality, gender inequality(in some sections) but we will eventually tackle these pbms.  We, the people, just like the genuine people who were part of the demonstrations, women & men of all age groups and social status, should try and clean up our pbms. 

I am Indian as well but not from India. The biggest problems  in Indian culture in India is our beliefs are useless and very very outdated and primitive. Our Culture as lots of Indians pride in  is flawed to the highest level.I dont pride myself with old Indian clulture as I dont believe in it. I said lot of Indain men not all. I meet a lot of indians from India and these men seem not too worried with  whats happening as they say it part of Our Culture I dont mean rape here. They see us Kiwi Indians as too modern and believe in equality which they dont believe in.

.x-bumblebee-x.

IF-Sizzlerz

.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 3:22pm | IP Logged

Indian politician beaten by villagers after 'entering a woman's home and raping her at 2am'

• Assam congressman Bikram Singh Brahma beaten by villagers after 'rape'
  • He was visiting village of Santipur when he entered woman's house at 2am
  • Fact he was arrested suggests attitudes to rape in India may be changing
  • Trial starts of men accused of gang raping 23-year old student on Delhi bus
  • Youngest defendant said to have ripped victim's intestines out with hands

PUBLISHED: 17:16, 3 January 2013 | UPDATED: 21:31, 3 January 2013

Pictures have emerged of a leading Indian politician being beaten by villagers after allegedly raping a woman in her home at 2am.

Congressman for Assam's ruling party Congress, Bikram Singh Brahma, allegedly raped a woman at Santipura village in lower Assam's Chirang district before being caught by villagers today.

It is another shocking sex crime against a woman in a country that is trying to come to terms with the gang rape and death of a 23-year-old student last week, for which six men currently face trial.

Scroll down for video

Bikram Singh Brahma

Member of Assam's ruling Congress party Bikram Singh Brahma is attacked following rape allegations

'People raised an alarm late last night after Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma allegedly raped a woman,' Chirang Superintendent of Police Kumar Sanjeev Krishna told the Deccan Chronicle.

He is said to have been visiting thevillage of Santipur on the Bhutan border when he entered a woman's house and raped her.

Brahma, who is the Baksa district Congress Committee chairman and Congress coordinator of Bodoland Territorial Council, was then beaten up by men and women who ripped his clothes off.

He was later handed over to the police who arrested him,Superintendent Krishna said.

Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, said anyone found guilty of the heinous crime 'would not be spared, whether he is Congressman or not.'

Brahma

Police said Brahma was visiting the village of Santipur on the Bhutan border when he entered a woman's house and raped her at 2am

Brahma

In a sign that attitudes might be changing since the rape of a 23-year-old woman in New Delhi, who died of severe internal injuries over the weekend, police have arrested Brahma

VIDEO Villagers attack politician for involvement in rape case

Play Video
Loading video...

'It is the most condemnable act. Anyone who commits rape or attempts it should be given stringent punishment,' he said, adding his government has been strict in handling such cases like the Guawahati molestation incident.

Congress leader Digvijay Singh said if Brahma is found guilty he will be expelled from the party.

Meanwhile, a group of Indian men accused of gang raping a 23-year-old woman were today kept away from court amid fears of mob violence.

Five people have been formally charged over the rape and murder of the physiotherapy student, including a youth who is alleged to have ripped out the victim's intestines.

According to The Hindustan Times a charge sheet said the youngest of the attackers pulled her organs out with his hands then raped her twice, once when she was unconscious.

The newspaper also reported that he was responsible for suggesting she was thrown naked from the bus.

On guard: Indian police personnel stand guard outside the district court Saket in New Delhi. They plan to keep

On guard: Indian police personnel stand guard outside the district court Saket in New Delhi. They plan to keep Indian gang rape suspects away from court today fearing mob violence as they face charges over the rape and murder of a 23-year-old university student on a bus

Public interest: Indian citizens queue to enter the district court - they trial will be held in a first-track court

Public interest: Indian citizens queue to enter the district court - the trial will be held in a first-track court

Today her father called for the hanging of those responsible for the attack saying 'the death penalty is compulsory for a crime so great.'

The trial will be held in a fast track court and will start on Saturday.

'Of all the persons in the bus, two had engaged in the most barbarism Ram Singh, the main accused in the case, and the juvenile ' said an officer according to the paper.

'Both of them had subjected her to sexual abuse twice. Singh was the first to rape her followed by the juvenile and then Akshay. Later, when she lost consciousness, Singh and the juvenile raped her a second time.'

Police planned to ask for the death penalty in the case. The men - the bus driver, his brother and four of their friends - are residents of a south Delhi slum near the site of the attack.

Indian Chief Justice Altamas Kabir said the accused should be tried swiftly, but cautioned that they needed to be given a fair trial and not subjected to mob justice.

'Let us not lose sight of the fact that a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty,' he said yesterday, while inaugurating the new fast-track court.

Anger: India lawyers participate in a protest outside Indian Saket District Court earlier today

Anger: India lawyers participate in a protest outside Indian Saket District Court earlier today

Calls for hanging: In an interview her father said 'The death penalty is compulsory for a crime so great - the assailants must be hanged'

Calls for hanging: In an interview her father said 'The death penalty is compulsory for a crime so great - the assailants must be hanged'

Criminal lawyer Ajay Digpaul told India Today: 'In my view, it should not take more than 10-15 effective hearings to decide the case it as there is plenty of evidence.'

Sanjay Kumar, a lawyer and a member of the Saket District Bar Council said that 2,500 advocates registered at the court had decided to stay away to ensure 'speedy justice'.

'We have decided that no lawyer will stand up to defend the rape accused as it would be immoral to defend the case,' he said to AFP.

The government is to set up four other such courts in the capital to hold timely trials in sexual assault cases, which often get bogged down for years in India's notoriously sluggish court system.

Women's activists hope the rape and killing of the university student on December 16 will mark a turning point in India's behaviour towards women.

The father of the physiotherapy student paid tribute to his 'fiercely determined' daughter in his first interview since the attack happened.

Indian women and men participate in peace march

Thousands of Indian women and men participate in peace march with placards carrying pro-women slogans to Mahatma Gandhi memorial, Rajghat, in New Delhi, India

Jantar Mantar, New Delhi, today

A group of protesters perform religious ritual for the 23 year old gang rape victim at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi, today

In an interview with the BBC the day after he scattered his daughter's ashes on the sacred waters of the River Ganges, her father revealed how his daughter wanted to be a doctor and had promised to lift the family from their poverty.

He said: 'She was very adamant about whatever she wanted.

MUMBAI BAR VANDALISED FOR SELLING 'RAPIST COCKTAIL'

image002.png

A bar selling a cocktail called the 'rapist' has been vandalised by a group of women from India's Nationalist Congress Party.

The women teared up the menus and attacked the staff at the Bonobo bar in Mumbai where the drink is sold.

The cocktail is named 'Balatkari' and members of the party are demanding that the police arrest the bar owners.

'When we used to stop at a sweetshop on the way to school she was adamant about wanting a sweet and even the shopkeeper had to relent.

'It was the same in high school. She wanted to be a doctor and said it was only a matter of a few years and that when she was a doctor (all our suffering) it will end.'

'I remember asking her once, who are all your friends? She replied, Dad it's only my books I am friends with.'

Her father moved the family to Delhi from a rural part of India in order to improve her chances of realising her ambition of a career in medicine.

The dream was cut short on December 16 when she was attacked by six men after as she caught the bus home after going to the cinema to watch The Life of Pi. She died from her injuries on Friday.

Fresh details of the case have emerged in the Indian press where it is reported that her attackers tried to throw her under the bus after raping her inside it.

Speaking on the Radio 4 Today programme, Indira Jaising, the Additional Solicitor General of India, denied that rape is solely an Indian problem - but admitted that the conviction rate in the country was low.

A protester at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi

A protester at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi. The crowds chanted slogans against the government for its perceived inaction in preventing cases of rape and being unable to better protect women in the capital

She said: 'The problem of rape I've seen all over the world, it's not a particular India phenomenon.

'What we're complaining about is the process is too slow, the conviction rate is low.'

She said that all too often it was the victim who was scrutinized and questioned, rather than the accused - and took a swipe at America, recalling the comments of Todd Akin, the Missouri Republican who said women's bodies could 'shut down' to prevent a rape.

'You see the blame game, blaming the witness, finding out did she invite the rape. In the US, they've distinguished between legitimate rape and rape.

'Universally there's a stigma for bringing a rape case to court. There are families who would discourage their daughters going to court.'

Peace march

The event was organized by the Delhi Government, Delhi Commission for Women to pay homage to the 23 year old Delhi gang-rape victim and for women safety

Protest

India's people have been outraged by the sickening gang rape attack and have taken to the streets all over the country

In a show of solidarity with the victim, thousands of Indian women and men took  part in the biggest protest yet since they started following the student's death last week.

The protesters carried pro-women slogans to the Mahatma Gandhi memorial, Rajghat, in New Delhi, yesterday morning.

The event was organized by the Delhi Government, Delhi Commission for Women to pay homage to the 23 year old Delhi gang-rape victim and for women safety.

On Monday Indian police arrested a man who tried to blow up the house belonging to the driver of a Delhi bus, as lawyers refuse to defend the accused rapists.

He was found with two homemade bombs outside the house of bus driver Ram Singh in south Delhi's RK Puram area. Two other men escaped arrest.

It comes as the Indian government proposed to name a revised anti-rape law after the victim, a move her family referred to as an 'honour'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2256717/Indian-politician-Bikram-Singh-Brahma-beaten-villagers-raping-woman.html#ixzz2GxBW9JvJ

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Shailesh_RathiEssence..Aneeka_GS..N3rDyM0R0N..--Saina--faria86desi_baby07.-Nikki-.

.x-bumblebee-x.

IF-Sizzlerz

.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Well Done to the Villagers .. !! Enough respect ..

People are now starting to fight back together !! ...

I hope to see more people help victims and Beat the Abusers .. !

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

susieAR_ArShiShailesh_RathiPrincessDreamsMehar23Ashi22-bharti--AngelaKaParI-faria86pallavi25princessunara.-Nikki-.

sandiab

IF-Rockerz

sandiab

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
Good on those villagers it was utter kindness that made them hand him over to the police otherwise they should have killed him and i for 1 would be saying good riddance to such trash. I just hope that soon that those other rapist get the punishment they deserve. Wished they where beaten before they went to jail.

And

sandiab

IF-Rockerz

sandiab

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 5:11pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ipkkndfan30

I take offence to what you have said here since I am an Indian. All Indian guys are not sick. There are many who are like the brave boy who tried to save the girl. There are many more like him in our country. Sick, peverts exist in any other country. Just check in their crime database. Where gender inequality exists in some parts of our country, there are also families like the bravegirls family who against all odds educated their girl and tried their best to make her independent.
There are huge pbms in India like corruption,social inequality, gender inequality(in some sections)but wewill eventually tackle these pbms. We, the people, just like the genuine peoplewho were part of the demonstrations, women & men of all age groups and social status, should try and clean up our pbms.

I am Indian as well but not from India. The biggest problems in Indian culture in India is our beliefs are useless and very very outdated and primitive. Our Culture as lots of Indians pride in is flawed to the highest level.I dont pride myself with old Indian clulture as I dont believe in it. I said lot of Indain men not all. I meet a lot of indians from India and these men seem not too worried with whats happening as they say it part of Our Culture I dont mean rape here. They see us Kiwi Indians as too modern and believe in equality which they dont believe in.

i am also an indian bt not from india and my personal belief is that we should judge every thing from a humanity point of view and not a gender,race, cultural or class point of view. What does those mens race or culture have to do with anything? Whatever religion 1 may be from it dnt teach 1 to rape and murder. Indian culture/religion dnt advocate for their ppl to act worst than animal. The problem isnt with our beliefs or customs bt with the way ppl interprete those beliefs and religion they need to realise that culture/religion shouldnt be placed above humaneness.

This isnt an indian issue coz let me just say that i live in south africa and recently there have been a number of rapes of elderly woman 1 was 92 years old. Freaking 92 yrs old and 1 committed suicidea after being raped. We just live in a sick,unhealty world at the moment noway in the world are we safe. pardon my language bt let alone not considering those rapist as being indian or black i dnt consider those f**kers human. They just dirt in front of my eyes.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top