Members Lounge

India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 408)

.x-bumblebee-x. IF-Sizzlerz
.x-bumblebee-x.
.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 9:00am | IP Logged

'She always wanted to be a doctor' she promised to end our hardship': Father of Indian gang rape victim pays tribute to his 'amazing' daughter in first interview.

Thousands of women protesters turn out for largest pro-women march yet Lawyers refuse to defend six men accused of raping victim, 23, on Delhi bus Indian government prepares to name revised anti-rape law after victim Bus driver questioned over claims he tried to run victim over 17-year-old claims two Delhi men sedated and raped her on New Year's Eve
    Politicians facing sexual assault charges may be suspended from office
  • Vigil held in Singapore where gang rape student died

.x-bumblebee-x. IF-Sizzlerz
.x-bumblebee-x.
.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 9:02am | IP Logged

The father of the 23-year-old Indian woman who died after being gang-raped on a bus has paid tribute to his 'fiercely determined' daughter in his first interview since the attack happened.

In an interview with the BBC the day after he scattered his daughter's ashes on the sacred waters of the River Ganges, her father revealed how his daughter wanted to be a doctor and had promised to lift the family from their poverty.

He said: 'She was very adamant about whatever she wanted.

Scroll down to listen

Indian women and men participate in peace march

Thousands of Indian women and men participate in peace march with placards carrying pro-women slogans to Mahatma Gandhi memorial, Rajghat, in New Delhi, India

Jantar Mantar, New Delhi, today

A group of protesters perform religious ritual for the 23 year old gang rape victim at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi, today

A protester at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi

A protester at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi. The crowds chanted slogans against the government for its perceived inaction in preventing cases of rape and being unable to better protect women in the capital

'When we used to stop at a sweetshop on the way to school she was adamant about wanting a sweet and even the shopkeeper had to relent.

'It was the same in high school. She wanted to be a doctor and said it was only a matter of a few years and that when she was a doctor (all our suffering) it will end.'

'I remember asking her once, who are all your friends? She replied, Dad it's only my books I am friends with.'

Her father moved the family to Delhi from a rural part of India in order to improve her chances of realising her ambition of a career in medicine.

The dream was cut short on December 16 when she was attacked by six men after as she caught the bus home after going to the cinema to watch The Life of Pi. She died from her injuries on Friday.

Peace march

The event was organized by the Delhi Government, Delhi Commission for Women to pay homage to the 23 year old Delhi gang-rape victim and for women safety

Protest

India's people have been outraged by the sickening gang rape attack and have taken to the streets all over the country

Fresh details of the case have emerged in the Indian press where it is reported that her attackers tried to throw her under the bus after raping her inside it.

In a show of solidarity with the victim, thousands of Indian women and men took  part in the biggest protest yet since they started following the student's death last week.

The protesters carried pro-women slogans to the Mahatma Gandhi memorial, Rajghat, in New Delhi, this morning.

The event was organized by the Delhi Government, Delhi Commission for Women to pay homage to the 23 year old Delhi gang-rape victim and for women safety.

On Monday IIndian police arrested a man who tried to blow up the house belonging to the driver of a Delhi bus on which a 23-year-old was gang-raped, as lawyers refuse to defend the accused rapists.

He was found with two homemade bombs outside the house of bus driver Ram Singh in south Delhi's RK Puram area. Two other men escaped arrest.

The gang rape hearing is expected to begin on Thursday at the Saket district court in south New Delhi, where police will formally present a 1,000-page charge sheet against Singh and five others accused of raping the victim on December 16.

AUDIO  Gang rape victim's father speaks for the first time. Listen in full here 

Play Video
Loading video...

Anger: Protests continued in Delhi on new Year's Day as it was revealed that the victim was thrown under a bus by her attackers, police sources say

Anger: Protests continued in Delhi on New Year's Day as it was revealed that the victim was thrown under a bus by her attackers, police sources said

Message: An Indian man arranges posters on a road during a protest to mourn the death of a gang rape victim in New Delhi

Message: An Indian man arranges posters on a road during a protest to mourn the death of a gang rape victim in New Delhi

'We have decided that no lawyer will stand up to defend the rape accused as it would be immoral to defend the case,' Sanjay Kumar, a lawyer and a member of the Saket District Bar Council, told AFP.

It comes as the Indian government proposed to name a revised anti-rape law after the victim, a move her family referred to as an 'honour'.

The father and brother of the girl said that 'if the government names the revised anti-rape law after her, we have no objection and it would be an honour to her'.

Kumar said the 2,500 advocates registered at the court have decided to 'stay away' to ensure 'speedy justice', meaning the government would have to appoint lawyers for the defendants.

Five men are expected to face charges including rape, murder and kidnapping in the Saket court, with the prosecutor likely to seek the death sentence.

A sixth suspect is believed to be 17 years old, meaning he would be tried in a juveniles' court, but police are conducting bone tests to determine his age.

The rape victim died at the weekend after 13-day struggle to survive injuries so severe that the majority of her intestines had to be removed.

She was gang raped and violated with an iron bar on a bus before being thrown from the moving vehicle at the end of a 40-minute ordeal.

Tense: Indian riot policemen stand guard outside the cremation centre in preparation for further violence and protests

Tense: The body of a young woman who was gang-raped and brutally beaten on a bus in India's capital was cremated but her family say she could have survived

Aware: The body was cremated amid tight security, police said

Aware: The body of the tragic student victim was cremated amid tight security, police said

As protests about violence against women grow louder in India, a 17-year-old school student has come forward to claim she was sedated and raped by two men in the upscale south Delhi colony of Safdarjung Enclave on New Year's Eve.

The two men in their late 20s were arrested and sent to Tihar Jail.

The men, identified as Rajesh and Naveen Jain, work in IT companies, police said. They were arrested Monday night and sent to Tihar after they were produced at the Saket court.

The victim had met one of the accused on a social networking site.
She met the man on Dec 31 at a south Delhi market and then asked her to accompany him to a flat in Safdarjung Enclave. There he was joined by his friend, police sources said.

The two are then said to have sedated her and took turns in raping her. They also warned her of dire consequences if she revealed anything.

Changes to the government's mentality appear already to be changing in light of the attack.

Politicians facing sexual assault charges may now be suspended from office as the country's highest court prepares to rule on an application to ban regional and national MPs.

Poignant: White lilies could be seen in the back of the ambulance as the body was taken in a ambulance as it arrives from Singapore hospital in New Delhi

Poignant: White lilies could be seen in the back of the ambulance as the body was transported through the city

As part of that campaign, Chief Justice Altamas Kabir agreed to hear a petition this week from retired government administrator Promilla Shanker asking the Supreme Court to suspend all politicians who are facing prosecution for crimes against women.

She also asked the court to force the national government to fast-track thousands of rape cases that have languished in India's notoriously sluggish court system for years.

Six state MPs are facing rape prosecutions and two national ones are facing charges of crimes against women that fall short of rape.

In the past five years, political parties across India nominated 260 candidates awaiting trial on charges of crimes against women. Parties ran six candidates for the national parliamentary elections facing such charges.

'We need to decriminalise politics and surely a serious effort has to be made to stop people who have serious charges of sexual assault against them from contesting elections," said Zoya Hasan, a political analyst.

Several thousand women joined a silent march to Gandhi's memorial in the capital in memory of the victim, holding placards demanding "Respect" and "Justice." Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit joined the women for a prayer session for the victim.

The government has set up a task force to monitor women's safety in New Delhi and to review whether police were properly protecting women. It had set up two earlier bodies to look into the handling of the rape case and to suggest changes in the nation's rape laws.

LISTEN TO THE FATHER'S INTERVIEW !!! :'( .. ON THIS WEBSITE !! It's In the Middle .. It's a Audio interview .. Cry

Edited by .._sonii_.. - 02 January 2013 at 9:01am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

TrieshKeshawnAnikz003NandzLuv-Raichu-FollowYourHeartprincessunara

NandzLuv Goldie
NandzLuv
NandzLuv

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Why the court orders to finish the delhi gangrape case within one month, I really don't understand ..We all knw the culprits thn why so long period of time, sentence them on spot death penalty tmrw itself.Stop these trial cases

The time they give the judgement , the culprits will be enjoying their life in prison Angry

Parade the 6 culprits naked in the same route, which they took the girl.
Let the Aam Aadmi slap and kick them to severe pain of death !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anikz003

NandzLuv Goldie
NandzLuv
NandzLuv

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 9:10am | IP Logged

http://in.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night-routine-behind-bus-rape-000000062.html

Sunday night routine behind bus rape - Accused statement report

New Delhi, Jan. 1: The six December 16 gang-rape accused would habitually drink through Sundays and take out the chartered school bus at night to pick up sex workers, a senior police officer said.

Police sources alleged that the accused, charged with murder after the victim's death on Saturday, had tried to run her and her male friend over after throwing them out following the assault, but the friend had somehow dragged the victim away from the vehicle's path.

"On Sundays, the accused would first take the bus out to ferry passengers, earn extra bucks and buy more liquor. At night, they would pick up roadside sex workers and have sex inside the bus," the officer said.

On December 16, a Sunday, the victim, a 23-year-old trainee paramedic, and her friend had boarded the bus at night thinking it was a public bus.

The privately owned bus, which had tinted glass panes and curtains, ferried children to and from a Delhi public school on weekdays. The officer said driver Ram Singh had told investigators about the Sunday night "fun rides".

On December 16, the accused had apparently partied at Ram's one-room home at a south Delhi slum till evening, cooking chicken and drinking heavily, before setting out with the bus. Ram's younger brother Mukesh was at the wheel. Ram, gym assistant Vinay Sharma, fruit seller Pawan Gupta, bus cleaner Akshay Thakur, and the sixth accused, who claims to be a minor, sat inside.

They picked up passengers and robbed one of them, Ram Adhar, of his gold chain, the officer said. Here's the subsequent sequence of events as mentioned in the FIR, which will be part of the chargesheet to be filed on January 3 in a fast-track court, seeking the death penalty for all the accused:

At 9.15, the accused spot the couple waiting at Munirka bus stop and ask them their destination. Told that it's Dwarka, they say the bus too is headed that way. The unsuspecting couple board it. They mistake three of the accused, sitting in passenger seats, for commuters. The cleaner shuts the door.

The accused pass lewd remarks at the victim, asking why she's alone with a man late at night. When the friend protests, he is attacked. The friend beats up two accused but the gym assistant attacks him with an iron rod.

Three accused drag the woman to the back seat and rape her; the others join in later. The victim fights back and bites the hands of three accused, who get angry and brutalise her with an iron rod. Hair and blood samples of the victim have been found on Ram's nails.

After 45 minutes of brutality, the accused strip the duo and throw them out of the moving bus on a roadside after taking away their cellphones and wallets. Ram asks Mukesh to run the couple over.

Ram takes the wheel from Mukesh and drops the other accused home. He cleans the bloodstains before parking the bus at its owner's place in Noida in the early hours. Two eyewitnesses have claimed to have seen Ram destroy evidence.

"We shall prepare the final chargesheet by tonight or tomorrow morning," an officer said. The police tonight received the post-mortem report. The autopsy was conducted in Singapore, where the victim died.

The draft chargesheet mentions Ram as the prime accused. His wife died in 2008. An inquiry has revealed he is an alcoholic and a short-tempered man who regularly picked fights with neighbours, an officer said.

The accused have been charged with murder, attempt to murder, gang rape, unnatural offences, kidnapping, hurting a person while committing robbery, dacoity and destruction of evidence, read with the section on common intention.

Cheating case

The police today booked bus owner Dinesh Yadav in a case of cheating and making a false statement on oath to a public servant, PTI reported.

Yadav allegedly gave a false affidavit about his home address to get the bus registered with the transport authority.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KeshawnAnikz003

Xarina Coolbie
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by seraal

Originally posted by NandyLove

A message to the society

Excellent ad , must watch  , really made me cry

The unborn daughter voice says, Maa Maa
" I am too young for even god to have decided my luck (implied by lack of lines on palm) and yet you have decided my fate.

Mother let me live. I swear I won't ever bother you. Don't worry about my school fees. I will do self-study from my brothers book. Don't worry about my dowry either. I will stay with you in your old age and take good care of you.

Still if? you think I will be a weight on you, then don't spend money on this operation too. I will pray to god that I am born dead.

...its too much moving...made me to responce against the trend of abortion wn its a girl ...still superstitious even wn a girl can do on her own...???
I cried watching this.  The word on this has to be spread the world over.  Please can you put this in a new thread.  It deserves to be viewed in its own right.  Do you mind if I copy the link for my Facebook?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Keshawn-bharti-

shobrakapooor IF-Rockerz
shobrakapooor
shobrakapooor

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged

Leaders Please Wake up! Stop all those Corruption nd try to live for providing people's needs! Its time to re-modify the laws that stand for women's protection! After this brutal incident, still the same process is going on in Delhi! Why? Because those maniacs are not scared of the law! They are sure that they wont get any serious punishment nd can come out of the jail so easily!

So leaders think... The girl deserves JUstice nd those psychos should get severe punishment... they must die with the same pain the girl had suffered, they must be tortured to death... a simple hanging wont do... tHey must suffer for their deeds!
zan101 IF-Sizzlerz
zan101
zan101

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shobrakapooor

Leaders Please Wake up! Stop all those Corruption nd try to live for providing people's needs! Its time to re-modify the laws that stand for women's protection! After this brutal incident, still the same process is going on in Delhi! Why? Because those maniacs are not scared of the law! They are sure that they wont get any serious punishment nd can come out of the jail so easily!

So leaders think... The girl deserves JUstice nd those psychos should get severe punishment... they must die with the same pain the girl had suffered, they must be tortured to death... a simple hanging wont do... tHey must suffer for their deeds!

this leaderz r ded they will nets...mmm...
saf2012 Senior Member
saf2012
saf2012

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 11:03am | IP Logged
to be frank, those guys don't even deserve to be hanged! hanging is literally a small punishment for what they did!! they deserve to be tortured to death!

Go to top