Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 408)

Post Reply New Post

Page 408 of 490

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 6:08am | IP Logged
I'm not finding the news article online, although it was in the printed edition.  But looks like the police in Delhi are reporting that women are in record numbers applying for handgun licenses.

I had no idea that India had any equivalent to the US 2nd Amendment, which I heartily support.  But it warmed my heart to read this. Clap I hope that as many girls as possible - in Delhi and elsewhere, get proper training in the use of firearms and carry them in their handbags, and use them on the next assailants that encounter them.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 408)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

NandzLuv

Goldie

NandzLuv

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -niti-

Oh my god !!!

So many  molestations after the death of  Delhi brave heart Shocked

I feel scared to live in India   

I highly doubt if something called god  even exists   !!!

It would have been better if the world had ended   on 21st dec 2012 

I feel like crying   

IndddiiiaAngry

Well said, nwdayz don t knw who shld we trust both men & women , nt oly India, bt whole world

What a stupid life we r all living, especially as women Angry

Edited by NandyLove - 02 January 2013 at 6:17am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Anikz003lizman..N3rDyM0R0N..

.x-bumblebee-x.

IF-Sizzlerz

.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 6:56am | IP Logged
<font size="4">">Revealed - plot to bomb India gang rapists: Police seize homemade explosives outside bus driver's house
Lawyers refuse to defend six men accused of raping victim, 23, on Delhi bus
Indian government prepares to name revised anti-rape law after victim
Bus driver questioned over claims he tried to run victim over
17-year-old claims two Delhi men sedated and raped her on New Year's Eve

</font>

Indian police have arrested a man who tried to blow up the house belonging to the driver of a Delhi bus on which a 23-year-old was gang-raped, as lawyers refuse to defend the accused rapists.
A man was arrested on Monday after he was found with two homemade bombs outside the house of bus driver Ram Singh in south Delhi's RK Puram area. Two other men escaped arrest.
Hearings are expected to begin on Thursday at the Saket district court
in south New Delhi, where police will formally present a 1,000-page
charge sheet against Singh and five others accused of raping the victim on December 16.

'We have decided that no lawyer will stand up to defend the rape accused as it would be immoral to defend the case,' Sanjay Kumar, a lawyer and a member of the Saket District Bar Council, told AFP.
It comes as the Indian government proposed to name a revised anti-rape law after the victim, a move her family referred to as an 'honour'.
The father and brother of the girl said that 'if the government names the revised anti-rape law after her, we have no objection and it would be an honour to her'.

Kumar said the 2,500 advocates registered at the court have decided to 'stay away' to ensure 'speedy justice', meaning the government would have to appoint lawyers for the defendants.
Five men are expected to face charges including rape, murder and kidnapping in the Saket court, with the prosecutor likely to seek the death sentence.
A sixth suspect is believed to be 17 years old, meaning he would be tried in a juveniles' court, but police are conducting bone tests to determine his age.

As protests about violence against women grow
louder in India, a 17-year-old school student has come forward to claim
she was sedated and raped by two men in the upscale south Delhi colony
of Safdarjung Enclave on New Year's Eve.
The two men in their late 20s were arrested and sent to Tihar Jail.
The
men, identified as Rajesh and Naveen Jain, work in IT companies, police
said. They were arrested Monday night and sent to Tihar after they were
produced at the Saket court.
The victim had met one of the accused on a social networking site.
She
met the man on Dec 31 at a south Delhi market and then asked her to
accompany him to a flat in Safdarjung Enclave. There he was joined by
his friend, police sources said.
The two are then said to have
sedated her and took turns in raping her. They also warned her of dire
consequences if she revealed anything.

Edited by .._sonii_.. - 02 January 2013 at 7:02am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anikz003

NandzLuv

Goldie

NandzLuv

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 7:05am | IP Logged
A message to the society

Excellent ad , must watch  , really made me cry

The unborn daughter voice says, Maa Maa
" I am too young for even god to have decided my luck (implied by lack of lines on palm) and yet you have decided my fate.

Mother let me live. I swear I won't ever bother you. Don't worry about my school fees. I will do self-study from my brothers book. Don't worry about my dowry either. I will stay with you in your old age and take good care of you.

Still if? you think I will be a weight on you, then don't spend money on this operation too. I will pray to god that I am born dead.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

trupat1KeshawnAnikz003tahera57..N3rDyM0R0N..-Raichu-

The.Patthaaka.

IF-Sizzlerz

The.Patthaaka.

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 7:18am | IP Logged
May her soul rest in peace.

I want the rapists to get the worst posssible punishment.I'd beat them to death myself if given a chance.

..KR..

IF-Sizzlerz

..KR..

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 7:26am | IP Logged

damini may ur soul rest in peace

-bharti-

IF-Rockerz

-bharti-

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Actually the issue of naming a law is unprecedented and unheard of.  It doesnt serve any purpose.  But setting up a memorial or naming a day for remembering oppressed women or even naming some bravery award in her name would help.   
More than symbolic measures,  we should see the larger picture and set right systems.  
Set the Indian Police house in order.  Sensitise police to women's issues and increase  women officers in every station.  When criminals fear law and when women stop feeling intimidated by the police half the battle is won. The Indian Police reforms is top most priority along with amendment of rape laws.   Infact all women related issues should be seperately dealt with.    

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anikz003tahera57

kaur1313

kaur1313

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 7:44am | IP Logged
RIP :( :(
Really upset with this...still no justice for her...the rapists should hv been hanged till now !!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top