Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 400)

Post Reply New Post

Page 400 of 490

.x-bumblebee-x.

IF-Sizzlerz

.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 5:47am | IP Logged
According to a page on Facebook..

A 7 year old has allegedly been raped in bangalore..
Apparently in critical condition..:'(

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nannav

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 400)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mystique.

IF-Stunnerz

Mystique.

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 5:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .._sonii_..

According to a page on Facebook..

A 7 year old has allegedly been raped in bangalore..
Apparently in critical condition..:'(

Oh god...Shockedhope she gets well soon

nannav

.x-bumblebee-x.

IF-Sizzlerz

.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Damini's ashes Scattered in Ganges.

The ashes of an Indian woman who died after being gang-raped on a bus in the capital, Delhi, a fortnight ago have been scattered in the river Ganges.
The family, along with hundreds of well-wishers, performed the rituals in Ballia district in Uttar Pradesh state.
The victim died on Saturday morning in a Singapore hospital where she was being treated for severe injuries. She was cremated in Delhi on Sunday.
The brutal assault of the woman has sparked public outrage in the country.
It led to huge demonstrations with protesters expressing anger over attitudes to women in India and calling for changes to the laws on violence against women.
As vigils continue to be held, India scaled back new year celebrations.
President Pranab Mukherjee cancelled all new year celebrations and appealed to the people not to greet him.
The armed forces cancelled the new year parties they had been planning to hold and the ruling Congress Party also made a decision to abandon its celebrations.
Many hotels, clubs and business houses and celebrities cancelled or toned down planned events.
The parents and two brothers of the victim - a 23-year-old medical student - flew from Delhi to Varanasi on Monday evening and were driven to their ancestral home in Ballia.
Her last remains were scattered in the Ganges on Tuesday morning.
The ceremony was attended by about 500 people, including local residents, social and political activists.
'Feeling angry'
A local politician, Upendra Tiwari, told the BBC that people in the area have been feeling angry at the incident and that many women and girls had participated in a peaceful march there.

According to official figures, a woman is raped in Delhi every 14 hours
                    Meanwhile, police say they expect to formally charge five of six suspects with murder on Thursday. If convicted, they could face the death penalty, which is rarely carried out in India.
The sixth suspect is reported to be under 18 and a juvenile. Police have ordered a bone test for him to confirm his age.
The Indian government was heavily criticised for its response to the attack, which many called "slow" and inadequate.
According to official figures, a woman is raped in Delhi every 14 hours, while women across the country say they are frequently subjected to sexual intimidation and violence.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinKPrincessDreamsnannav

seraal

seraal

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yasri

Originally posted by razashah

Dear all... I am shocked and badly heart broken, I am a 28 years old man, i read this news across the border here, unbearable, I am a muslim, but no any religon permits whatever had happened to that innocent girl. I am so so so sad , cant tell u my feelings in words that how cruel a human being can be .But a few questions to protesters, u did protest but no one was there when she kept on bleeding nude on rode. No one tried to shot at those cruel men who did all that, even if they had raped her, then why did they put a rod ??? there is a question, they may be their enemies, coz if they were only rapists they had raped and escaped, but this shows something else, so thing is deep to think i poray to Almighty Allah that may this not happen again anywhere again, coz the pain that I felt sitting here reading the news, can not be determined how much had she suffered. My sympathies with her entire family and entire nation, I am a Pakistani but a human being. very sad to know, she had dreams ahead, she had to become a darling, a mother , already was a daughter and sister, very painful.

@ bold
because she did fight and beat them, this made them angry specially that they were already drunk...
I do agree there should be more cruel punishments, more effective legal systems and security, work on teaching kids to respect women since shildhood... but,

Are these steps enough? Will this stop such crimes? There are many countries did satisfy all the above steps but still suffer from those crimes...

cruel punishments - good to prevent scared souls from commiting this crime... only people who has something to loose in life and concious about it will be affected and follow law..

more effective legal systems and security - this will have similar effect as the above point.

work on teaching kids to respect women since shildhood - I don't think this will have that much effect as those criminals don't do this to their family women coz they respect and love them, I feel this issue is more about fulfilling someones desire rather that having respect for women or not... such culprits are sick people who can't stop thinking about fulfilling their desires, they don't think  that "I don't respect the woman so will rape her",... so I believe it's not the issue of respecting, rather it's the issue of inability to control their continues thoughts to fulfill their desires... and the proof is that victims r not women only, it includes kids, girls and boys...   

What has been noticed that culprits of such crimes share the following:

- Have committed his crime while either being drunk or under drugs effect...
- Most have non-impressive backgounds... no respectful job, no stable family, no good education... so he lives his life as he has nothing to lose...

My questions r:

-Do u think a drunk/drug addict person will think twice about laws and punishments before/while doing his crime?
-A person who has nothing to lose and is angry from his society (like the minor in this case)
would care of what will happen to his future after being cought? Don't u think the maybe punishment he will got is what he wants, be it death or spent yrs in jail?

The points that I want to highlight... I believe this issue is not about saving women only, it should be about saving both girls and boys of the nation... just by loosing control a boy will distroy girls life as well as his life, why?
Why can't this be prevented to the muximum possible level? Laws can set justice and punish but can't prevent this from happening... to prevent we need to work on the motives of such crimes... which I see it as losing control/concious as well as lacking goals in life...

We should work on shift boys thinking to valid goals and ambitions in their life rather than keep thinking only in fulfilling such desires... this is gonna be easier for families to do,... but boys who lacks families or good families, how can this be tought to them?
We should work on keep our boys away from things that make them lose their concious, mind and control... in other words, I see all types of Alcohol and drugs should be banned...

,,,,,highlighted points r worth applying along with all the kids going to  prper schools and given n trained rfor such  abuses as i remember a programme aired by amir khan(actor) on t channel for handling this kind of maniacs.

seraal

seraal

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 6:44am | IP Logged
have u watched the movie "naik"-anil kapoorz

MahinK

seraal

seraal

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Annunaki

Indian media is disturbing.
...Confusedmedia in everywhere isat times misleading,n also disturbing!

faria86

IF-Sizzlerz

faria86

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 6:57am | IP Logged
i just read the article in UK mail website 
& i'm feeling so much sad for the victim's family Cry 
it just brought tearing in my eyes Cry
i can't expressing how i'm feeling & i can't imagine what her family & her friend is going through Cry

but i salute to the victim & her friend they are truly brave & they are fighters 

RatiG

seraal

seraal

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sparkle2985

Originally posted by seraal

Originally posted by sparkle2985

why only their shld be change in law for the rape cases
what abt the acid throwing cases tat more painful than rape as the victim can atleast forget for a min abt the incident happen to her but the acid even for a second she cannot forget it
...any act that is inhumane,nonreligious shld always be condemned,rape like cases r sevevrer than anythingelse 4 agirl/ woman of any age. it is strongly abhored-apprehended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!justice delayed is...!

i am not telling not to bring change in laws against rape cases
acid throwing case the punisment  is 7 yrs jail that's it
i want them to change the law against both rape and acid throwing cases
no men shld ever think of these things even in his dreams the law shld be so strict and punishment shld be so severe in these 2 cases thats my opinion
...im also in favour of accountability at every  little or big crime irrespective of the fact who t he  crimina is  ;l

Post Reply New Post

Go to top