Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 366)

Post Reply New Post

Page 366 of 490

.DarkParadise..

IF-Stunnerz

.DarkParadise..

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xarina

I am sorry but I do not believe that this is the solution.  You can chemically castrate a rapist but you cannot chemically castrate their minds.  As this is where the majority of the problem lies.  Chemically castrating them will not stop them from committing further crimes.  I am sorry, but we have seen where anger, depraved minds and the need to teach someone a lesson has left us.  I really don't want to read months or years from now how an attacker "treated" for his crime has gone out and committed an even more heinous crime.

I personally feel chemical castration is the best punishment for a rapist. They don't deserve a manhood they'll misuse. Yes, it cannot change their minds but nothing can. To prevent them from roaming around freely, it has to be accompanied by something more, like life imprisonment (which no longer means just 14 years). Basically, something which will make them regret not only what they did but their own lives. It sounds harsh and mean but that is what they deserve.

I am strongly against capital punishment for rapists 'coz they will end up killing their victims to prevent exposure. And even if they're found out, the most they'll get for a murder is a capital punishment only which is why they have nothing to lose if they take a chance.

Problem is, new laws might come up but they need to be implemented well with swift reporting of the crime and swift action on the same. The root problem is, majority of the rapes aren't even reported.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 366)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.DarkParadise..

IF-Stunnerz

.DarkParadise..

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by S.Stephy

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/MP-BHO-delhi-gang-rape-she-should-have-submitted-to-rape-says-woman-scientist-4128063-NOR.html
Khargone: In a shocking reaction to the Delhi gang-rape victim, Dr. Anita Shukla ironically blamed the victim herself for the crime committed; at a seminar in Khargone,M.P. The police department had called for a seminar on the topic, 'Sensitivity towards women'.
Continuing with her blames she said, 'Women instigate men to commit such crimes'. She accused the victim of being insensible as she was out of her house after 10 pm. Shukla claimed that if a girl wanders late at night with her boyfriend; such situations are bound to happen.
Ironically, most of the senior officials chose to remain silent in reaction to these comments. Shukla asserted that police cannot give extreme protection to every citizen at all times. She said, 'The victim should have surrendered when surrounded by six men, at least it could have saved her intestines'.
When Bhaskar contacted her again after the seminar on why she made such insensitive comments, she mentioned that she has her sympathies with the victim. However, women ought to be extremely vigilant and conscientious under extreme circumstances.
Shukla is the Secretary of Lions Club and an agricultural scientist by profession.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Its pathetic how the girl is expected to tolerate the rape!! Such is the mind-set still prevalent in some people!!

I am so ASHAMED right now. Such comments coming from a WOMAN. Why has the humanity died?Ouch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

S.StephyNikki_Titli

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

Originally posted by Xarina

Originally posted by princessunara

i truly pray castration happens!!

woh cheez ke baremein itni naaz hai, woh cheez galat kaam karne keliye use kiya kyu na usse remove kare?
then let them live!! live a life of living hell!!Angry

Originally posted by MS-meghasharma

just read this.I hope it happens atleast the castration part.

Congress suggests chemical castration as punishment for rape

Published: Sunday, Dec 30, 2012, 15:17 IST 
Place: New Delhi | Agency: PTI

As outrage against the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, Congress has decided to propose a tougher law to check crimes against women which could include a provision like chemical castration of perpetrators of rape in rare cases. The final draft of the Congress' bill, which is to be submitted to the Justice JS Verma-led Committee set up by the Centre in the wake of the horrific incident on December 16, has not, however been readied yet, sources said.

Some of the provisions of this tougher law include imprisonment up to 30 years for rape convicts and setting up of fast track-courts to decide the cases within 3 months and were discussed in the presence of party chief Sonia Gandhi on December 23 when she had held a meeting with a group of people protesting against the gang-rape incident.

Sonia Gandhi-led National Advisory Council, which has framed and helped frame many a landmark legislations like RTI, is likely to be involved in the whole exercise. Sources said the women and child development ministry headed by Krishna Tirath held a marathon meet with stakeholders on the issue on Friday during which several suggestions were made.

The ministry will now prepare a summary of the suggestions received and will submit it to the Justice Verma-headed three-member committee set up to review existing laws make recommendations changes in them to effectively check crimes against women. "There is no government draft till now. The summary that we submit to the JS Verma Committee will be the first written document on which the new law will be based," sources said.

In the meeting with the protesters at her 10 Janpath residence, Gandhi had favoured fast track courts for trying rape cases with a 90-day cap while Renuka Chowhdary had made a strong pitch for chemical castration to rape accused saying such a punishment is already in practice in various countries and that it had a deterrent effect, sources said.

There is also a suggestion to re-define the juvenile and lower their age. One of the accused in the ghastly rape case, who inflicted maximum brutality on the victim, is a juvenile and aged a few months less than 18 years. A view has been expressed by a section that only those aged below 15 years should be described as juvenile.

The proposal of the women and child ministry will undergo legal scrutiny and an ordinance is likely to be brought after the proposal is vetted by the home and the law ministry. Since the next session of Parliament is over two months away, the government is contemplating bringing the ordinance, an issue discussed in the last two core group meetings of Congress on December 24 and 29, sources said

link to articlehttp://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_congress-suggests-chemical-castration-as-punishment-for-rape_1783459

I am sorry but I do not believe that this is the solution.  You can chemically castrate a rapist but you cannot chemically castrate their minds.  As this is where the majority of the problem lies.  Chemically castrating them will not stop them from committing further crimes.  I am sorry, but we have seen where anger, depraved minds and the need to teach someone a lesson has left us.  I really don't want to read months or years from now how an attacker "treated" for his crime has gone out and committed an even more heinous crime.

No it will!!

because castration of one monster will make sure 90% of the future monsters will think not once or twice but million times before they lay a finger on another girl!

this punishment is not about the 10% or so which would not be stopped through this, but about the 90% or so who will in fear of punishment will stop!

so at least right now violence should be answered in violence.

becasue the point of preaching is long past. rapists r continuing what they do becasue they know there is no real punisment!

so i will fight through whatever means i can until it can be done..

a pity or not  i do not live in india so cannot walk along the rest to protest...i wish i could...

i am a person who doesn't condone death penalty for a murderer...but i ask more than death penalty for a rapist!
a living breathing death, a whole life of living hell...nothing less!!

take away the very thing they used to rape a girl! they r so proud of their manhood! so let's see how many men would be brave enough to risk their so called manhood to rape another girl in future if this can be done!
OK.  I get you on that.  if we are talking about a deterrant fair enough for the 90% that will think twice. But don't forget the part that law and order play a part in this.  There also has got to be a fear of being caught and brought to justice and quickly for all of this to be effective and the shame to be shifted to the attacker and not the victim. 

kriya37

IF-Dazzler

kriya37

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged
RIP india's braveheart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinK

Shailesh_Rathi

Shailesh_Rathi

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by seraal

Originally posted by newbie2011

DATABASE OF RAPE CONVICTS SOON TO BE POSTED ONLINE
Questionwho how n by whom??///////////////////

The governmensday it was planning to compile a data base of all rape convicts across the country and post their photographs, names and addresses on a website.
Minister of State for Home R.P.N. Singh told reporters that he has directed the National Crime Records Bureau to prepare a directory of all rape convicts and upload their photographs, names and addresses on its website.

"We are planning to start it in Delhi. Photographs, names and addresses of the rapists will be uploaded on the Delhi Police website (http: www.delhipolice.nic.in)," he told reporters here.

The plan would later be implemented in all states and union territories and the websites of the state police forces would similarly carry the photographs, names and addresses of rape convicts.

The move is part of the government's latest measures following the massive protests over the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman in Delhi Dec 16.

"We are very serious about dealing with the problem and taking all possible action as early as possible," Singh said.

Among other measures announced by the government, are a commission of inquiry to probe the gang-rape, identify lapses and fix responsibility as well as a panel of jurists to review the existing laws to provide speedier justice and enhanced punishment in cases of sexual assault.

http://haryanaabtak.com/data-base-of-rape-convicts-to-soon-be-posted-online

Another interesting article given some of the heated debates in here:

PARDONING OF RAPE CONVICTS BY PRESIDENT MOST UNFORTUNATE

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=159455

Am sincerely hoping that the judicial process of addressing rape convicts undergoes a revamping process, soon. 

no idea, most possibly by the police authorities who take down FIRs and will be used to notify the general public.  sometimes one wants to hope that change is on the way and at times we are hard pressed to face the reality that the govt is used to giving a lot of rhetoric but no action. 

Edited by newbie2011 - 30 December 2012 at 8:55am

Shailesh_Rathi

Shailesh_Rathi

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sanayaa

Originally posted by Warda.

Originally posted by Sanayaa

Originally posted by -bharti-

The rapists just before picking up this girl had robbed a vegetable vendor of 6000 Rs anid when the vendor promptly went to saket police station to register his complaint the beat constables sent him away saying it was not their jurisdiction. If those lazy ba***** had just sent ONE wireless communication to the south delhi police pickets that a white bus was to be intercepted, the bus could have been easily stopped . 15minutes after robbing the vendor they reached munirka to pick this hapless girl luring them to take her to palam where she was supposed to reach. This is how our security system works, one small slip and one girl and her family's life is upside down.Angry
Ahhh a truck driver had also complained against d bus driver because he abused him n got into fight wid him...But Police didnt bother to do anything...maybe Damini would have been saved if police had immediately acted upon dat truc driver's complaint:-(

Dose rapists were bas***ds but wat <font color="#0033ff">surprises me even more is dat for an hour none of the ppl who saw Damini n her frnd lying in such a bad condition bothered to help them...insaniyat sach me khatam hoti ja rhi hai...:</font>-(

gosh i missed that part beforeOuchapart from those cruel culprits such insensitive people are equally responsible who are not affected unless its their own daughter or sister in that place...aisay tamasha daikhnay walon ko bhi wohi saza dainy chahiye ...
people are actually like that now a days...Sigh!!!
I kno:-( they r not less responsible...how can ppl be so insensitive:-(

OuchAngry If only the police had acted with vigilance, this tragedy could have been averted. Maybe that's what this incident has taught all of us...Indian citizens/police are so used to the chalta hai attitude that the earlier reports of rape failed to move us/the judiciary to prompt action until a situation of this gravity occurred. Ditto for this gang of 6 convicts, they kept getting past the police scanners for minor incidences (illegal bus, robbery, petty thefts, etc) and just kept getting bolder and more vicious...

tahera57

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Some of those views of the MPs Stern Smile No wonder the law is so toothless. The government needs a makeover completely. There are retards who blame the women and those who are too chicken to make a significant stand.

Regarding chemical castration- even if it doesn't effect the rapists mindsets at least it would put some sort of fear in their mind that their all powerful tool which proves their 'manhood' could be taken away from them. But if its just on the rare occasions then I doubt it will be used...

Shailesh_Rathi

gangnamstyle

Goldie

gangnamstyle

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..Chanakya...

Originally posted by gangnamstyle

Originally posted by ..Chanakya...

O.K this is a limit...I mean according News Paper Juvenile may get away with a three year term at Juvenile correctional Home...Is this a joke or what...

im scared to imagine wat will he do to his juvy inmates there :/... atleast send him to the other jail so tht the inmates there can do the same to him as he did to the girl

Actualy in this case its he who is scared that what his inmates will do with him...He has already been thrashed twice by his inmates...

the inmates in juvy wud b kids... he probably wud hve been thrashed in sme other adult jail. Hurrah to ppl who thrashed him (if they did)

Shailesh_Rathi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top