Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 365)

Post Reply New Post

Page 365 of 490

.DarkParadise..

IF-Stunnerz

.DarkParadise..

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Ever since I've heard of her death, I'm having such a tough time digesting it. She wanted to live and she fought till the last. I don't know why but I had such a strong gut feeling that she'll make it. This is so saddening. I just landed in Delhi a while back and the aura of the city is filled with depression.

The government knew there was little hope for her which is why they shifted her abroad. Many people feel she was already dead but I don't think so. Definitely though, things weren't looking too bright for her which is why US refused to take her in.

I know for a fact that I can never ever forget this scar on my nation. 29th December 2012, indeed a National Shame Day when a girl who wanted to live despite everything she was subjected to succumbed to death. Now, I just wish her soul rests in peace in the better place she's gone to, a place with no rapesOuch

Edited by -BlackBeauty- - 30 December 2012 at 8:16am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-bharti-SanayaaBirdieeprincessunara

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 365)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

THE-FUTURE-LORD

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:19am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Sanayaa

IF-Rockerz

Sanayaa

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -bharti-

First lets pledge to reform ourselves, only then can we bring about real change in the society. Stop bribing police, beuraocrats etc... otherwise one day the same policemen would have compromised our security
I second dat..
laws bn jaenge...police kaam dhang se krne lgegi ...but d main thing dat needs to be changed is people's mentality...Every man should learn to respect women...Till d time men stop treating women as mere objects jinke saath vo kuch bhi kr skte hain tab tak kuch change nhi hoga...
not only men a woman should respect other woman as well
I m nt saying laws should not be strict..I agrre dat strict laws n responsible security system will bring about a change...for sure ... but at d same time ppl's mentality should be changed ...this is d need of d hour...bcoz We make a society...n Our thinking reflects d way a society shapes up...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

seraal

princessunara

IF-Stunnerz

princessunara

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

' which could include a provision like chemical castration of perpetrators of rape in rare cases'

^Meaning it will be barely used unless maybe there is a public outcry in every damn case?!

exactly!!

i would like to know something from these morons who make these laws..

a woman is raped in the same manner no matter how it happens right? so why the fuuck is the punishment going to be different?

if a medical examination on the victim and her own statement identifies the perpetrators why should it be applied only in 'rare' cases?
why not apply in every such instance?

as much as i don't wish this on any woman, i have this sadistic thought that if a chief minister's or PM's daughter was subjected to such a monstority then they will react!
they will not wait to find out if she was out on a disco with the boyfriend or not!!

the point should not be what the girl did to get raped! because nothing short of her asking a man to rape her would qualify that as a justifiable answer!
the point is that a woman is raped 'against' her wishes.
a woman is violated...

and therefore in every case the same violent punishment should be given to this heinous crime!Angry

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

i truly pray castration happens!!

woh cheez ke baremein itni naaz hai, woh cheez galat kaam karne keliye use kiya kyu na usse remove kare?
then let them live!! live a life of living hell!!Angry

Originally posted by MS-meghasharma

just read this.I hope it happens atleast the castration part.

Congress suggests chemical castration as punishment for rape

Published: Sunday, Dec 30, 2012, 15:17 IST 
Place: New Delhi | Agency: PTI

As outrage against the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, Congress has decided to propose a tougher law to check crimes against women which could include a provision like chemical castration of perpetrators of rape in rare cases. The final draft of the Congress' bill, which is to be submitted to the Justice JS Verma-led Committee set up by the Centre in the wake of the horrific incident on December 16, has not, however been readied yet, sources said.

Some of the provisions of this tougher law include imprisonment up to 30 years for rape convicts and setting up of fast track-courts to decide the cases within 3 months and were discussed in the presence of party chief Sonia Gandhi on December 23 when she had held a meeting with a group of people protesting against the gang-rape incident.

Sonia Gandhi-led National Advisory Council, which has framed and helped frame many a landmark legislations like RTI, is likely to be involved in the whole exercise. Sources said the women and child development ministry headed by Krishna Tirath held a marathon meet with stakeholders on the issue on Friday during which several suggestions were made.

The ministry will now prepare a summary of the suggestions received and will submit it to the Justice Verma-headed three-member committee set up to review existing laws make recommendations changes in them to effectively check crimes against women. "There is no government draft till now. The summary that we submit to the JS Verma Committee will be the first written document on which the new law will be based," sources said.

In the meeting with the protesters at her 10 Janpath residence, Gandhi had favoured fast track courts for trying rape cases with a 90-day cap while Renuka Chowhdary had made a strong pitch for chemical castration to rape accused saying such a punishment is already in practice in various countries and that it had a deterrent effect, sources said.

There is also a suggestion to re-define the juvenile and lower their age. One of the accused in the ghastly rape case, who inflicted maximum brutality on the victim, is a juvenile and aged a few months less than 18 years. A view has been expressed by a section that only those aged below 15 years should be described as juvenile.

The proposal of the women and child ministry will undergo legal scrutiny and an ordinance is likely to be brought after the proposal is vetted by the home and the law ministry. Since the next session of Parliament is over two months away, the government is contemplating bringing the ordinance, an issue discussed in the last two core group meetings of Congress on December 24 and 29, sources said

link to articlehttp://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_congress-suggests-chemical-castration-as-punishment-for-rape_1783459

I am sorry but I do not believe that this is the solution.  You can chemically castrate a rapist but you cannot chemically castrate their minds.  As this is where the majority of the problem lies.  Chemically castrating them will not stop them from committing further crimes.  I am sorry, but we have seen where anger, depraved minds and the need to teach someone a lesson has left us.  I really don't want to read months or years from now how an attacker "treated" for his crime has gone out and committed an even more heinous crime.

seraal

S.Stephy

IF-Dazzler

S.Stephy

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:37am | IP Logged
http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/MP-BHO-delhi-gang-rape-she-should-have-submitted-to-rape-says-woman-scientist-4128063-NOR.html
Khargone: In a shocking reaction to the Delhi gang-rape victim, Dr. Anita Shukla ironically blamed the victim herself for the crime committed; at a seminar in Khargone,M.P. The police department had called for a seminar on the topic, 'Sensitivity towards women'.
Continuing with her blames she said, 'Women instigate men to commit such crimes'. She accused the victim of being insensible as she was out of her house after 10 pm. Shukla claimed that if a girl wanders late at night with her boyfriend; such situations are bound to happen.
Ironically, most of the senior officials chose to remain silent in reaction to these comments. Shukla asserted that police cannot give extreme protection to every citizen at all times. She said, 'The victim should have surrendered when surrounded by six men, at least it could have saved her intestines'.
When Bhaskar contacted her again after the seminar on why she made such insensitive comments, she mentioned that she has her sympathies with the victim. However, women ought to be extremely vigilant and conscientious under extreme circumstances.
Shukla is the Secretary of Lions Club and an agricultural scientist by profession.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Its pathetic how the girl is expected to tolerate the rape!! Such is the mind-set still prevalent in some people!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mehar_miaprincessunaraNikki_Titli

Pri_kinmuk

Goldie

Pri_kinmuk

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/rape-assault-rights-s-politicians-said-in-2012/312791-3.html

Read this article...

Its shocking !!!!! This is what the leader's of India have to say...

Is this the solution they have ??!!!!

Why are they still in power in spite of making such comments ??? Angry Angry

Edited by Pri_kinmuk - 30 December 2012 at 8:34am

Nikki_Titli

princessunara

IF-Stunnerz

princessunara

Originally posted by Xarina

Originally posted by princessunara

i truly pray castration happens!!

woh cheez ke baremein itni naaz hai, woh cheez galat kaam karne keliye use kiya kyu na usse remove kare?
then let them live!! live a life of living hell!!Angry

Originally posted by MS-meghasharma

just read this.I hope it happens atleast the castration part.

Congress suggests chemical castration as punishment for rape

Published: Sunday, Dec 30, 2012, 15:17 IST 
Place: New Delhi | Agency: PTI

As outrage against the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, Congress has decided to propose a tougher law to check crimes against women which could include a provision like chemical castration of perpetrators of rape in rare cases. The final draft of the Congress' bill, which is to be submitted to the Justice JS Verma-led Committee set up by the Centre in the wake of the horrific incident on December 16, has not, however been readied yet, sources said.

Some of the provisions of this tougher law include imprisonment up to 30 years for rape convicts and setting up of fast track-courts to decide the cases within 3 months and were discussed in the presence of party chief Sonia Gandhi on December 23 when she had held a meeting with a group of people protesting against the gang-rape incident.

Sonia Gandhi-led National Advisory Council, which has framed and helped frame many a landmark legislations like RTI, is likely to be involved in the whole exercise. Sources said the women and child development ministry headed by Krishna Tirath held a marathon meet with stakeholders on the issue on Friday during which several suggestions were made.

The ministry will now prepare a summary of the suggestions received and will submit it to the Justice Verma-headed three-member committee set up to review existing laws make recommendations changes in them to effectively check crimes against women. "There is no government draft till now. The summary that we submit to the JS Verma Committee will be the first written document on which the new law will be based," sources said.

In the meeting with the protesters at her 10 Janpath residence, Gandhi had favoured fast track courts for trying rape cases with a 90-day cap while Renuka Chowhdary had made a strong pitch for chemical castration to rape accused saying such a punishment is already in practice in various countries and that it had a deterrent effect, sources said.

There is also a suggestion to re-define the juvenile and lower their age. One of the accused in the ghastly rape case, who inflicted maximum brutality on the victim, is a juvenile and aged a few months less than 18 years. A view has been expressed by a section that only those aged below 15 years should be described as juvenile.

The proposal of the women and child ministry will undergo legal scrutiny and an ordinance is likely to be brought after the proposal is vetted by the home and the law ministry. Since the next session of Parliament is over two months away, the government is contemplating bringing the ordinance, an issue discussed in the last two core group meetings of Congress on December 24 and 29, sources said

link to articlehttp://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_congress-suggests-chemical-castration-as-punishment-for-rape_1783459

I am sorry but I do not believe that this is the solution.  You can chemically castrate a rapist but you cannot chemically castrate their minds.  As this is where the majority of the problem lies.  Chemically castrating them will not stop them from committing further crimes.  I am sorry, but we have seen where anger, depraved minds and the need to teach someone a lesson has left us.  I really don't want to read months or years from now how an attacker "treated" for his crime has gone out and committed an even more heinous crime.

No it will!!

because castration of one monster will make sure 90% of the future monsters will think not once or twice but million times before they lay a finger on another girl!

this punishment is not about the 10% or so which would not be stopped through this, but about the 90% or so who will in fear of punishment will stop!

so at least right now violence should be answered in violence.

becasue the point of preaching is long past. rapists r continuing what they do becasue they know there is no real punisment!

so i will fight through whatever means i can until it can be done..

a pity or not  i do not live in india so cannot walk along the rest to protest...i wish i could...

i am a person who doesn't condone death penalty for a murderer...but i ask more than death penalty for a rapist!
a living breathing death, a whole life of living hell...nothing less!!

take away the very thing they used to rape a girl! they r so proud of their manhood! so let's see how many men would be brave enough to risk their so called manhood to rape another girl in future if this can be done!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Shailesh_Rathitahera57-Raichu-.DarkParadise..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top