Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 490

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -aakanksha-

We are organising a protest march called #SAVE WOMEN, SAVE INDIA#
VENUE: INDIA GATE
DATE AND DAY: 22nd DEC, SATURDAY
TIMINGS : 9 am onwards

I'm in the states, so unfortunately cannot make it. But good luck to all the good men and women in India trying  to make a difference. If we stay strong and together, we can make a difference.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

keerthibjs1234JiaaReebhakti2-Siaa-NeejuParulRatiShivi-AngelaKaParI-anku-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 3)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

manis

Groupbie

manis

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
This honestly sickens me. I do not understand what they get out of this, poor girl. My heart goes out to her. Its disappointing to be an indian when people worldwide respect us for our so called morals when really we have some of the worst crimes. I don't understand why the person that has been raped gets more shame than the person who did the raping, it makes no sense.

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

Mayur4eva1twilight_dawnsweetgirl_27aaliya172js1234JiaaReeAfflicteDmsb8891marzialovely_ladybhakti2-Siaa-sakshiksgipkkndfan30Neeju9staroneserialsritzy09ParulRatiShivitnusredey..DamonCrazy..ttrocks..SheWolf..

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AfflicteD

Credits: Google and Facebook

My question is why are women always blamed or why we always the ones who are forced to do things differently? Why???

Are we safe nowhere??? I read about this and all I can think is this really India where women are supposed to be highly respected. Kya yeh wohi Hindustan hai jahan pe hum auraton ki puja karte hain?? Is it???

The following 33 member(s) liked the above post:

Mayur4eva1sweetgirl_27aaliya172myriamJiaaReeAfflicteDjs1234msb8891marziaParm.munnihyderabadlovely_ladybhakti2-Siaa-Essence..vellainsaansakshiksgGayathri_MSKNeejukomal07ParulRatiShiviLaila2009ritzy09-AngelaKaParI-tnusredeyttrocksJustlikethat1..DamonCrazy..-Prashu-..SheWolf..nikita_88..AnushaGeet...shinchan.

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
On the other hand, my heart goes out to the poor girl. She should not have had to experience such violence. I hope she pulls through with both her life and her senses. Do not let such violence destroy you. I may be all the way out in Canada, but my heart goes out to you.

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetgirl_27aaliya172keerthibMayur4eva1msb8891myriamAfflicteDmunnihyderabadpreetiebhakti29staroneserialsritzy09-AngelaKaParI-Justlikethat1..SheWolf..shibz..DamonCrazy..BHAVII

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -aakanksha-

We are organising a protest march called #SAVE WOMEN, SAVE INDIA#
VENUE: INDIA GATE
DATE AND DAY: 22nd DEC, SATURDAY
TIMINGS : 9 am onwards

Join the following protests and make your voice heard - 

19 December ? 11.00 AM ? In front of ITO Police Head Quarters

19 December ? 12.30 PM - at Chief Minister Sheila Dixit's house, 3 Motilal Place. Gather at Claridges Hotel near Race Course Metro station

19 December ? 5.00 PM ? India Gate (https://www.facebook.com/events/120378174795019/)

21 December ? 10.00 AM ? EVERYWHERE (https://www.facebook.com/events/550912308252559)

I wish I could fly to India just to join you, but I'm out here in Canada. However, I'll make sure my full extended family drives to Delhi. They aren't too far from Delhi and this is one protest where they would go even if it was far from where they are. My heart and soul will be at the rally even if I'm not there in person.

Edited by Shreya_luvs - 18 December 2012 at 2:43pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetgirl_27aaliya172bhakti29staroneserials-AngelaKaParI-ttrocks..DamonCrazy..anku-

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Sad part is also that the girl's condition is deteriorating. I am really hoping and praying she gets ok and joins us and LEADS us in this fight. She has to and those rotten ass***** have to be punished ASAP and an example has to be set. First castrate them, cut their hands and legs, make them stay in public place for some days and let them suffer and feel pain and then death penalty with no further plea applicable. Noways should it be made easy for them by giving death penalty alone straight away.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

ashnaMaharajaaliya172sweetgirl_27Mayur4eva1myriamAfflicteD-Siaa-veil_of_rosesLaila2009smartckashishk..DamonCrazy..-Prashu-..SheWolf..ttrocks..AnushaGeet..nikita_88

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Aakanksha I may not be able to come, but I can support you by advertising your rally everywhere on IF. Everyone please join in. Support the rally.

Edited by Shreya_luvs - 18 December 2012 at 3:08pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

aaliya172AfflicteDjs1234bhakti2Neeju9staroneserialsttrocks..DamonCrazy..

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 2:56pm | IP Logged

Rape Suspects Captured in Record Time, Delhi Police Say

By HARI KUMAR
Police officers locking the gate of a police station, during a protest on Tuesday, condemning the rape of a 23-year-old woman on Sunday.
Tsering Topgyal/Associated Press
Police officers locking the gate of a police station, during a protest on Tuesday, condemning the rape of a 23-year-old woman on Sunday.

Four men have been arrested in the rape of a woman and the beating of her male friend, after the police tracked down the bus in which the assaults took place, Delhi's police chief said Tuesday.

The particularly brutal nature of the crime has shaken up India. A young physiotherapy student was raped by several men and severely beaten in a moving bus on Sunday night. A male friend accompanying her, a network engineer with the outsourcing giant HCL, was also bludgeoned with iron rods. 
Both were thrown out of the moving bus after the assailants took the victims' belongings and clothes, the police said, and the two were transported in a police van to the hospital in a semiconscious state.

The police chief, Neeraj Kumar, said at a news conference on Tuesday that the male victim recalled that the bus was white, and closed-circuit television footage from a hotel showed a white bus displaying the word "Yadav," a common surname that refers to a certain caste.

The police, studying transport department records, found 370 white buses registered with the Delhi Transport Authority. Police teams started checking white buses in the city, locating one with "Yadav" on the side. That turned out to be the wrong bus, Mr. Kumar said, but the owner provided the location of a similar bus.

Police teams were sent to a slum area a few miles away from where the victims first boarded the bus. They found Ram Singh sitting in the driver's seat of the bus, Mr. Kumar said. He first denied any involvement in the crime but after a sustained interrogation he broke down and confessed, Mr. Kumar said.
According to a statement released by the Delhi police, Mr. Singh, who drove a chartered school bus during the week, and his helper, Akshay Thakur, had a small party on Sunday with Mr. Singh's younger brother, Mukesh, a driver and a cleaner.

The men decided to take a joy ride in the bus, and they were joined by another cleaner named Raju, Pawan Gupta, a fruit seller, and Vijay Sharma, who worked at a local gym. At a busy bus stand nearby in the Munirka neighborhood, they stopped and shouted for passengers. The two victims boarded the bus at 9:30 p.m., assuming it was one of the many private carriers that have contracts to ply Delhi's public bus system.

Soon after they boarded, the men on the bus started harassing the woman. When her friend objected, he was assaulted, injuring his head, arms and leg. The woman was dragged to the rear of the bus, where some of the men raped her.
The police are still looking for two suspects, Mr. Thakur and Raju, he said.

"We have solved the crime in record time," Mr. Kumar said Tuesday. "We will pray to court for a fast-track trial. We will also pray for the most severe punishment of life imprisonment."

Link: http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/rape-suspects-captured-in-record-time-police-say/

Edited by Shreya_luvs - 18 December 2012 at 2:55pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

shivandhniaaliya172AfflicteDParm.munnihyderabad-Siaa-bhakti29staroneserialskomal07smartcParulRatiShivi0-SD-0..SheWolf..ttrocksshibzkashishk

Post Reply New Post

Go to top