Members Lounge

India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 278)

joker83 IF-Dazzler
joker83
joker83

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
I've read some people say that this is an isolated incident and India is safe. No this is not an isolated incident. Girls are getting raped and sexually abused every day in India. It's just that not every rape makes to internet, media. This won't stop until they start hanging them publicly. You need to do something to prove something. Once they start hanging the culprits publicly then believe me the crime will decrease.

Edited by joker83 - 28 December 2012 at 7:45pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Loving2011.Vrish.yasrimoomin4455tahera57hkp11spate22ttrocks

nadaan_parindey Newbie
nadaan_parindey
nadaan_parindey

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
Feel so numb hearing this. This is beyond heartbreaking. RIP you brave and courageous angel. You may no longer be with us but, your vigor to live will always be remembered, and for your sake and every women out there, let's hope that change will be brought in society.  

Edited by nadaan_parindey - 28 December 2012 at 9:11pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tahera57spate22ttrocks

tahera57 IF-Rockerz
tahera57
tahera57

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by moomin4455

Originally posted by ..first.rain..

Originally posted by moomin4455

But you have to try and change the culture that leads to this type of crime and lets people get away with it:
India is still very patriarchal. There has to start being respect for females of all ages. To all the men out there: all women who are not your mother/sister/daughter are not wh**es. And if a woman is not rich doesn't mean that she is worthless. Respect her because you too came from a woman!

Corruption: How many palms are greased everyday that leads to perpetrators of crime get off scot free? The more people shout out and state that they are not happy about the current state of the justice system, the louder the voice...hopefully it may be the catalyst for change.

Times have changed. We are a smaller world and news travels fast. Indian people, in fact women all around the world will hear about the story of this brave, brave woman and they will judge India. I hope the Government, as the head of a country that is growing economically and in terms of it educated populous, I hope they are shamed into doing something to make women and girls of all ages feel safer. And this case, though well publicised, is by no means the end. Females endure this kind of suffering every day in cities and in rural areas. When they speak out they are shamed, labelled as prostitutes, sometimes even laughed at by the police. Their families bear the stigma of having an unwed, non-virgin, for a daughter and may even be ostracised from their communities.

The way the police dealt with people protesting in Dehli was just abhorrent. Unless a change in attitude doesn't come from the top and from the individuals in finding criminals and meting out justice, what hope do victims have of ever getting justice??

The problem is vast, but I hope that something can be done to properly start addressing it.

@bold- I have to agree to that 100% 

Without change in the views of people, nothing is going to happen. Female gender in India is highly undermined. Yes, it might be good to stay true to one's culture. But only when it comes to certain things! Time has changed. The world is changing. With that, few things need to change. Views being the most important. One should not take another lightly. And that too why? Only because she is an Indian female? I believe that to be absurd and I fight on that issue almost everyday in my real life! 

About judging India, if what others already think isn't bad enough, they have one more thing to talk about. I myself feel like telling some I know here in USA that India is not what it is shown to be. Then again, I feel ashamed to saw 'this' is how India is. 

If a man speaks up, action is taken on the spot. If a male was simply 'slapped' by a female, imagive the huccus they would create! Many ill things about the female would be said. And if male does the same? 'Oh, it's no big deal' is the answer given and then the female are left with a black spot on their character. Talk about fairness and justice! 

I really do pray that this matter is not left to simply 'rot'. Being in USA, I feel saddened to not able to help much. I do pray others in India raise their voices. 

I feel the same. I am in the US now and feel impotent to do anything of substance that will help the cause. I have been to India twice in my life and twice have been undermined as an educated woman. I have been afraid to travel alone and I know...I KNOW that I need to be travelling with a man in order to be taken seriously. I have seen my mother disrespected and be told to be quiet because as far as the other person was concerned my father is the only one worth speaking to.

This is not the way I want to feel about the country I originate from! I hear about rape stories and I understand that, shamefully, it's a way of life; that women, girls are vulnerable and that they will be subjected to this kind of abuse. And that is NOT RIGHT!!

This case has been written about so much in the media because of its especially brutal nature. Damini is dead, but she was brave enough to stay cognizant for long enough to give the police key information. I'm crying still..even as I write this. I cannot bear that she and females who have suffered and all women who want to travel freely, work freely be subjected to the terror of this crime. As far as I am concerned it stems directly from the complete lack of respect women receive from the hands of men and from the corruption that the country is rife with.

I am glad she is no longer suffering, but I grieve over the fact that she should have had a long and wonderful life. If that is no longer possible for her she needs justice!

i agree with all that is said above i m from uk since this incidence i've had no peace of mind ,we know rape happens regularly, in india and other places, w also know that it's not the only case that was brutal, the reason being it doesn't all come to the fore, not everyone stands up for themselves so strongly. thats why this case is in our face. the girl fought and stood by her statement so she could see the men who did this to her to get punished.
she will not rest in peace until not just her but all the rapists don't get punished  for their despicable act, justice for all victims of rape and abused is whats needed. 

then and only then people will breath a sigh of relief.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455-bharti-

Mrs.Peanuts IF-Stunnerz
Mrs.Peanuts
Mrs.Peanuts

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
i can't seem to stop running this mental picture of her parents crying.Cry
simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
Please don't let the cries die down!

A Heroine has Died

A heroine has died
But I hope that her death hasn't been in vain
That the furor sparked by the atrocity she suffered
Continues to spread and thrive until
Her sacrifice is avenged. 

For nobody deserves a death like hers
To have their bodies plundered
And their souls pillaged

It's high time to put an end to this mindless barbarism
To halt these acts of heinous violence
To let the cries for justice echo over and over
Till those morons wake up from their slumber and do something about it!

@simikrao

Please let the protests continue!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455tahera57hkp11ttrocks

clearmind1 Groupbie
clearmind1
clearmind1

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
it is such a bad morning my day started at 3 a.m. just heard on news about her demise and i wept couldnt sleep untill now its 8 in morning now i think the man asking hang me etc is doing drama dammit he says he is guilty for having beaten up the male friend ...arrey what about guilty of rape n the horrendous act of throwing like a couple of sacks two human beings?? its just his way of attempting to tug at sympathy wires in the very few ...dammit jaanwar hain kya ?yeh aakhir ladkiyo ko samajhtey kya hain aisey pathetic demented clad in human body pack of wolves type men...sochkar bhi kitna dukh hota hain i wonder where is maataraanii when such piece of crap are carrying out such deeds on women every single day all over india. besides i too feel that capital punishment wu be quick getaway for men like these but we cannot forget that atleast death punishment would warn the any damn future prospective rapist or a rrape planner that he will lose his life for it not just few years in jail with food n roof . what they should do is give her parents and the male friend tthe satisfaction of pulling down the lever of hanging on each n everyone of them!! and also air it l on nationall channel so that each male who is sitting home and who has the seeds of the disrespect towards women and are so casually in practice of eve teasing . can learn a life time lesson that rape is even worse than   MURDER BECOZ JUST LIKE WE SAY CAPITAL PUNISHMENT IS QUICK RELIEF SIMILARLY A RMUDER BECUMS A QUICK CRIME END OF LIFE FOR THE POOR   victim...likewise a     RAPE BECOMES A LIFE    MENTAL! PHYSICAL!SOCIAL! PUNISHMENT FOR THE POOR FEMALE IF   SURVIVES IT TOO   ...obviously they deserve to be hanged twice for it   !       ONE MORE IMPORTANT thing is that all women whichever class cast creed MUST imbibe and make sure of respect females in their    children   .    After all ll wanting a son as it is keeps the males unreasonably on a higher pedestal in such sick men s minds   . They begin their lives thinking selves to be superior somewhat coming to such a mentality, mindset for life.     I PRAY GOD REST HER SOUL IN PEACE THOUGH i dnt knw where god is n waiting for what point of level of sins in this world to come end the evils himself,...MEANWHILE I HOPE THE GOVERNMENT THE LAW WHICH WE CAN ONLY RELY ON TO BRING JUSTICE TO THE LOST LIFE AND GRIEVING PARENTS THE WELL DESERVED JUSTICE!! ITS NOT AN EYE FOR EYE ATTITUDE ITS JUST that we dont want more eyes lost in the same manner out of audacity of rogues and sheer leniency shown to     THIS BUNCH OF 6 PEOPLE!!!!my deep condolence for    the parents who had to undergo watching their daughter through this n for their irreparable loss      which can t get filled by the     deaths of the criminals but atleast it wu be a step towards ensuring that     no other s daughters go through such pain n demise!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

yasrimoomin4455tahera57spate22

bhanu_rekhag IF-Stunnerz
bhanu_rekhag
bhanu_rekhag

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
may her soul rest in piece. ..n the criminals get the most painful death which
anyone fears...
plz GOD. ..let my prayers come true

but after many brutal truths here in this thread. ..though many we already know but still it always make me feel why should I have to b a girl in such a place n society. ..where victims r criminals n criminals r royals. .

the worst every society n worst ever law..n saddest part is the country our people feel proud about culture is nothing but false facade n hypocrite. ..where to say women r worshipped but in reality that worship starts n stops in bed n using her as a sex object...nothing less nothing more..90% this is the condition rest r lucky enough to b out of this...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Loving2011tahera57spate22

sakmhlove Senior Member
sakmhlove
sakmhlove

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
She was a brave gal.may her soul rest in peace but the thing which is making me angry what abt murderers?the politicians r protecting them lyk they r their relatives.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

spate22

Go to top