Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 278)

Post Reply New Post

Page 278 of 490

Loving2011

Loving2011

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
After this incident happened, what do the Indian men think about the status of women in our culture? I have experienced sexual trauma, but have been made to feel crazy for not telling anyone. I'm sure there are many more Indian women like me.   Someone already mentioned that there is stigma associated with speaking up about rape. It's not just in India, but even Indian Americans don't feel safe to talk about these things. I know rich abcd boys that can take revenge on the girl that says she was raped and abused, and shut her up. Where do these men learn to treat women like animals? Their dads? Their moms? I'm not a man, so please tell me.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dancydreameryasrimoomin4455

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 278)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Saba-

IF-Rockerz

-Saba-

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
being a girl i can feel her pain... may her soul rest in peace. i want all rapist to be hanged till death. so sad...:(

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

spate22

IamSherLocked

IF-Rockerz

IamSherLocked

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
RIP and as i write this another girl must be getting raped and left to die :'(

ttrocks

IF-Stunnerz

ttrocks

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by scorpio10

RIP lil one ...

Sorry but why do I smell foul play out here ...How many of u ppl think that she might be murdered ...Becoz if she gone the case might turn weak ... or those @ss think the case will be forgotten and then left to rot ... 
I wouldnt be surprised if this is true... Honestly, I even have doubts about the timing of her death... Maybe she had lost it in Sufderjung Hosp. itself but to avoid public wrath, under the pretext of better treatment she was sent to Singapore... Even the Singapore Hospital authorities were not releasing proper updates on her health condition, so, this might all be well-scripted in advance to keep the commoners in dark... Who knows???

Anyways, the fact is - the fighter is gone... RIP sweetheart!! Sincere condolences to your family...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

heart1i5hytahera57hkp11scorpio10

joker83

Goldie

joker83

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
I've read some people say that this is an isolated incident and India is safe. No this is not an isolated incident. Girls are getting raped and sexually abused every day in India. It's just that not every rape makes to internet, media. This won't stop until they start hanging them publicly. You need to do something to prove something. Once they start hanging the culprits publicly then believe me the crime will decrease.

Edited by joker83 - 28 December 2012 at 7:45pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Loving2011.Vrish.tahera57yasrimoomin4455spate22hkp11ttrocks

nadaan_parindey

nadaan_parindey

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
Feel so numb hearing this. This is beyond heartbreaking. RIP you brave and courageous angel. You may no longer be with us but, your vigor to live will always be remembered, and for your sake and every women out there, let's hope that change will be brought in society.  

Edited by nadaan_parindey - 28 December 2012 at 9:11pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tahera57spate22ttrocks

tahera57

IF-Dazzler

tahera57

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by moomin4455

Originally posted by ..first.rain..

Originally posted by moomin4455

But you have to try and change the culture that leads to this type of crime and lets people get away with it:
India is still very patriarchal. There has to start being respect for females of all ages. To all the men out there: all women who are not your mother/sister/daughter are not wh**es. And if a woman is not rich doesn't mean that she is worthless. Respect her because you too came from a woman!

Corruption: How many palms are greased everyday that leads to perpetrators of crime get off scot free? The more people shout out and state that they are not happy about the current state of the justice system, the louder the voice...hopefully it may be the catalyst for change.

Times have changed. We are a smaller world and news travels fast. Indian people, in fact women all around the world will hear about the story of this brave, brave woman and they will judge India. I hope the Government, as the head of a country that is growing economically and in terms of it educated populous, I hope they are shamed into doing something to make women and girls of all ages feel safer. And this case, though well publicised, is by no means the end. Females endure this kind of suffering every day in cities and in rural areas. When they speak out they are shamed, labelled as prostitutes, sometimes even laughed at by the police. Their families bear the stigma of having an unwed, non-virgin, for a daughter and may even be ostracised from their communities.

The way the police dealt with people protesting in Dehli was just abhorrent. Unless a change in attitude doesn't come from the top and from the individuals in finding criminals and meting out justice, what hope do victims have of ever getting justice??

The problem is vast, but I hope that something can be done to properly start addressing it.

@bold- I have to agree to that 100% 

Without change in the views of people, nothing is going to happen. Female gender in India is highly undermined. Yes, it might be good to stay true to one's culture. But only when it comes to certain things! Time has changed. The world is changing. With that, few things need to change. Views being the most important. One should not take another lightly. And that too why? Only because she is an Indian female? I believe that to be absurd and I fight on that issue almost everyday in my real life! 

About judging India, if what others already think isn't bad enough, they have one more thing to talk about. I myself feel like telling some I know here in USA that India is not what it is shown to be. Then again, I feel ashamed to saw 'this' is how India is. 

If a man speaks up, action is taken on the spot. If a male was simply 'slapped' by a female, imagive the huccus they would create! Many ill things about the female would be said. And if male does the same? 'Oh, it's no big deal' is the answer given and then the female are left with a black spot on their character. Talk about fairness and justice! 

I really do pray that this matter is not left to simply 'rot'. Being in USA, I feel saddened to not able to help much. I do pray others in India raise their voices. 

I feel the same. I am in the US now and feel impotent to do anything of substance that will help the cause. I have been to India twice in my life and twice have been undermined as an educated woman. I have been afraid to travel alone and I know...I KNOW that I need to be travelling with a man in order to be taken seriously. I have seen my mother disrespected and be told to be quiet because as far as the other person was concerned my father is the only one worth speaking to.

This is not the way I want to feel about the country I originate from! I hear about rape stories and I understand that, shamefully, it's a way of life; that women, girls are vulnerable and that they will be subjected to this kind of abuse. And that is NOT RIGHT!!

This case has been written about so much in the media because of its especially brutal nature. Damini is dead, but she was brave enough to stay cognizant for long enough to give the police key information. I'm crying still..even as I write this. I cannot bear that she and females who have suffered and all women who want to travel freely, work freely be subjected to the terror of this crime. As far as I am concerned it stems directly from the complete lack of respect women receive from the hands of men and from the corruption that the country is rife with.

I am glad she is no longer suffering, but I grieve over the fact that she should have had a long and wonderful life. If that is no longer possible for her she needs justice!

i agree with all that is said above i m from uk since this incidence i've had no peace of mind ,we know rape happens regularly, in india and other places, w also know that it's not the only case that was brutal, the reason being it doesn't all come to the fore, not everyone stands up for themselves so strongly. thats why this case is in our face. the girl fought and stood by her statement so she could see the men who did this to her to get punished.
she will not rest in peace until not just her but all the rapists don't get punished  for their despicable act, justice for all victims of rape and abused is whats needed. 

then and only then people will breath a sigh of relief.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455-bharti-

prava55663

IF-Sizzlerz

prava55663

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
RIP

Post Reply New Post

Go to top