Members Lounge

Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 178)

Post Reply New Post

Page 178 of 490

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
Delhi gang-rape case: Victim takes a few steps with nurse's help

New Delhi: Amidst massive furore came a news of relief when the gang-rape victim got off the bed on Saturday evening and took a few steps with the help of a nurse. 

Doctors at Safdarjung hospital had earlier announced that the girl is now speaking and is extra-ordinarily stable. 

Giving health update, the doctors said that the 23-year-old victim has shown "improvement" and is "psychologically totally balanced", but the danger of infection spreading in her body continues. 

"Her WBC (white blood cell) count has improved. It is 2,600 it is better than yesterday. But blood platelet is lower than yesterday (Friday)," BD Athani, the medical superintendent of Safdarjung Hospital, told reporters here. He, however, did not give the blood platelet count. 

The normal white blood cell count range is from 4,000 to 11,000. On Friday, the woman's white blood cell count was1,500 and blood platelet was 61,000. 

He said that they are administering platelet rich plasma to the young woman. 

The victim is better than yesterday, more alert and is being able to talk. 

Doctors said that the young woman has been given sips of water and apple juice since this morning. 

"She has improved and is very alert compared to yesterday (Friday). She is active and communicating. She asked for water this morning. Her all parameters are optimum except reduction in platelet count," said another doctor, part of a multi-discipline medical team treating her. 

Also, for the first time, she was accessed by a team of psychologists. 

"Today, our psychiatry department team led by Dr Kuldip Kumar and Dr Abhilasha Yadav did preliminary psychology profile/assessment of the victim," Athani said. 

Explaining about her state, Kumar said: "We followed a sensitive approach to talk to her and preliminary investigations show that she is psychologically composed." 

"She is responding well but it is too early to say anything. She is psychologically extraordinary stable, optimistic and hopes of having a good future," said Kumar, a senior psychiatrist. 

"She is very brave and positive and optimistic about her future. Her biological functions are normal and psychologically she is totally balanced and composed," said Yadav. 

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

rimmi.strupat1rish.gsWhite.Pearl..Chanakya...i5hyMehar23tahera57bepatient-Raichu-MP_RadhaDexterkilaila.x-bumblebee-x.Xarinadesi_baby07zan101Sharif.BadmaashPayal-15riti4uNinja.Nikki_Titli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P (Page 178)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
She is showing exceptional composure and strength.  Long may she continue to improve and be an icon to all.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rimmi.s.AbhIyalicious.Nikki_Titli

nalonynnej

IF-Rockerz

nalonynnej

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 2:58pm | IP Logged

Polica are no different from the five men. They keep abusing the innocent protesters as those men tarnished that girl's life. Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rimmi.sNikki_Titli

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Guys, a member of IF named Petition has started a blog on self defense and rape victims support. It is in its nascent stage right now. But if you guys have any article/video/advice to offer, please post it on the blog. Anything and everything helps to support women in need! Thank you. 

Here's the link: http://savewomenindia.wordpress.com/

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

trupat1nalonynnejXarinaNinja.Nikki_Titli

nalonynnej

IF-Rockerz

nalonynnej

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Wow, no wonder netas are protecting these men. They're rapists too. Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikki_Titli

Payal-15

IF-Stunnerz

Payal-15

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
OMG...this incidence leaves you speechless. shocked, hurt...I cant even begin to imagine what the girl must be going through...Ouch

Those 6 accused and the driver...they deserve capital punishment...even worse if possible...

I wish Delhi Police wakes up now atleast...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikki_Titli

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -bharti-

Good Samaritan laws 
It is time to bring in the good samaritan laws as in France.  These 
are laws or acts offering legal protection to people who give reasonable assistance to those who are injured, ill, in peril, or otherwise incapacitated. In some cases, Good Samaritan laws oblige people to offer assistance (duty to rescue). The protection is intended to reduce bystanders' hesitation to assist, for fear of being sued or prosecuted for unintentional injury or wrongful death.

In India, the problem w/ good Samaritan laws is that the Samaritans are usually the first target of police.  If you see someone lying bleeding on the road and take him/her to a hospital and later report to the police the circumstances in which you found him, they will make you the first suspects b4 they look @ anyone else.  People do have a heart, but who in his/her right mind will want his whole life to be disrupted by a criminal investigation if s/he is innocent?

That's the difference b/w India & the West.  Out there, people are encouraged & obliged to step up to help others - for instance, in the US, if you see an accident happening in front of you and you happen to be the first car(s) behind it, you are expected to stop & reach out to the potentially injured.  (Of course, @ the same time, rubbernecking is discouraged).  But nobody would suspect you of foul play if you did that.  Don't try doing it in India, however noble it is.

But there needs to be a complete purge of all police departments, and they need to be completely independent of central & state governments - need to be autonomous and all criminal elements within them flushed out.  Only then can they be expected to aggressively enforce law & order.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehar23-bharti-

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by priyahmt

That 'rarest f rare case' confuses me..they are just trying to escape frm fire which is spreading to every part f nation

Why rarest of rare?  Do they have too many rapists in their families?  Wouldn't surprise me in the least

Post Reply New Post

Go to top