Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NandzLuv thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
In an interview on Republic Day TV actress Rupali Ganguly said ,

"I am very proud to be an Indian but unfortunately I feel ashamed that I am ruled today by a government which is corruption and scam ridden, which fails to protect women and children, which fails to prevent female infanticide and feticide. I am ashamed today I cannot hold my head high and celebrate the nation so rich in culture, heritage, history, diversity. A great nation built with great sacrifices of leaders like Bose, Patel, Tilak, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru etc... "Weren't we better under the British rule?"
There is only caste and religion politics today. Divide and rule was then, divide and rule is now... But money laundering and selfishness and lack of leadership is only today."

Every word she said absolutly right , especially "Weren't we better under the british rule"
Edited by NandyLove - 11 years ago
Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
The same as the public outcry and protests after the intial attack made the police and government sit up and take notice of a crime which would have somehow been brushed under the carpet, the right minded peoples of india need to gather and make a change here.   Judge him not by his age but by the crime committed by him.  Petty theft this wasn't. 
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Have those men been punished yet? And bout the juvenile one he still has to get punished. Here in the UK you can be arrested form the age of 11 and be sent to a prison for people under 18. Why can't india do the same?

This disgusting when will Jyoti get peace?
DushtKanya thumbnail
Indian government is sleeping or what?

We want justice for the girl!!!
Edited by Ipkknd_ArHi - 11 years ago
NandzLuv thumbnail

Gang-rape victim's kin appalled as 6th accused declared minor

The family of the Delhi gang-rape victim expressed shock on Monday and termed the juvenile justice board's (JJB) decision of ruling the sixth accused in the case as minor as "unfortunate" and said that they would challenge it in the court.

"The family would consult legal experts and challenge the matter in the relevant court," the brother of the girl told over phone from Delhi.

"The family is not ready to accept that the sixth accused get anything less than death penalty," the brother said, adding that the minor accused should also get the same punishment of death penalty for which the central government should make necessary changes in the law.

"How can the family accept that the main accused is let off with a mere three year imprisonment," he asked.

On the decision of the juvenile board, the brother said that it is based on his school documents whereas he should have been sent for medical examination.

He expressed apprehension of some kind of "fraud" in mentioning the date of birth in school documents and alleged that the minor accused was the one who had played the main role in the incident.

Earlier on Monday, the sixth accused in the case was declared by the JJB in Delhi as a "minor", which would enable him to walk free by June 4, this year when he attains the age of 18 years.

The accused, who was described as the most brutal of the six accused by the Delhi Police in its charge sheet, was declared as 17 years and six months and 24 days-old (as of today) by the JJB, which relied on his birth certificate and school documents produced before it.

Section 15 (g) of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act mandates that a juvenile aged between 16-18 years if convicted of any offence can be sentenced to be sent to a special home for a period of three years at the maximum, and, thereafter, be released on probation.

However, section 16 of the Act also provides that a juvenile can only be kept at the special home till he attains 18 years of age and he cannot be sent to jail thereafter, which in effect will result in his release.

The JJB also rejected the police's plea for bone ossification test of the sixth accused for determining his age.

Lawyers appearing for the prosecution said they appeal against the JJB order in a higher court.

Earlier on January 15, the principal of the school, from where the juvenile had droppoed out, had submitted before the JJB that as per the school records he is 17 years and six months-old.
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow hats off to great Indian judiciary system
NandzLuv thumbnail
FRnds, totally totally i am out of t

After reading the news , the 6th accused might be released ,

"section 16 of the Act also provides that a juvenile can only be kept at the special home till he attains 18 years of age and he cannot be sent to jail thereafter, which in effect will result in his release. "

OMG , soo all the  juvenile's in tis country can make lots nd lots of crimes Woww fantastic country ..
Jst salute nd gve high claps...enjoy celebrate ...bas***ds 😡

f**k out the law  shit 😡

My heart s worried nd sheading tears ðŸ˜­ fr the brave heart gal whosacrificed her life goin to end n no meaningless way... finally

I can say no God in tis world present , if so he exists , he supports fr the criminals nt fr the victims.

Wht we r goin to do , if he s gonna be released tis country will face serious prblm...I just want to move away frm tis country...I was proud to be an Indian..Bt nw noo never
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow so sixth accused is being freed to rape many more gals
NandzLuv thumbnail

Family wants all six accused hanged

A Juvenile Justice Board today ruled that one of the six accused in the Delhi gang-rape case is indeed a juvenile and will be tried in the case as a minor. The family of the medical student, who was allegedly raped by the six people, reacted saying they would challenge the "unfortunate" decision.

"To leave somebody who did this to us is also a crime. We will go to court. We will do everything that we need to do," the girl's father said after the Juvenile Justice Board's decision.

"The punishment should not be less even if he is a juvenile. They all deserve the same punishment. They all should be hanged," he said.

The girl's brother told the Press Trust of India that the family would consult legal experts and "challenge the matter in the relevant court."

"The family is not ready to accept that the sixth accused get anything less than death penalty," he said.

The six men are accused of gang-raping and brutally murdering a 23-year-old medical student in a moving bus on December 16 last year. The incident sparked outrage in the country and people took to the streets to demand the most stringent punishment for the accused. Many have demanded the death penalty.

'Amanat' (NOT her real name) fought for her life in hospital for 13 days, but her injuries were too severe and she died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.

All the accused were arrested within days of the horrific assault. The case was committed to a fast-track court on January 17.
NandzLuv thumbnail
Tis inicdent happend in coimbatore

Father awarded life term for sexually abusing daughter

Coimbatore: A 50-year-old man was on Monday sentenced to life imprisonment for sexually abusing his teenaged daughter and impregnating her twice.

Delivering the judgement Mahila Court Judge M P Subramanian also awarded seven years rigorous imprisonment to Palanisamy, an autorickshaw driver, for threatening the girl of dire consequences if she told anyone. However, the sentences would go concurrently, the judge said.

The prosecution stated that the 17-year old girl was sexually abused by her father since 2007.

The man used to abuse the girl when her mother, working in a private factory, used to be on night shift. He had threatened the girl that he would kill her if she informed her mother.

Unable to put up with the abuse, the girl lodged a complaint with the police in 2009 in which she said she had undergone an abortion once and a six-month old foetus was removed surgically.

The Judge held Palanisamy guilty of the charges of rape and holding out murder threat. The man, however, pleaded not guilty.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/father-awarded-life-term-for-sexually-abusing-daughter-323367?pfrom=home-topstories