Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
wow wow that ðŸ¤¬  can say it was damini's fault as she didn't take god's name..so god didn't save her..and still that moron is breathing on fresh air without losing his position..why i am living in this society??
shruthi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i just want to ask that deranged man how come a chile of 6yrs who is raped at fault? how come a child of 6months who is raped is at fault?
and it was a woman who is a spokeswoman for that man who was defending his words and pointed that a woman out at night with her boyfriend is characterless. thses kind of people should be pelted with stones. what else can we expect from a man who is himself a criminal hiding behind a mask of religion
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
there are several examples where own brother and father raped the girl..then how would the rapists consider her if she addressed them as brother??

those rapists are product of this mentality ..where some leading people of society makes those remarks and don't get punished
wind453 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Chhattisgarh home minister blames 'stars' for crime against women

PTI | Jan 8, 2013, 01.38 PM IST

RAIPUR: Facing flak for the Kanker rape case, Chhattisgarh home minister Nanki Ram Kanwar has landed himself in a spot by saying that crimes against women were happening as their stars were in adverse positions, a remark termed as childish and vulgar by the state Congress.

"We have no answer to this rising spate of crimes against women. Stars are not in position," Kanwar told reporters in Raipur.

"Harm can come on a person if the stars are in adverse positions...We have no answer to this, only an astrologer can predict," the state home minister said.

Kanwar's remarks on Monday came after opposition Congress in Chhattisgarh demanded dismissal of the BJP government over the issue of the alleged rape on minor inmates of a government-run residential school for tribal girls in Kanker district, which came to light following a complaint on Saturday.

Asked about the home minister's remarks, chief minister Raman Singh today quipped, "Now, what do I say on this."

State Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel called Kanwar's comments as childish and vulgar.

A delegation of Congress leaders, led by Patel, had on Monday met Chhattisgarh governor Shekhar Dutt and demanded dismissal of the state government, saying it has failed to ensure safety of the girls living in residential schools.

In a memorandum to the governor, the party said that everybody was shocked by the incident of rape of inmates of Tribal Girls Pre-matric Hostel in Narharpur area of Kanker.

Two persons, including a teacher, have been arrested for allegedly raping minor inmates of the government-run residential school, according to police.

Accused Mannu Ram Gota, 24, a contractual teacher, was arrested on Sunday night from a forest area of Narharpur, Superintendent of Police Rahul Bhagat said, adding that school watchman Deenaram had also been taken into custody in the case for sexually abusing the girls for several months.

Medical examination has confirmed rape of nine out of the 40 students, who are residing at the hostel located in Narharpur police station limits, he said. Medical tests were still underway.

The Chhattisgarh government has ordered a high-level probe into the incident and Director General of Police Ramniwas has deputed IPS officer Neetu Kamal to investigate it. Stringent action will be taken against those who will be found guilty after the probe, the DGP said.

Meanwhile, services of both the accused along with hostel warden Babita Markam have been terminated by the district collector.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/raipur/Chhattisgarh-home-minister-blames-stars-for-crime-against-women/articleshow/17938053.cms😡

I wish along with the Rapist such politicians too are  hanged 😡

Har_cutedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: NandyLove

Whtever the question u raised the reply is ????? or don't knw

The case will get to finish tis mnth end as said before

Dont knw
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Dear friends
Kindly take a look at this link which is a protest worldwide on feb 14 against the violence directed at women..   

http://www.onebillionrising.org/pages/toolkit
NandzLuv thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Nandita feels death sentence can't stop rapes

nandita das

Social activist and actress Nandita Das believes that death sentence cannot act as a deterrence against a crime like rape.

"I don't believe that death sentence is a solution to stop this because the conviction rate in our country is so low," the 43-year-old said here Monday at the Janki Devi Bajaj Puraskar ceremony.

Recently the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi, who died of her injuries in a Singapore hospital, shocked everyone and triggered nationwide protests demanding new law for the culprits of such crimes.

"Despite all that has been happening, there are still reports of such crimes (rapes) still happening," she said.

Nandita said there are other ways that should instead be adopted.

"In other countries such reports have been filed which state that death sentence has not lowered the graph of such crimes. In fact, the countries where such crimes happen less, they don't even have any such thing as death sentence. Such criminals should instead be brought to speedy trial, social humiliation and other such things," she suggested.

Nandita is aghast at current statements by many that hold women responsible for rapes.

"This accusation that some people have been flinging these days that these crimes and rapes happen because girls wear skirts and other such clothes is utter nonsense. If this was true, then no village woman would be raped," said Nandita who in "Bawandar" played the role of Bhanwari Devi, a low-caste woman from a village in Rajasthan who was allegedly gang-raped in 1992.

Claiming an example from her piece of work, Nandita said, "I made film 'Bawandar' on Bhanwari Devi. Even her face used to be covered, this (rape) should not have happened with her then."

"We hear of a three-year-old girl being raped. Was she found in some nightclub? We should not shame ourselves by giving such excuses," she added.

CrazyForAshish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i m stil in shock to knw that some r still telling itz girls mistake..
I hve lost my controle nw.. If someone this such a thing front of me for sure i knw my hands will talk no matter which idot he is..uff...!!
Nach_Baliye thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the articles. Nandita Das talks about how death penalty will not help, but what is her solution? She should talk about solutions rather than what will not work.
Minionite thumbnail

Death sentence can't stop rapes: Nandita Das

Death sentence can't stop rapes: Nandita Das
Social activist and actress Nandita Das believes that death sentence cannot act as a deterrence against a crime like rape.

"I don't believe that death sentence is a solution to stop this because the conviction rate in our country is so low," the 43-year-old said at an award ceremony.

Recently the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi, who died of her injuries in a Singapore hospital, shocked everyone and triggered nationwide protests demanding new law for the culprits of such crimes.

"Despite all that has been happening, there are still reports of such crimes (rapes) still happening," she said.

Nandita said there are other ways that should instead be adopted.

"In other countries such reports have been filed which state that death sentence has not lowered the graph of such crimes. In fact, the countries where such crimes happen less, they don't even have any such thing as death sentence. Such criminals should instead be brought to speedy trial, social humiliation and other such things," she suggested.

Nandita is aghast at current statements by many that hold women responsible for rapes.

"This accusation that some people have been flinging these days that these crimes and rapes happen because girls wear skirts and other such clothes is utter nonsense. If this was true, then no village woman would be raped," said Nandita who in "Bawandar" played the role of Bhanwari Devi, a low-caste woman from a village in Rajasthan who was allegedly gang-raped in 1992.

Claiming an example from her piece of work, Nandita said, "I made film 'Bawandar' on Bhanwari Devi. Even her face used to be covered, this (rape) should not have happened with her then."

"We hear of a three-year-old girl being raped. Was she found in some nightclub? We should not shame ourselves by giving such excuses," she added.