Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 10:31am | IP Logged
While watching episode two I had a doubt. Is Lord Brahma the same actor who played Vasishta from NDTV Imagine's Ramayan? While watching his expressions that's what I felt, but I wasn't sure.

I'll post pictures if that will help.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhisita11-Suni-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Lord Brahma "Vasishta" from Ramayan?" in Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sita11

IF-Stunnerz

sita11

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Yes Janaki ur right ,he is the same actor ...
This show is by Sagar arts ...so the actors of RAMAYAN will b seen in this show ...even Amit Pachauri is also there who is playing Lord SHIVA...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sita11

Yes Janaki ur right ,he is the same actor ...
This show is by Sagar arts ...so the actors of RAMAYAN will b seen in this show ...even Amit Pachauri is also there who is playing Lord SHIVA...

Yes, I am happy this show is by Sagar Arts, because Sagar Arts shows have less bloopers than Sagar Pictures.Smile Even Romanch Mehta (Lavanasur and Narantak of Ramayan) will be seen as Devi Kathyayani's father in this show.

Vishakha_Sakhi

sita11

IF-Stunnerz

sita11

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Yes, I am happy this show is by Sagar Arts, because Sagar Arts shows have less bloopers than Sagar Pictures.Smile Even Romanch Mehta (Lavanasur and Narantak of Ramayan) will be seen as Devi Kathyayani's father in this show.

thanks for this info
u quite know a lot of details
 and yes Sagar arts is much better than Sagar pictures Smile

..RamKiJanaki..

.Reshama.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Reshama.

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged

thanks for this info
can u tell me what the differents is between Sagar arts and Sagar pictures???

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.Vishakha_Sakhi

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Reshama.

thanks for this info

Nowadays the difference is not too wide, but Sagar Arts is the original production house started by Dr. Ramanand Sagarji in the 1980s. Sagar Pictures was created by a few of his sons who broke away from the family business to start their own production house. Both productions houses are owned by Ramanand Sagar's sons and grandsons, but Sagar Arts is generally more accurate and reliable than Sagar Pictures, although their shows also have their share of bloopers. Sagar Pictures however doesn't stop at "bloopers". It blatantly makes up far-fetched stories that never happened, not just once or twice but throughout the epic. For example, in their Jai Shri Krishna, they created several rakshasas for Bal Krishna to kill because people loved Dhriti Bhatia so much. They dragged the Bal Krishna phase ridiculously long and showed only a handful episodes on teen Krishna.

After that they made Mahavir Hanuman, which was a mockery of Lord Hanuman's tale because of the fiction they showed. In their Dwarkadheesh, they completely ousted Rukmini's character from the show and during the tulabharam track, they made Jambavathi break Satyabhama's pride. Also, they created this whole long track on Sudama's wife wherein she was a negative character and caused problems for him. Now in their currently running Ramayan, they have sidetracked Lakshman's character and gave most of his lines and duties to Ram, and they also made up several stories that dragged the unimportant scenes of Ramayan and rushed the important ones. Currently they are showing this ridiculous Kevat track where Kevat's wife stops him from taking Ram across the river, and Kevat goes along with her. Then his both starts drowning for some reason and Ram has to swim into the river to get it out.

It's just stuff like that, and in the end audience gets so sick and tired of their disrespect towards the mythos that they stop watching them, and then the channel pulls the plug.

Sagar Arts is nowhere near being perfect, but in comparison they have made a lot more successful shows, both mythological and historical. NDTV Imagine's Ramayan and Chandragupta Maurya were made by them, and were very well received by the audience. Prithviraj Chauhan, which was another superhit historical show, was also by Sagar Arts. Mahima Shani Dev Ki was relatively successful as well, though it had more fiction than fact compared to SA's other shows (probably because Shani Dev's story is not long enough to be made into a daily TV show). The only exception to Sagar Arts good reputation is Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali, which is total fiction. It's no different from Sagar Pictures' Mahavir Hanuman and I'm quite shocked and disappointed that Sagar Arts could have made another show.

So whether Jai Jag Janani Durga Ma improves the Sagars' reputation is for us to see, but I do hope it becomes a success and the story is at least 80% accurate. It's an interesting purana and could really grab viewers' interest. The sets and effects are also beautiful.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Akki_KundalVishakha_Sakhi.Reshama.

.Reshama.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Reshama.

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 1:45am | IP Logged

thanks for this info

Nowadays the difference is not too wide, but Sagar Arts is the original production house started by Dr. Ramanand Sagarji in the 1980s. Sagar Pictures was created by a few of his sons who broke away from the family business to start their own production house. Both productions houses are owned by Ramanand Sagar's sons and grandsons, but Sagar Arts is generally more accurate and reliable than Sagar Pictures, although their shows also have their share of bloopers. Sagar Pictures however doesn't stop at "bloopers". It blatantly makes up far-fetched stories that never happened, not just once or twice but throughout the epic. For example, in their Jai Shri Krishna, they created several rakshasas for Bal Krishna to kill because people loved Dhriti Bhatia so much. They dragged the Bal Krishna phase ridiculously long and showed only a handful episodes on teen Krishna.

After that they made Mahavir Hanuman, which was a mockery of Lord Hanuman's tale because of the fiction they showed. In their Dwarkadheesh, they completely ousted Rukmini's character from the show and during the tulabharam track, they made Jambavathi break Satyabhama's pride. Also, they created this whole long track on Sudama's wife wherein she was a negative character and caused problems for him. Now in their currently running Ramayan, they have sidetracked Lakshman's character and gave most of his lines and duties to Ram, and they also made up several stories that dragged the unimportant scenes of Ramayan and rushed the important ones. Currently they are showing this ridiculous Kevat track where Kevat's wife stops him from taking Ram across the river, and Kevat goes along with her. Then his both starts drowning for some reason and Ram has to swim into the river to get it out.

It's just stuff like that, and in the end audience gets so sick and tired of their disrespect towards the mythos that they stop watching them, and then the channel pulls the plug.

Sagar Arts is nowhere near being perfect, but in comparison they have made a lot more successful shows, both mythological and historical. NDTV Imagine's Ramayan and Chandragupta Maurya were made by them, and were very well received by the audience. Prithviraj Chauhan, which was another superhit historical show, was also by Sagar Arts. Mahima Shani Dev Ki was relatively successful as well, though it had more fiction than fact compared to SA's other shows (probably because Shani Dev's story is not long enough to be made into a daily TV show). The only exception to Sagar Arts good reputation is Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali, which is total fiction. It's no different from Sagar Pictures' Mahavir Hanuman and I'm quite shocked and disappointed that Sagar Arts could have made another show.

So whether Jai Jag Janani Durga Ma improves the Sagars' reputation is for us to see, but I do hope it becomes a success and the story is at least 80% accurate. It's an interesting purana and could really grab viewers' interest. The sets and effects are also beautiful.
thank u for ur answer...=)

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 7:35pm | IP Logged

thanks for this info

Reshma

We had discussed it a bit in this thread in DBSK (which was a Sagar Pictures production, like the current Ramayan on Zee TV)

It's closed, since Imagine is now closed

Vishakha_Sakhi

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.