Noor By Geo Tv - The Turkish Humsafar *edited*

mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Guys, check out this article and do comment.

Edited by mary78613 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Noor and Muhannad observe Ramadan, and their marriage is arranged by Muhannad's grandfather but the characters break with tradition in other ways. Characters are shown drinking wine with dinner, partying, and kissing onscreen which has been deemed inappropriate for younger audiences such as children.[2][3] Female characters do not wear headscarves, and none of the main characters are shown praying.[4] Muhannad had sex (and an illegitimate child) before marrying Noor, and one of his cousins has an abortion.[2][4] Perhaps most significantly, Noor and Muhannad's marriage is depicted (in an idealized way) as a modern partnership between equals, in which Muhannad supports his wife's career ambitions as a fashion designer.[2][5] While such qualities are present in all popular Turkish TV shows, the relaxed attitude towards Islam is new and interesting to the conservative groups in the Muslim World. The AP reports that the show "seems particularly effective in changing attitudes because it offers new content in a familiar setting: Turkey is a Muslim country, inviting stronger viewer identification than Western TV imports."[5]

The most conservative of Muslim religionists argue the show is un-Islamic, even though some scenes are toned down for consumption in Arab countries.[5] Saudi Arabia's leading cleric, Sheik Abdul Aziz al-Asheik, has instructed Muslims to avoid watching the show.[2] Hamed Bitawi, a Hamas legislator and preacher, has also spoken against it.[5]

From wikipedia 

Edited by --Nida-- - 11 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail
Woah, so im guessing this isnt worth watching?
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

Woah, so im guessing this isnt worth watching?

No idea. Abortion, miscarraiges, illegitimate children are common in many shows that we eatch nowadays.
Can't judge it on this bases. I will watch a few episodes. If it is able to capture my interest then i'll watch it. ðŸ˜Š
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
how can it be the Turkish 'Humsafar'??
no need to bring HS's name in all this :/
MuneebaSheikh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
so much drama n i didnt get it turkish humsafar?
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It's called the Turkish Humsafar because of it's popularity in the arab world that is all. Lol you guys are getting defensive for no reason.

Anyways, I confess that this show sounds interesting unlike ask e mamnoo. This one seems to have a story to it at least.
starstruckk thumbnail
I don't understand how people can watch these dubbed Turkish shows..I for one can not watch episodes and episodes of dubbed stuff where nothing is in sync...a lot of times the dubbed Urdu just seems forced.  Not sure how people enjoy that..
RACHA90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I think the The Turkish Humsafar means is that...Noor and Mohanad are similar to Ashar and KHirad...Noor and KHirad both come from small towns...Ashar and Mohanad both are rich well educated men...Both Guys were forced into marrying their cousins...both guys fall in love after marriage..soo...
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^ plus this Noor show is from 2005 while Humsafar is from last year.