Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

muzzy_sk

Goldie

muzzy_sk

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 8:12am | IP Logged
We actually dun noe whether to comment it as we agree or not. So Stating our POV.

Indian shows have always been too unnecssarily dramatic. This is the sole reason why we don't follow any show regularly except for 1 now. It comes hard too see nonsensical stuff on TV. Daily bases shows are boring.N we love American shows *never watched TVD though* but changing Indian shows..pata nhi. Firstly, some people will totally get angry for some reasons and bash production. Thus TRP rtes going down the frain n blah blah. Secondly people may loose interest. As you said ki epis will become more substancial. Hmm. Maybe. Hope we made some sense here :D

And as for the romantic angle for our Indian shows, 'dupatta-udding and girl falling' ke shiva kuch nhi hota hai yanha :D *had to mention this, JLT :D*

-Shreya and Kanishtha

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..DamonCrazy..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW:Seasonal or Daily? (Page 2)" in The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..DamonCrazy..

IF-Sizzlerz

..DamonCrazy..

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 8:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Alia-

Hi,Hug

I disagree..

I am a person who loses interest very quickly.Confused
I used to love Ek hazaron mein meri behna hai but then i had 3 months gap in between because of some religious matter and i lost the interest in the show.

I love watching vampire diaries but it comes like monthly.. so i have to wait for it. What i do is, i watch the 33 episode and then i have to waaait for the 34th episode.. and then when i watch 34th episode, i actually forget what happened in the 33th episode and then i have to go back to the 33th episode and then watch the 34th episode.. i blame my stupid memory for it.Angry So i kinda lost my interest in it.

And when it comes to daily i love it.

Like you said that the jail track was dragged too much, i agree it was dragged but if it was done in one or 2 episodes people will say that the CVs ended it very abruptly.India is used to the streeetched stories.

Humans are never satisfied with what they get.

Oh.Well...that's a different issue Smile Personally...I wouldn't mind going back to watch the previous epi as long as the content is consistently good.Good dailies often become a drag.Till date the only show which I have seen continuously without missing out on a single epi,& which have completely held my attention are D3(until I forced myself to leave it) &TBP uptil now.

and TVD comes once a week:-P

..DamonCrazy..

IF-Sizzlerz

..DamonCrazy..

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by muzzy_sk

We actually dun noe whether to comment it as we agree or not. So Stating our POV.

Indian shows have always been too unnecssarily dramatic. This is the sole reason why we don't follow any show regularly except for 1 now. It comes hard too see nonsensical stuff on TV. Daily bases shows are boring.N we love American shows *never watched TVD though* but changing Indian shows..pata nhi. Firstly, some people will totally get angry for some reasons and bash production. Thus TRP rtes going down the frain n blah blah. Secondly people may loose interest. As you said ki epis will become more substancial. Hmm. Maybe. Hope we made some sense here :D

And as for the romantic angle for our Indian shows, 'dupatta-udding and girl falling' ke shiva kuch nhi hota hai yanha :D *had to mention this, JLT :D*

-Shreya and Kanishtha

Hmm...nicely balanced & a well thought out reply.Me likes Wink Cliched overdramatic content has been ruling Indian TV since the the days of glory of Kekta Maa's K serials.Unfortunately...that is what people lap up.Hopefully sometime in the future Channels will be gutsy enough to experiment with this idea.

RKDramebaaz

IF-Sizzlerz

RKDramebaaz

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Glad you brought up this discussion Shaz! :)

I love Indian shows, but these extended eye locks and touch-touch-hawa-hawa-blink-blink totally kill my mood! That is why I stopped watching TBP as much too! I only watch when there is more of an action scene then romance! As I always said, they ruined KiSha for me.

Though there are differences between US shows and Indian shows. I watch ALOT of American shows (Not TVD types.) I watch more on the REAL storyline shows like White Collar, Covert Affairs and Sherlock Holmes.And even Big Bang Theory! 

And TBP seemed to go on that track until romance came in the middle. I mean come on! THEY ARE 17! They are 11th graders! Do they really have to go through this "Ishq Wala Love" phase? Save it for college dude! I like it better when they are planning on pranks, or planning on project or whatever. This is their age to have FUN! Not fall in love -__-

So you see? I think the main reason the show has gone bad is viewer's demand to see romantic factor. I totally loved Kiya for what she did in today's episode, because that is what teenagers do! Get angry and do irrational things! And well, I loved it! LOL

So daily soaps isn't the problem, problem is not being able to put the story through without dragging. And honestly, I would rather watch it once a week then watch lame drags.

Do I make any sense? ROFL I think I went off-topic AGAIN!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

viewobs*mystic.moon*..DamonCrazy..FahadkrazywishBrashCandy

Radiance.

IF-Rockerz

Radiance.

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Unresd page 1.

tiara_magic

Goldie

tiara_magic

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
i think that the look look takes half the epi its quite boring but still viewers get into it it is a way the stretch it
daily soaps is a very common think some people dont like it so that the other viewers dont get bored they put reality shows and movies

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..DamonCrazy..

ItsMe_Ammu

IF-Dazzler

ItsMe_Ammu

Posted: 20 December 2012 at 7:17am | IP Logged

Very interesting topic, actually me and my cousin had a talk on the same topic last week.

I support seasonal shows because I think seasonal shows will always have an air of freshness in it. In the case of our daily soaps almost all of them starts off with gripping and innovative concepts but after some time the writers lose track and are out of ideas and all these shows comes back to the clichd tracks. And we can't blame the CVs or writers because I don't think anyone can manage to create fresh plots for 4 or 5 years continuously. While in seasonal shows the writers get a break and come up with innovative ideas for each new season and the actors too won't get tired of playing the same role continuously..

So I would really love it if ma fav shows become seasonal and thus save them from being boring and dragging. But in India people are used to daily soaps and I really doubt whether the concept of seasonal shows will work here.

Edited by sajan_kisha - 20 December 2012 at 7:15am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

viewobs..DamonCrazy..

CavingIn

IF-Rockerz

CavingIn

Posted: 20 December 2012 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Great topic Shaz!
Personally I prefer seasonal.
I don't mind the wait if the show is interesting.
Seasonal is safe for the actors as well.
They are not over worked and will be able to give their best.
I wish in the future some PH, CV's will have the guts to come up with this.

@Prachi- Agreed love shouldn't have been the main track.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

viewobs..DamonCrazy..RKDramebaaz

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.