Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 17 December 2012 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Mione...Please do...We can pitch in and make the thread run

@Sapna...you are right!! it was Hermione who had a word of comfort for Harry ...in the books too...it was the same

@Shreya ...waiting for your musingsBig smile
@ Fawkes...yes..they are not much explored...but still they thought too much on the same lineSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Random Potterings!!! (Page 2)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 17 December 2012 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Remus Lupin - The lone Marauder

I actually always loved how JK emphasised on the politeness of Lupin. He was thoughtful and very courteous. But I always wondered how he must have survived all those years before he returned to Hogwarts.
Imagine this boy, bit by a werewolf, having no friends, knowing that he CANNOT have friends...and then he suddenly finds himself in Hogwarts, Courtesy to the good headmaster, Dumbledoor.
And then he finds friends...supremely popular, and superemely talented James and Sirius and a tagging along Peter. They not only make his life fun and worth living...but teach him that friends would be with him no matter what he was...turn themselves into big animals...so they could give him company as anigmus when he turned into werewolves...turning his worst times into the best times of his life...
he has themm and also Lily  who accepts him in his husband's life...life could not have been better...
And then suddenly Voldemort strikes...
just imagine...Just like Harry, Remus lost everything that night...his one best friend died...the other allegedly killed the third one (Sirius rumoured to killl Peter) ...and also betrayed his best friends...

Suddenly one stroke and he was left dangling on the loose end...every good thing in his world destroyed...he did not know where to go...whom to trust...his best friend betrayed his best friends...their house destroyed ...his safe and happy sanctuary destroyed...

I actually do respect that still he was the most considerate and polite person...who never sweared...never spoke random hurtful things...I still remember how he was politely letting Hermione ask questions in the shrieking shack..even though he was right in between a potential killer and a mad man...and three wild teenageers...not to mention the advent of his arch enemy Snape...

and then again...he was to leave Hogwarts, found about Peter's betrayal...and also saw his last best friend Sirius die...though he married Tonks ...Makes me so sad for him...that when he actually and finally got the chance to be happy, he was killed!!!!Ouch

Edited by -Srushti- - 17 December 2012 at 10:00am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MioneabaviLumosEphemera

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 17 December 2012 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Srushti-

@Shreya ...waiting for your musingsBig smile

My musings will come after my exams and once I reach Switzerland on Saturday/Sunday. LOL

Mione

Goldie

Mione

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 4:19am | IP Logged
So I have been thinking about this for a long long time now, but it had taken a back-seat in my mind. You all must have noticed the contrast between Hermione and Luna. I almost feel like Luna was placed in the book to be the opposite of Hermione. To see the things that Hermione's logic and bookishness cannot see. When they first meet they clash over views and when I think about it maybe that was what Harry needed. He had spent so long taking all this structured, logic advice from Hermione and then Luna waltzes in, comes up with something brilliant without everything Hermione does to get there. (I love both of them though Smile)

Then I continued thinking. Don't Hermione and Luna just remind you of the relationship between Professor McGonagall and Professor Trelawney. Especially in the Christmas chapter of PoA when McGonagall clearly thinks that Trelawney is off her rocker. The younger two are just like the older two.

So tell me your opinions on the relationships, Do you see any similarities? Do you think Hermione and Luna are basically younger versions of the Professors? Do you agree that Luna was put in the book to be an opposite of Hermione? Do you think Harry needed this? What do you think about the relationship between the professors? Any other thoughts on the four characters I mentioned?

Edited by Mione - 19 December 2012 at 4:18am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Cutecj-Srushti-Ephemera

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
i agree with all views.
I will give my views soon

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Srushti-

abavi

IF-Dazzler

abavi

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 1:33am | IP Logged
This is something that I have noticed throughout the books..
 A lot of times Ron would say things just like that and it would actually end up to be true...
may be JKR wanted to give us indications of what she had planned for later and she used Ron for that... very intriguing and interesting!

I am adding whatever I could remember, I shall update it later...

1. Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets- Ron pondering over why Riddle got award for his special services at Hogwarts.
 "Maybe Tom Riddle got thirty O.W.L.s or saved a teacher from the giant squid. Maybe he murdered Myrtle; that would've done everyone a favour..."

2. Harry potter and chamber of secrets- Hermione and Ron are talking about Lockhart, Hermione says that Lockhart is all brave as he has done all those wonderful, brave stuff that he has written on his books...and Ron comments- he only says he has done it and no one knows if it is true... and it happens in the end that they discover, that Lockhart has lied in his books..
 "Rubbish,' said Hermione, 'You've read his books-look at all those amazing things he's done-' 'He says he's done,' Ron muttered

3. In Harry potter and Goblet of Fire- When Harry discovers about the disappearence of Mr.Crouch and Victor saying that he was attacked, Hermione says that may be someone attacked vicktor, Ron says it should have been Mr.Crouch himself. Later we discover Crouch junior would have attacked victor.
"Either Mr. Crouch attacked Viktor, or somebody else attacked both of them when Viktor wasn't looking." Hermione said
"It must've been crouch," said Ron at once.

4. In Harry potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Ron jokes about voldemort hiding behind a book shelf in Flourish and Blotts, and it happens that later in the book, Dumbledore tells harry that the diary(a book) had a peice of voldemort's soul hidden in it.
"Mum, do you honestly think You-Know-Who's going to be hiding behind a bookshelf in Flourish and Blotts?"

5. In Harry potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Ron jokes that McLaggen went the other way as if he was confunded, and Harry finds later that hermione actually confunded him
"I was better than McLaggen anyway," said Ron in highly satisfied voice. "Did you see him lumbering off in the wrong direction on his fifth? Looked like he was Confounded . . . ."

Edited by abavi - 23 December 2012 at 7:45pm

MioneCutecj-Srushti-Ephemera

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 2:02am | IP Logged
@ abavi very true great observation.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Srushti-abavi

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 2:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mione

So I have been thinking about this for a long long time now, but it had taken a back-seat in my mind. You all must have noticed the contrast between Hermione and Luna. I almost feel like Luna was placed in the book to be the opposite of Hermione. To see the things that Hermione's logic and bookishness cannot see. When they first meet they clash over views and when I think about it maybe that was what Harry needed. He had spent so long taking all this structured, logic advice from Hermione and then Luna waltzes in, comes up with something brilliant without everything Hermione does to get there. (I love both of them though Smile)

Then I continued thinking. Don't Hermione and Luna just remind you of the relationship between Professor McGonagall and Professor Trelawney. Especially in the Christmas chapter of PoA when McGonagall clearly thinks that Trelawney is off her rocker. The younger two are just like the older two.

So tell me your opinions on the relationships, Do you see any similarities? Do you think Hermione and Luna are basically younger versions of the Professors? Do you agree that Luna was put in the book to be an opposite of Hermione? Do you think Harry needed this? What do you think about the relationship between the professors? Any other thoughts on the four characters I mentioned?

True they do seem to be similar but i think that Luna was brought in because someone had to really understand what harry was going through. Ron and Hermione did comfort him but they never experienced what Harry. I mean Luna was brought into the picture when Harry was going through seeing the death of Cedric and Ron and Hermione never witnessed a live  murder Luna had seen her mother die so she had lost a parent and she witnessed death.
True Luna does seem the opposite of Herminone as Hermione sticks to facts and Luna believes in imagination.

Mione-Srushti-abaviEphemera

Post Reply New Post

Go to top