Posted: 21 December 2012 at 1:33am | IP Logged
This is something that I have noticed throughout the books..
A lot of times Ron would say things just like that and it would actually end up to be true...
may be JKR wanted to give us indications of what she had planned for later and she used Ron for that... very intriguing and interesting!
I am adding whatever I could remember, I shall update it later...
1. Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets- Ron pondering over why Riddle got award for his special services at Hogwarts.
"Maybe Tom Riddle got thirty O.W.L.s or saved a teacher from the giant squid. Maybe he murdered Myrtle; that would've done everyone a favour..."
2. Harry potter and chamber of secrets- Hermione and Ron are talking about Lockhart, Hermione says that Lockhart is all brave as he has done all those wonderful, brave stuff that he has written on his books...and Ron comments- he only says he has done it and no one knows if it is true... and it happens in the end that they discover, that Lockhart has lied in his books..
"Rubbish,' said Hermione, 'You've read his books-look at all those amazing things he's done-' 'He says he's done,' Ron muttered
3. In Harry potter and Goblet of Fire- When Harry discovers about the disappearence of Mr.Crouch and Victor saying that he was attacked, Hermione says that may be someone attacked vicktor, Ron says it should have been Mr.Crouch himself. Later we discover Crouch junior would have attacked victor.
"Either Mr. Crouch attacked Viktor, or somebody else attacked both of them when Viktor wasn't looking." Hermione said
"It must've been crouch," said Ron at once.
4. In Harry potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Ron jokes about voldemort hiding behind a book shelf in Flourish and Blotts, and it happens that later in the book, Dumbledore tells harry that the diary(a book) had a peice of voldemort's soul hidden in it.
"Mum, do you honestly think You-Know-Who's going to be hiding behind a bookshelf in Flourish and Blotts?"
5. In Harry potter and the Half-Blood Prince
, Ron jokes that McLaggen went the other way as if he was confunded, and Harry finds later that hermione actually confunded him
"I was better than McLaggen anyway," said Ron in highly satisfied voice. "Did you see him lumbering off in the wrong direction on his fifth? Looked like he was Confounded . . . ."
Edited by abavi - 23 December 2012 at 7:45pm