India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Why is Jassi called selfish? (Page 2)

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Hey Minnie!  Wacha doing?  How are the movie stars?

Clown 

bluelotus Goldie
bluelotus
bluelotus

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Good points shreya,lash ,Peaches and Purva.

Is Jassi being selfish ?? Yes, she is. However , we are taking her acts of selfishness too far. Because Purab too is equally selfish. It is not as if Purab helps every girl who is need. I remember Purab confiding in Meenakshi a lot, even remembering some past spent moments with her  and yet not coming clean with her at the first instance. Reason? He knew Meenakshi was crazy about him. Yet he was not really avoiding her. In some respects, even leading her.That was when neither of them needed anything from each other.

Had Jassi wanted to rub Purab with her happiness with Armaan, she would have bombarded him with all the little spicy details. I think it was more a need of share her happiness with him at an impulsive moment of human bonding rather than a deliberate attempt of humiliation. I would call that insenstivity more than selfishness.

Jassi went to Purab to become Jessica when she had no other option. That was selfish. That was survival. I would credit Nandini more with Jassi's transformation than I would credit Purab. Would he have given the contract of the face of his company to the old Jassi ,bangs and all ??? Think about it. We still can say Purab did what he did because he cared. I would say he largely did it because he hoped he would get her for himself in return. Not to mention Jasmine designs did get a lot of footage because of the launch. In fact Jassi has even given him a blanket promise in return of his favours. He could have said that he wanted nothing, just wanted her to be happy in everything she did. He did not exactly say that, did he ?? During the dress convo, he was pretty nasty, inspite of knowing what horrendous time she went through. Despite understanding ( or not) her need to be close to her parents, who all but have disowned her. Armaan has been there, but she was actually quite blind to his affections at the beginning of her quest. That was very mean of Purab.

Jassi has never been an epitome of manners. Walia household lack a few basic curtesy facts. Like you need to be polite instead of either loud or timid. That one should not be eavesdropping. Billu is certainely a good patriarch, but either he screams or ends up callng people 'sirji' or 'madamji'. Most of the time he is short tempered and rude with his near and dear ones,which is almost mirrored in Jassi's attitude to almost everyone barring Armaan,with whom she was worse. She actually destroyed him. So insensitivity is something I would call running in Walia genes. I don't think Jassi even realised she had snubbed Purab on phone. That is rude. Very rude and ill mannered. Selfish? No.

By the way, I never ever see Purab asking anything about anyone from Jassi's family. Not even bebe. This from a guy who had almost become a piece of parantha eating fixture in Jassi's house. He seemed to getting away with the excuse that he left Jassi becaue she loved Armaan. To what purpose? He knew the casanova Armaan was. Heck,even Billu knows it. He knew Armaan was engaged to be married to Mallika. He knew the manipulator Armaan was ( wasn't he the one who always kept harping how bad Armaan was?) ! Yet he left her, and that too in such a shameful manner where her whole family would hung their head in shame humiliation and leave Jassi vulnerable to even more exploitation. If Armaan took advantage, wasn't Purab the one who created the perfect situation for it ?

Today, no where he says,even when he is talking to himself, that he does not want Jassi to get close to Armaan because he fears for her safety. It is rather he does not want all his 'hard work' to go waste (remember the dialouge 'mere saare mehnat pe paani phir jaayega?). Hard work?? Hello ! Beleive me, given a chance, Meenakshi would do the same,if not more, for him. Mallika would do the same,if not more, for Armaan. In both cases, they would hope for something in return. Which is   actually accepting that he is doing everything for Jassi because he wants something big in return. That, here, would mean Jassi's whole life. A huge price to pay for any help.  

Of course we can blame T&D for this. However I would say so far they have been kindest to Purab's character alone, because he always gets footage at the expense of others,be it Jassi or Armaan. Rest all the characters,starting from Armaan to Jassi to Mallika, have been fed to the sharks.

My Hats Off To YouMy Hats Off To You well said Minnie.......

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Good points shreya,lash ,Peaches and Purva.

Is Jassi being selfish ?? Yes, she is. However , we are taking her acts of selfishness too far. Because Purab too is equally selfish. It is not as if Purab helps every girl who is need. I remember Purab confiding in Meenakshi a lot, even remembering some past spent moments with her  and yet not coming clean with her at the first instance. Reason? He knew Meenakshi was crazy about him. Yet he was not really avoiding her. In some respects, even leading her.That was when neither of them needed anything from each other.

Had Jassi wanted to rub Purab with her happiness with Armaan, she would have bombarded him with all the little spicy details. I think it was more a need of share her happiness with him at an impulsive moment of human bonding rather than a deliberate attempt of humiliation. I would call that insenstivity more than selfishness.

Jassi went to Purab to become Jessica when she had no other option. That was selfish. That was survival. I would credit Nandini more with Jassi's transformation than I would credit Purab. Would he have given the contract of the face of his company to the old Jassi ,bangs and all ??? Think about it. We still can say Purab did what he did because he cared. I would say he largely did it because he hoped he would get her for himself in return. Not to mention Jasmine designs did get a lot of footage because of the launch. In fact Jassi has even given him a blanket promise in return of his favours. He could have said that he wanted nothing, just wanted her to be happy in everything she did. He did not exactly say that, did he ?? During the dress convo, he was pretty nasty, inspite of knowing what horrendous time she went through. Despite understanding ( or not) her need to be close to her parents, who all but have disowned her. Armaan has been there, but she was actually quite blind to his affections at the beginning of her quest. That was very mean of Purab.

Jassi has never been an epitome of manners. Walia household lack a few basic curtesy facts. Like you need to be polite instead of either loud or timid. That one should not be eavesdropping. Billu is certainely a good patriarch, but either he screams or ends up callng people 'sirji' or 'madamji'. Most of the time he is short tempered and rude with his near and dear ones,which is almost mirrored in Jassi's attitude to almost everyone barring Armaan,with whom she was worse. She actually destroyed him. So insensitivity is something I would call running in Walia genes. I don't think Jassi even realised she had snubbed Purab on phone. That is rude. Very rude and ill mannered. Selfish? No.

By the way, I never ever see Purab asking anything about anyone from Jassi's family. Not even bebe. This from a guy who had almost become a piece of parantha eating fixture in Jassi's house. He seemed to getting away with the excuse that he left Jassi becaue she loved Armaan. To what purpose? He knew the casanova Armaan was. Heck,even Billu knows it. He knew Armaan was engaged to be married to Mallika. He knew the manipulator Armaan was ( wasn't he the one who always kept harping how bad Armaan was?) ! Yet he left her, and that too in such a shameful manner where her whole family would hung their head in shame humiliation and leave Jassi vulnerable to even more exploitation. If Armaan took advantage, wasn't Purab the one who created the perfect situation for it ?

Today, no where he says,even when he is talking to himself, that he does not want Jassi to get close to Armaan because he fears for her safety. It is rather he does not want all his 'hard work' to go waste (remember the dialouge 'mere saare mehnat pe paani phir jaayega?). Hard work?? Hello ! Beleive me, given a chance, Meenakshi would do the same,if not more, for him. Mallika would do the same,if not more, for Armaan. In both cases, they would hope for something in return. Which is actually accepting that he is doing everything for Jassi because he wants something big in return. That, here, would mean Jassi's whole life. A huge price to pay for any help.  

Of course we can blame T&D for this. However I would say so far they have been kindest to Purab's character alone, because he always gets footage at the expense of others,be it Jassi or Armaan. Rest all the characters,starting from Armaan to Jassi to Mallika, have been fed to the sharks.

damn it (apoorva style) why cant i come up with something so good ...(stamping foot) damn it

RUPALV22 Senior Member
RUPALV22
RUPALV22

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:53am | IP Logged

Hi manini,

let's begin with Meenaxi, he didn't avoid her?he did!!he threw the contract in the dustbin,he went to talk to jassi abt it but as usual she didn't listen.he refused to accept the contract ON THE BASIS OF PERSONAL RELATIONS;in the end meenaxi herself agreed to jassi she was wrong "Purab use ko nazdeek aane deta hai jiske nazdeek woh khud aana chahta hai"That explains why purab doesn't reach out to every girl;& we r talking his relations in respect to jassi;but we see him quite well mannered everywhere!!

Oh pls don't say purab is running business through jassi as if he didn't have any model for him;he always recognised her true beauty n was overwhelmed by when he actualy saw her ;n offered her contract only to widen her horizons;he said now sky is the limit for her.which she refused in way any EDUCATED girl wouldn't do..so it all ends there!so if again jassi goes to himIT'S PURELY HER NEED NOT PURAB'S

If purab was part of family why no-one bothered to find out for three days whether purab was living or dead!!if jassi as usual was busy with her armaan sir others would have cared at least,they don't find muhurat for two months but then suddenly fix up engagement without asking him!!why didn't they ever corrected their daughter for her misbehavior?this all together can't give him a feeling of being secondary or none to them?It was all when he left everyone suddenly woke up from sleep & started caring for him!!

he said jassi se jessica banane ki saari mahenat par paani phir jaayga if armaan /raj figured out she was jassi before her purpose is served!!

here the point is whatever jassi does that's her personal life ;(anyway nothing has affected her really in her decisions as if purab's comment spoiled her mood n she didn't enjoy with armaan)but she shoud practise what she preaches! if she wants to be with armaan why does she mind with the comment ?If revenge was her purpose it would have been served long back!!certainlly she's grabing every moment with armaan but then why doesn't she simply admit it??

we r upset with her changing shades ;same jassi has all the manners (she herself told purab I owe u a lotwhen he asked fot that something)when she still needs him(she needed him in mumbai)& same jassi forgets even normal human behavior when she got back armaan .nandu & family

Oh,we don't realy expect love for purab from jassi we only expect a normal ,sane ,one woman!!(oops that was rude sorry,but we have been discussing this a lot ;couldn't help it today)

Edited by RUPALV22 - 12 May 2005 at 12:22pm
Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Minnie That was brilliant...
RUPALV22 Senior Member
RUPALV22
RUPALV22

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
 Purva, that was as warm as ever & puja that was as accurate as ever!Clap

Go to top