Minimal is good !

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Just the sitar and piano accompanying most of the singers with other minimal accompaniments marked most of saturdays performances !

Best were Renu ans Mohammad Aman along with Arshpreet  !👏

Rest ranged from good, bad, average to forgettable.

Jasraj started beautifully, rest was forgettable for me.

Jazim was the worst. You don't need to take harkateins in every darned line. Sometimes simple is best, esp for this beautiful ghazal. He needs to go ASAP.😳

Madhuri was good to ok. Just her beautiful voice and range cannot be forgiven every time. will she or jazim go next? Toss up !

Shehnaz  was average. For me, it was murder of one of the iconic songs of recent times. His notes should be sharp and clear, they are not. was so unhappy with his singing.

Vishwajeet was ok. Whether he sings or says a line, he will be to the finals.The only remaining one from Rahul Ram's team.😳

Himanshu was ok to good. But, his voice is awesome . Did he deserve to be eliminated this week?nope.  Jazim has been getting away with Ghulam ali saabs ghazals. Something different yesterday and he bombed. Time for him to go in my opinion.

Aman's performance was best summarised by RR. Nothing to say.👏👏

Renu was flawless and soul- stirring.👏👏

Arshpreet was excellent. The best of Mausam ki adla badli mein was Anwesha's, i always thought.  Arshpreet made it sound better for me.👏👏

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mdroy thumbnail
Sorry have a different take.  See my comments below

[QUOTE=music-a-muse]Just the sitar and piano accompanying most of the singers with other minimal accompaniments marked most of saturdays performances !

Best were Renu ans Mohammad Aman along with Arshpreet  !👏 - -Aman was great, Renu is better than the past 2 weeks.  Arshpreet ok.

Rest ranged from good, bad, average to forgettable.

Jasraj started beautifully, rest was forgettable for me. -- Agree -- he is just not consistent and I think that I am tired of his besura notes being forgiven while Vishwajeet is held to a higher standard.

Jazim was the worst. You don't need to take harkateins in every darned line. Sometimes simple is best, esp for this beautiful ghazal. He needs to go ASAP.😳 -- Disgaree.  I know that song really well and have heard many interpretation of this song and I thought it was ok.  The best comment was was Shankar's about missing the "Hai" which I also felt was missing.  I feel bad saying that but this is a sensual song like a thumri and I think that Jazim still might be too innocent to pull it off.

Madhuri was good to ok. Just her beautiful voice and range cannot be forgiven every time. will she or jazim go next? Toss up ! -- Good in some parts but also missed a couple of notes.

Shehnaz  was average. For me, it was murder of one of the iconic songs of recent times. His notes should be sharp and clear, they are not. was so unhappy with his singing. -- I liked it but I think the comparison is the MTV Unplugged version of this song and in that case, he fell short.

Vishwajeet was ok. Whether he sings or says a line, he will be to the finals.The only remaining one from Rahul Ram's team.😳 -- He was ok.

Himanshu was ok to good. But, his voice is awesome . Did he deserve to be eliminated this week?nope.  Jazim has been getting away with Ghulam ali saabs ghazals. Something different yesterday and he bombed. Time for him to go in my opinion. -- He is versatile but I will say that he ruined the song.  He changed the tune and took away the good parts, chord progressions, phrasing.  

Aman's performance was best summarised by RR. Nothing to say.👏👏

Renu was flawless and soul- stirring.👏👏

Arshpreet was excellent. The best of Mausam ki adla badli mein was Anwesha's, i always thought.  Arshpreet made it sound better for me.👏👏 -- I am sick of this song.  Ever since Ujjaini managed to wow the judges with it in C2005, we have to see this on every reality show.

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Renu surprised me a lot! For the past few weeks she was singing really mediocre, so I'm glad she made a good comeback. 

Arshpreet picked the perfect song for her voice. She blew me away! I love that song very much, and her rendition was amazing!!

Jasraj showed us a different dynamic while staying true to himself. I loved it! He did a great job.

I also agree that the rest was okay.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: mdroy

Sorry have a different take.  See my comments below

Mona I agree with your comments in bold..Ujjaini was the best with "Black" song...Its been repeatedly sung by many on diff shows..Arshpreet was OK..She did not wow me at all.

MAM I agree with you on Mohd Aman, Renu...Also on less is more...Simple is better at times than over powering of anything..

I love Himanshu;s voice but agree he did not do well with the last rendition at all..
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago