Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

-Liebe-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Liebe-

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 6:59am | IP Logged
sambar....it hurts yo!...Cry...lol...from faker's thread...LOL...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shehjarDeebz-Raz--Amli-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW - 16th December 2012 (Page 3)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Raz-

IF-Rockerz

-Raz-

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Udnis great post :)
.what u said is totally true but I would have felt as bad if he used to send her to College infrontbof his family..regardless of what Bhabo would taint him..he needs to put his foot down and make bhabo realise he is a man who has a wife now

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-shehjarDeebz-Ayeshi-UMDU-Liebe--Amli-

-Ayeshi-

IF-Dazzler

-Ayeshi-

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
@ Sindu...Very well said...!!! But whatever the option they would choose... they couldn't be happy n relaxed anyway...!!! Look at present situation...!!! The way they r suffering... Specially poor Sandy...!!!

I agree with Razia...!!! I hope Suraj would do like the way u said when the truth will come out...!!! And I also dont get it what Suraj said by I will tell when the right time will come...!!! Right time means??? Is he hoping that bhabo will change?? Confused

b2011shehjarDeebz-SamiR-UMDU-Raz--Liebe--Amli-

-SamiR-

Goldie

-SamiR-

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
I would like to elaborate on my previous post, as it seems the discussion has moved ahead from the point I was trying to focus on. In my previous post, I was trying to explain why, given the circumstances, SurYa's 'secret study' decision was not completely wrong/nonsense/unrealistic. As for the consequences, it was obvious that their decision would have some unwanted consequences; even SurYa realized this (recall SurYa convo at the college). And the CVs have done well to keep things real by actually playing out these consequences.

But the point that is often being forgotten is that going down the alternative road, of getting Bhabho to agree, would have also had some serious unwanted consequences. The least of these is the loss of a year of studies. More importantly, Bhabho would not have taken things lying down. She would've fought back, as she did before. As Einstein said, 'the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results'. Suraj had already tried to convince Bhabho twice. As for blackmailing, the success of this was also not certain. I'm not saying Bhabho is not a good mother, but her ego is damn big! Stern Smile I wouldn't have been surprised if she called Suraj's bluff on closing down his shop. With the secret studies idea, Suraj must've thought of trying something different. At least by starting the studies, SurYa would have something concrete to work with; for instance, as Sandhya suggested in last epi, she can prove to Bhabho (and perhaps herself) that she can be a good housewife, while continuing her studies.

Lastly, with regards to when Suraj will tell Bhabho, I don't think Suraj's plan was to secretly go through the entire IPS process, and then just show up one day at the Rathi Mansion, with Sandhya in her IPS uniform, and say to Bhabho: "Hey Bhabho! You are NOT going to believe this! Guess what your beendni and I have been doing these past few years! Go on ' guess, guess! Big smile Day Dreaming" I also don't think Suraj really planned when and how to reveal his secret to Bhabho, but he must've been thinking of revealing it as soon as he sees an opportunity. From today's epi, I think he realized that opportunity is not likely to show up, and judging from the precap, it looks like his plan is to create that opportunity himself. But again, I don't like speculating about the story ahead; I rather allow the CVs to do their job and present the story, and then see if they make any sense. Smile

@ udnis/sindu ' phd romance! ROFL Oh and Hi-five! Thumbs Up

btw, great discussion by everyone! Star keep it up!

Edited by -SamiR- - 18 December 2012 at 8:27pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011shehjarDeebzfarhana874-Ayeshi-UMDU-Raz--Liebe--Amli-

shehjar

Goldie

shehjar

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
lovely discussion going on thanks razia for the topic ..
i agree with UMDU she has given good optionsClap
i agree with SamiR tooClap

personally i believe in confronting than hiding but having said that if  SURYA had convinced Bhabo before starting off the study track  the story will end there and then where will the drama be ..come on be realistic in soap worldSmile  ..

Sindu u deserve Muaaah and hugs not just Hi-fivesHug

@ SamiR  this cracked me upROFL 

"Hey Bhabho! You are NOT going to believe this! Guess what your beendni and I have been doing these past few years! Go on ' guess, guess! Big smile Day Dreaming"

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-Deebzfarhana874-Ayeshi-UMDU-Raz--Liebe--Amli-

-Amli-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Amli-

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 12:48am | IP Logged
@Ghajini Amma:- I agree with your both posts. Thumbs Up. Nothing to add much. You've pointed out all the consequences I'd think of.Day Dreaming.

@Shirin:- "Lie" is a relative term n there are many types of lies exist(not only two). Google out.Embarrassed.

Edited by ami_dabh - 19 December 2012 at 12:49am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011Deebz-SamiR-farhana874-Ayeshi--Raz-

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 1:27am | IP Logged
Very nice analysis SamiR. I may not agree with you but  I respect your point of view and your ability to critically argue on issues. Now let me give you my take on things. In the beginning of this track Suraj made two very costly mistakes which may prove fatal for this track. He started off by telling his mother about Sandhya's IPS dream of  which there was no necessity at that time to reveal . Like he is waiting now for the right time, had he just ventured into a talk of graduation, his mother would have no doubt opposed but not so vehemently. With Bhabasa's support on the pretext of helping a below average student like Chavvi, she may have agreed. The second error he made was to enlist the support of Ankur as sutradhar for the play. This put Bhabo on the guard. Is it a great Kothari conspiracy against me ? she wondered. The admission form was the ultimate nail in the coffin. She humiliated Suraj and burnt it and made it very clear to one and all there will be no talk of it.

Bhabo to my mind gets worked up under pressure. She conceded in the WTC track when Sandhya tricked her. She could have gone back and said you cheated me so no question of participation. She did not do that. The participation  which she earlier vehemently opposed she came around.

Now we come to this track. It started with goof ups from Suraj's side. He realized his mother had brain washed Sandhya into refusing to study. He made attempts to get her admitted in which he did not succeed. He talked about the new contract offered. Everybody in the house was happy as it meant more money. Bhabo was not. One reason was she was afraid her son may not survive without working in the shop. The other reason to my mind was the same fear of change. The fear of the unknown. She was unsure whether it would work out the way it was being portrayed. She was shown to be tense in the entire period repeatedly looking at the shop from time to time. Bhabasa's assurance did nothing to  lighten her burden. There was no bluff here as you have stated. Suraj had every intention of going ahead with the proposal if Sandhya had not changed her mind. Here if he had given the same time to Bhabo and an ultimatum I am very sure she would have agreed. The fact that she and Bhabasa came running to the contractor's office was a proof enough of her anxiety. One thing I am sure of Bhabo, once she agrees to something she will not go back. She will no doubt lay conditions and trouble Sandhya but will not go back.. The education track would have been free from the tension of getting caught. The fear of future withdrawal could have been eliminated. Bhabo's conditions could have been met with Suraj's support like the first track. Romance could have bloomed between the two through the support track.
          Now since that opportunity is lost Bhabo will be back to her sherni avatar. Suraj is left with no choice but to assert himself. Without confrontation she will not agree. If she does not agree Sandhya will have to withdraw. That will shatter her totally. If he fights to the finish Bhabo will stop talking to him, move around with a sullen face . There is a possibility she may stop eating and resort to dramatics, that  has to be endured as they missed a golden opportunity they had in hand. This is the scenario as of now. If they find future emotional blackmail ideas I cannot say.

Edited by UMDU - 19 December 2012 at 4:18am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011Deebz-SamiR-farhana874-Ayeshi--Raz--Liebe-

Deebz

Goldie

Deebz

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 3:24am | IP Logged
Lovely discussions by all. SamiR, must say you impress me with your insightful and wonderful writing style. Umdu, Bharati, Sindu, Shirin great points. Thumbs Up

I believe Suraj is being a typical man. Decisive and strong in every regard except for when it comes to confronting one's mom. I would not call that even weakness. It takes a stronger man to swallow his pride over hurting his mom.  Also men tend think of the immediate future than long term consequences. The need of the hour was that the night college had already commenced and Sandy had to get going. His focus was on convincing Sandhya at the point of signing over his shop. At that time Suraj had decided that he was going to get Sandhya educated whether or not Bhabo approved. It was just a matter of informing her, not gaining her permission and he was waiting for an opportune moment for that. The aangan drama convinced him that it would be more hurtful to Bhabo and Sandhya the longer he waited. Once again he is going to attempt to do the right thing as he did before embarking on this path. Whether circumstances will allow him or how Bhabo will react remains to be seen. One good thing  is neither Suraj nor Sandhya will now retreat. Good for them!

Edited by Deebz - 19 December 2012 at 3:24am

b2011-SamiR-shehjarUMDUfarhana874-Ayeshi--Raz--Liebe-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top