Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
Suhasi in a still from her previous serial, Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli. HT Photo

After winning over the hearts of India, portraying the courageous daughter Swarn Abha in the serial Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, which recently went off air, Mumbai-based television actor Suhasi Dhami is back once again, this time playing a feisty bahu in the show Housewife Hai…Sab JaantiHai.

Suhasi's character in the show, Sona, is a journalist by profession, who after marriage decided to quit her job and become a housewife. All excited about the show, which will go on air on December 31, Suhasi quips that her character in the show will not cry a lot and will appeal to every housewife.

"Although her family wants her to work, Sona decides to quit her job since she wishes to focus on her house and eventually brings about positive changes in the house. Through the show, we will touch upon small social issues that are associated with our everyday lives," she says.

Drawing comparisons between Sona and Abha, Suhasi says that the situations in Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli and Housewife… are very different. "In my earlier show, the situations usually involved life and death scenarios. But in this show, my character encounters everyday situations and being a journalist stands for the truth and solves them in a very simple and light manner," she says.

Suhasi further says that the character is very different from her in real life, since she personally cannot wait to go to work. But Suhasi maintains that she has seen a lot of women who have chosen to stay home, the closest being her mother-in-law.

"Personally, I can supervise work and ensure that everything in the house is done on time, but I cannot cook every day. I love working and will always want to manage both my work and my house," she says.  

Daughter of Gujarati theatre artiste Lata Goradia, Suhasi is an avid dancer and singer and, thanks to her college (Mithibai College), she got a chance to be associated with co-curricular activities. She was also seen in Kahaani Comedy Circus Ki and in regional films. She adds that she did not get any exciting offers from Bollywood, but is open to working in different genres and roles.   

Although it may not be essentially seen as a 'job', but being a housewife is not an easy job. The woman of the house has her own share of deadlines and commitments to look after and ensure 
that everything in the house is in order.

"Being a housewife is a non-appreciative job and most of the people take it for granted. But through my show, if even 5% of the people can realise that everybody cannot be a housewife, I would feel that the show and my character is successful," she concludes

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Punjab/Chandigarh/The-doting-housewife/SP-Article1-973033.aspx

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

swagakevin2karsuhlove_karanabha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The doting housewife" in Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

love_karanabha

IF-Addictz

love_karanabha

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
She is the best bahu Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-VishaD-

karsuh

IF-Sizzlerz

karsuh

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Thanks Visha Smile they said it will start on the 31st but didn't tell what time it will start Confused

-VishaD-

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
Yes, not sure but looks like its most likely on 7pm slot Confused

karsuh

karsuh

IF-Sizzlerz

karsuh

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
Then i hope Housewife will manage to pull the audience towards it Wink

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Yes, i'm sure Sona would be different from Abha. So lets see how she does it Smile

karsuh

happygirl123

IF-Rockerz

happygirl123

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
Is it airing on 31st December??can't wait

karsuh

IF-Sizzlerz

karsuh

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Yes Visha we will have to wait until the show starts to know Wink

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.