Page 1
Page   of 51
Page 2 Page 51

Oyster

IF-Sizzlerz

Oyster

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Change of plan:
After discussing it with each other, we decided to turn this project into a calendar. 
* Hence we now need 12 Poems and 12 Siggies
* We have plenty of time because it is going to be a 2014 Calendar. 
* Anyone can participate in the making of this SI Calendar, but remember to register below.
* Nothing is final on this thread until we have the final product, so we're open to suggestions. You could even suggest something other than a calendar.
* Members of this thread should always check "Notes to Members" section below in order to see if someone left a note for them in their absence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whether a fact or a compliment, a beautiful woman is always the source of inspiration for an artist.  Whether it is a Shakespearean sonnet, a metaphysical poem by John Donn, or Mirza Ghalib's ghazzal, the poet is always in a trance while describing his mistress.  The resultant product always turns out to be remarkably beautiful, but it's difficult to say whether it's the writer's skill or the subject lends her beauty.  In any case, we too have a beautiful inspiration in the form of Sanaya Irani.  So I thought let's experiment  our writing skills while our imaginations are occupied by this flawless beauty, not a figment of imagination but an actual person we've seen and felt. 

The proceeds of this thread will be mailed to Sanaya Irani and that is my responsibility. Hopefully some members of this thread will make us the siggies and we'll use the poems generated on this thread as the texts that will go on those siggies.

For example, I wrote a few lines and Div used them in her siggy:

I first thought of this initiative when I saw how excited Sanaya was on seeing the poster we sent her some time ago. I have seen celebrities receiving expensive designer gifts (believe it or not, an Arab singer was gifted a Range Rover by a fan) but they are not even half as excited as I saw this girl.  Her response amazed me. To be honest, I myself did not expect that the poster would bring that kind of excitement to Sanaya.  Our rockstar is a person who does not believe in stardom. I have heard her repeatedly instructing her fans not to send gifts to their favorite celebrities but rather spend that sum of money in buying gifts for their family and friends instead.  I was so proud of her when Daljeet said in an interview that she does not take her fame seriously.  So Sanaya's a simple person at heart who appreciates the smallest personalized gifts to the largest extent.  I thought how could we bring that smile to her again and this idea popped up. 

Edited by Oyster - 23 January 2013 at 8:43am

The following 55 member(s) liked the above post:

gurukhushAimenKreema2406ABC-123-Emma.K-gnaina..SaNaYaHoLiC..sanayakhushifanAehmedKhushiIraninomad.nessjoyvgAnaswarblackdice1001dididumb.DivaDeluxe.MsrashuIPKKNDfan4everPashnaPastelBeautydesigirl_sydellvandana1965bkamberseriouskbtrDollSanzJerryTheMouseEtherealSanz..abracadabra-Saumya-SanzBarbieFAYKHAN29pakpearlNeloufer.SanayaFlawlessSenorita SanayarimaCatz.RangRasiyaSublimeSanayaHSFAOnepoundChic-Cheeni-Loveurlife1FairyLiquidSoapDaZzling_SaRunNaz_nisarsoharaIMMI-GodhuliLogonDreamsFlyFreeadditive_monayaArshi.Sugi.IPKdobrevagasmsprincessunaraPhoenixRising

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SI's Poetry Corner - Let's Create Sunny's Calendar" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Oyster

IF-Sizzlerz

Oyster

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
You can register as a siggy-maker, as a writer or as both.

Members list:

Div [.DivaDeluxe.] - siggy-maker and writer
Sunara [princessunara] - writer
Sonya [Oyster] - writer
Badra [143badra] - Siggy-maker
Rima [rima] - writer
Harshita [Arhi-Did-IT] - Writer
CDlove - Writer
Aliya [IshqSufiyana] - Siggy-maker  
Prachi [musicfan5]  - Writer
Joy [joyvg] - Writer
Priyanka [additive_monaya] - Siggy-maker

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules

1. We accept both individual work and team work
2. Every member who contributes in a project is given credit in the final creation
3. Every member is free to ask for reviews and suggest revisions to someone else's work
4. Every member is open to constructive criticism of his/her own work
5. All the revisions will be discussed on this same thread before anything is finalized - This would allow all the members to see the work-in-progress and give their feedback
6. Members are free to share creative ideas. For example, a member who does not know how to make siggies can discuss her imaginative ideas with a siggy-maker.
7. "Like" is an indication that the post is read by the member.
----------------------------------------------------
Notes to Members
Rima please check the last post on p. 34 - Jan 26
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possible pictures for siggy-makers:

Edited by Oyster - 22 February 2013 at 1:27am

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

KhushiIranijoyvgIPKKNDfan4ever.DivaDeluxe.RadiantSanz..vandana1965-Saba-Senorita SanayaDreamsFlyFreeadditive_monayaIMMI-SublimeSanayaHSFANeloufer.princessunara

Oyster

IF-Sizzlerz

Oyster

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
How to play the game?

The process is called a surrealist poem-writing game. The remarkable thing about it is that we are likely to come up with an amazing coherent end-product out of apparently unrelated lines. I have tried it twice in my creative writing class and it works! When I first heard about it, I thought what rubbish.. but when I actually saw it work, I went WOW! So let's try it then? I had to come up with a forum version of the game, but I know it's going to be as fun!

Every member takes a number every time we play. The person with the first number has to write a line. #2 quotes him/her and adds the second line. #3 quotes #2's line and adds the third line.. so on and so forth... The only thing you need to remember is that you can only quote the last writer's line. Meaning, you don't have to worry about the rest of the poem since you only need to make sure that your line is a continuation of/goes with the last line.

For example, I write:

Originally posted by Oyster

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? 

Div is the second person so she adds:

Originally posted by .DivaDeluxe.

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate: 

Sunara's the third person so she continues [Remember she should only quote Div, NOT me!]

Originally posted by princessunara

Originally posted by .DivaDelux

Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, 

...and it continues depending on how many members we have in each game. For now I'd say that for each game every member should have three turns at least. 

Now to play this game, the important thing is that we get online at the same hour unless you want to take a day to add a line! Everyone who wishes to experiment, please state your convenient hour in IST. Once we agree on a common hour, the rest should be easy... I'm quite flexible but if I had to pick an hour, 10:30pm IST works for me. What about others?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfinished Material

Originally posted by joyvg

I just tried a bit...for sake of my Kushi Love !!!Big smile and no chappals plsss

Sanaya the chand who touched zillions of  hearts''

Sanaya  the chand who came every day to light the nights with her brilliant act & her smile'

Sanaya the chand  once told  that the viewers who basks in her light would forget her when she goes when her time comes '

But but but'.. the viewers who turned into fans 'just waiting for her  glimpse and never can forget  the  so called moon  SANAYA!

Sanaya Irani, exquisitely sculptured

Soaked with splendor and elegance

As she walked through the orchard

Roses felt deprived of beauty and sense

An empty glass could be filled on the morrow

For she knew how a sprout of bliss

Could grow from the root of sorrow

With counted breaths, she wouldn't be remiss

Draped with sunlight,

Calmer than the dead

It gazed through the cloudless night

So that some of her secrets could be read

Edited by Oyster - 26 January 2013 at 8:55am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

KhushiIranisurprising.DivaDeluxe.MsrashuPastelBeautySublimeSanayaNeloufer.HSFASenorita SanayaprincessunaraArshi.Sugi.IPK

Oyster

IF-Sizzlerz

Oyster

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:51pm | IP Logged

Our first collaborative poem:

To the most beautiful girl I have seen
Your dazzling smile lights up the sky
Your kindness touches every passerby
In your presence lorikeets refuse to fly

Your hazel eyes, a reflection of purity
They harbor not an inkling of obscurity
Honesty finds in them eternal security

Lost souls dazed by your glaring charm
Your fragrance keeps noisy miners calm
To enchanted hearts you bring no harm

Your unison with life shuns dark nights
And inspires the sun to scale new heights
To explore new horizons like waltzing kites

Your flaring energy revives withered leaf
End of your sojourn marks onlookers' grief
And your return remains a promising belief

----------------------------------------------------------

If you're reading this, please leave your feedback. We appreciate criticism. 

Edited by Oyster - 29 January 2013 at 1:36pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

KhushiIranicoldy07.DivaDeluxe.SublimeSanayaHSFASenorita SanayaprincessunaraArshi.Sugi.IPK

.DivaDeluxe.

IF-Dazzler

.DivaDeluxe.

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
EDITED:

Ehm Sonya I think I'll just stick to siggy-making. I've actually never written any poem, so I wouldn't take a chance now either :/ But if I do come up with something I'll PM you. For now I'd like to be part of only the "siggy-maker" group.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola Sonya!Embarrassed
I'm not that good when it comes to poetry..Anyhow this sounds like a superb idea.
Hope that all the talented people in the forum will join in! I might also try and write a verse or twoD'oh
Hmm, I'll join the siggy-teamEmbarrassed

PS: I'm sure we'll be getting many poems from you Sonya!

Edited by .DivaDeluxe. - 22 December 2012 at 3:30pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

KhushiIraniMsrashuSublimeSanayaadditive_monayaSenorita SanayaHSFAOyster

princessunara

IF-Stunnerz

princessunara

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
Obviously writerEmbarrassed too lazy to make sigs n dunno how to make VMsLOL

Sonya I'll be back later to write more cz it is 4.30am..and need to sleep amma will kill me otherwise:((

awww awesome Idea!!Hug loved it the last time we tried it, though I was skipping lines after a bit!!LOL

just hope it is not gonna finish by the 1st weeks of Jan, cz I will be out of IF from 19th till 2 weeks...
but after that back again
anyway
till then will be here:-)

FOr now here is my b'day poem for herEmbarrassed

To an angel on earth

Twinkling doe eyes

Sprinkled with emerald green
In the face of an angelic beauty
Framed by soft tumbling locks
With ivory satiny complexion
That makes her the envy of many

The moment you lay eyes on her
You are arrested by an ethereal beauty
That stuns and enchants you
But the moment when her soft lips curve
In to an inviting smile,
Her eyes crinkling in mirth
As she giggles and laughs
You are mesmerized

It is the tale of a seraph
Of a delicate beauty like no other
But what makes her precious amongst all
Is a heart that is golden,
Than any looks can ever be

She has reached the stars
The zenith of success
And yet such humbling stature
That makes her a role model
For every youngster out there

Sanaya Irani
We call this angel
Whose beauty that captures the beholders eyes
And the personality
That forevermore captures the heart & the soul
Of every person who has ever been
Blessed to be touched by her presence

Edited by princessunara - 15 December 2012 at 4:18pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

gurukhushsanayakhushifanKhushiIranijoyvg.DivaDeluxe.moomin4455MsrashuPashnasurprisingRee1306musicfan5rimaadditive_monayaDreamsFlyFreeSublimeSanayaOysterHSFASenorita SanayaArshi.Sugi.IPKPhoenixRising

SublimeSanaya

IF-Sizzlerz

SublimeSanaya

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
Sonya

i would live to join as a siggy maker ... nt tht good .. still new to it na Embarrassed... but i can kind of come up with something of k nature ... Smile

would luv to make vms .. but no idea of any tools tht i can use .. and hard luck i dont have a creative bone in my bodyWink ... so no to writing too .. i'll let the experts handle itWink ..LOL

have exams on 23rd so will nt be able to do much .. but after tht i will be around ... 

- edited - 

remembered this and again exams ...Embarrassed

so for now here .. is a siggy of SI

Edited by 143badra - 04 February 2013 at 10:22pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

KhushiIranijoyvgMsrashuSenorita SanayaOysterHSFAprincessunara

rima

IF-Sizzlerz

rima

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
Composed just for sanaya:
An Ode to Sanaya
Her every gesture  oozes grace
Her every expression brings a smile to the face,

When she talks it is music tot the ears

When she cries we are reduced to tears

On and off screen she is a livewire

Watching her one can never ever tire

Such is Sanaya's beauty and charm

She is one actress who keeps the heart so warm

Edited by rima - 14 December 2012 at 8:05pm

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

joyvgAnaswarsanayakhushifanKhushiIrani.DivaDeluxe.MsrashumelfnsRee1306EtherealSanz..chulbuli94musicfan5pakpearlDreamsFlyFreeadditive_monayasoharaOysterSublimeSanayaHSFASenorita SanayaprincessunaraPhoenixRising

Post Reply New Post

Go to top