Blast from the past thread#2! Episode 31- page 128 - Page 113

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by AR_EternalLove

awesome episode...

khushi ne bolti band kar di arnav ki...
 LOL, infact usko ko bolne hi kab diya...all he asked was "tum teek ho"...bechaara, she has no idea what she did to him in the last few days 😆
Originally posted by indi52

cynthia,
i have not yet watched the episode, but i felt i was seeing it as i read your fluid account. your choice of courage and sister's love 👏
👏 👏. in red all the parts taht said to me, mark me right now. in pink, me in a state of awww. thanks for this, that connection with sisters and their key roles, the little connections to future events, and the beautiful scene between bro and sis i enjoyed all of them. now shall go and see.

Thank you for your critique.  Sorry for the grammatical errors.  I am usually so tired that I miss them.  I will go back and correct them. I love the sister's and really never realized how much input they really had on their siblings, that is why this second viewing is so important.  I missed so much the first time! My favorite line of this review no one picked up on so funny  ASR walks into the room and Chote sits on the bed!  I love how Barun just changes his role.  What brilliant acting!
[QUOTE=aina123]Where is epi 33[/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4ZjW_5JXPQ

sometimes silence speaks more, much more than words. even though the words seem potent, loaded with meaning, they still don't quite achieve what some silences do. there were a lot of those silences in episode 32. khushi's wondering, slightly disturbed look as she clutched her jiji close. what was that? hadn't she just said, "jiji, girti hui imarat samhal li, kuch bhi samhal loongi"?       

"does not everything depend on our interpretation of the silence around us?"
~~~ lawrence durrell ~~~

or the one up there, where he looks into a story we can't see but we can feel his anguish about it, as though he doesn't want to listen. something to do with his mama and papa, he almost flinches at the words when di says she wished they were there for she can't handle all the anger flaring around anymore. his face hardens in an instant and his fist closes in a tight knot. the pain hits hard.

yet when he whips around to give his sister a harsh answer, he sees her face, its sadness and worry, he melts. a whole love story was written in just those swiftly changing expressions. i wish i could capture all of them and include here. his hands came and grasped hers tenderly, and he said the words just in case we hadn't understood, but we knew that all along, didn't we? "aap sab kuch ho, di. main aapki aankhon mein aansoon nahi dekh sakta."

he will fight the whole world to bring back her happiness. (little does he know he will have to fight the most precious thing he's ever had to do just that.) she will make his kind of food to make him feel better. she knows he's feeling bad about too many things. what happened to khushi, what's happening with nani, their parents, everything, all she wants to do is make it ok for him. some soup might help? siblings love in funny unspoken ways, even when they are rivals, even when they aren't always good to each other. ipk had a particularly keen understanding of this. which is why, when anjali started to lie to chhotey i'd thought we'd see something very interesting. it could have been that. a glimpse of it in the miscarriage scene, where she finally believes as she looks into the eyes of her brother standing outside. again, silence.

a beautifully crafted episode that seemed to me to be about name, identity, pehchaan, and an awareness that is refusing to go, in fact making quite a place for itself. from buaji's "wah nand kissore," to mamiji's warning of "cantrobhersial" food, everything felt smooth and was intensely expressive, almost as much as barun's face.

payal was picking up the unspoken cues of worry and uncertainly from khushi and reflecting it back. she was happy with khushi's decision to resign, but still... if only they hadn't come to delhi. khsuhi counters without thinking, "nahin, jiji, dilli itni bhi burie nahin hai, matlab agar hum dilli nahin aate toh... toh..." toh ham arnavji se kaise miltey? is that what her heart wanted to say? we'll never know.

he'd had a bad night, then all that talk about marriage with nani, and her little pull a bride out of a hat trick, he strode into office in a foul mood. how a man can change the whole energy of a place by simply walking through it, i will never understand. the grim walk in with inert eyes, reminiscent of the mazar entry, and the long steps carrying him out with a simple pause at the sight of dm, said more than most things he said today. especiallyabout that awareness. it intruded even when he was rushing to see his di who had fainted. how much of a statement is that?

as if that were not enough:

"usska ek naam hai!"

just the day before he had used her name for the first time. once in reference, but twice directly, calling out to her, hoping she was there, alive, unhurt. then that wondering, "khushi" as she let go on him. and today, he wanted her to be given the respect of being called by her name. why? he didn't care after all. all he wanted was for her to lose and go away. mera naam hai arnav singh raizada. the boy who'd rejected his father's name and taken his mother's proudly, knew the importance of  a name. that it was identity. you mess with it, you are messing with the person's being. today he can't tolrate this disrespect for her.

somehow he was sensitised to her now. she mattered. maybe he was still worried about her. when he hears the giggling trio, something snaps in him. he lashes out. and lavanya's unthinking chamkili just pushes him over the edge. he gives pam and sim this appraising look when he walks in. did he see the completely opposite kkg in his mind as he looked at them? did he feel a little tired of this thick shallowness?

she walked in all prepared to resign. and just inside the ar door, she stopped. her hands tightened on the strap of her bag. she's tense, she's gathering her will and courage. in her eyes, something more again. then she remembers. one of the most timeless moments in ipk. he is reaching out, holding her head, pulling her up and rushing out, he's turning back to look at her. oh just hold it there. what's in his eyes. she's succumbing... he's looking at her, jaw clenched. the memories bring involuntary words to her lips,"devi maiyya raksha karna." of course, just then he stops in his tracks to look at dm sitting pretty on her desk. a long pause, he is obviously thinking of her. they miss each other, never making contact. yet a funny communication, a connection through devi maiyaa just now.

"we know what we are, but not what we may be."
~~~ william shakespeare ~~~

pehchaan is one of the main motifs of ipk. to be who you are, to know who you are, to discover yourself. an individualistic slant in all its characters. as iconoclastic as its main protagonist, ipk sought to break stereotypes, and make us look into the heart of things. the makers were trying to communicate something they considered important. which is why maybe we were often presented with a character in a certain way, only to find later they were not at all as we'd imagined them to be. there was the issue of well rounded, lifelike characters, but also the element of "revelation" of each one. who would have thought, mami was capable of so much love and loyalty. or la, just look at her. did we ever think she would become one of the most memorable characters of ipk, a character like her has perhaps never been seen in indian tv or films.

this what you see is not what you get, i felt was always more than just clever writing. it was very much driven by content and core thought. someone was urging us to look beyond the surface. and w hat's more, was treating us like intelligent people, who could figure things out. which is why maybe all those carefully crafted silences, and beautiful expressions and body language, and other signs and symbols.

reflections. for days we've seen them, on windows, mirrors, water. now a clear look at image, it's meaning, and the need to see oneself clearly.

"lucknow se hain, iss liye darke bhage nahin...
balki khu
d batane aaye hain ki yeh naukri humare layak nahin...
humaari parvarish toh aisi hai..
humey sikhaya ga
ya hai ki sahi kaam karo...
aur poore atma sanman ke saath karo..."

so just like him, she has been taught the value of being and doing "sahi." his life has been stricken by "galat," and that's one thing he just doesn't want to be: galat.

"rehne dijiya, aapko batane ki koi faida nahin...
atma sanman toh unka hota hai, jinki khudki koi pehchaan ho...
aur aapka toh poora din inki nakal karne meinnikal jaata hai..."

she retorts when sim cuts in,

"hum khud ko kuch nahin samajh rahe,
kyonki hum jaante hain ki hum kaun hain...

aur hum jo bhi hain usse khush hain...

par aap kabhi aine mein dekhkar khud se poochiye,
ki aap khud ko peh
chanti hain bhi ya nahin...
agar khud ko pehchan pati, yeh locket chhupakar nahin rakhti...

aapke dil me jo hai usse chehre par laake dekhiye..."

a brilliant set of terse lines that reflect her intense anger and personality, her belief in herself. in many ways she is the mirror image of the man she calls rakshas. and today, she is so riled by all the injustice that's come her way, she's calling off the game, and reasserting herself. khushi's journey of self discovery is as potent as asr's. this episode was telling in so many ways.

now we await the "cantrobhersial" thing. and please, may i have two nurses too, i faintiya gayi every time a certain someone walks in or out.

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by cinthiann1758

Thank you for your critique.  Sorry for the grammatical errors.  I am usually so tired that I miss them.  I will go back and correct them. I love the sister's and really never realized how much input they really had on their siblings, that is why this second viewing is so important.  I missed so much the first time! My favorite line of this review no one picked up on so funny  ASR walks into the room and Chote sits on the bed!  I love how Barun just changes his role.  What brilliant acting!

hi,
what grammatical errors. never noticed any. my typos are fairly bizarre usually. hey, we write a long detailed piece almost every day, amid normal asli duniya stuff. a bit of mistakes are hugely ok. what say. so right what you say in bold. it is important. if we believe this show had something more than just an ordinary serial in it, then repeated viewing is necessary. every time i find something new. that observation in blue, brilliant. yeah, how does this guy do it. thank g he does. 😆

Episode 33

The Boxing Match😭😡

RM- The scene starts with our last scene.  Chote and Anjali.  He reaches for her hands and clasps them within his and says to her that there is not a day when he doesn't miss their parents but she is his family.  She is everything to him and he will call her husband and tell him his crazy wife will not eat.  She asks him please don't call him, he is always so busy.  He leaves saying I will call him right now.  Cut to Mami and Mamiji in their room.  I never knew that Mami had a feeling that maybe Anjali's husband kept another woman.  Interesting!  Mami and Mamiji have jumped into the ring for a pre- match.  She is asks her husband why do you think he has only called his wife once since he knows she has fainted.  He may be busy, but what is more important than your wife?  Would it be an obsession with another woman?  She thinks  maybe he has another woman.  Hah!  Hmmm'..😉

ASR gets a call, Miss Kushi wants to meet him.  He whispers, Kushi.  He had been preoccupied with his sister that he hadn't even thought about her today.  But now, uh oh. 😕 "OK, send her in."

Ladies and Gentleman' The bell rings'the spectators roar'the opponents enter towards the ring.  😭😡

Kushi opens the door and on the opposite end of the living room stands ASR.  They slowly walk to the ring, um, I mean the center of the living room, each of them eyeing their opponent.  She seems to get a little nervous and while adjusting her shoulder strap of her bag she sees the scarred wrist.  The scene from the guesthouse flashes before her eyes.  This gives her courage to do what she has come here to do.  She enters the ring.⭐️

Round 1.

He asks her if she is okay?  First jab. 

That's IT!  Our Goddess comes out with all her Shakti and swings her right hook, "Why do you ask?  Only you could have the audacity to ask such a question after all that has happened. She asks him a question and when he tries to answer she stops him right there.  "Oh no, Mr. Raizada, today I will do the talking!"  Left hook.  Go , Goddess, go!  End of Round 1. The winner Kushi!  Crowd roars!!!👏⭐️

Round 2

Kushi continues with those jabs to the gut.  "Since you are interested if I am alright, I am better now and in a few days I will be even better because I decided to quit your job."  She hands him the resignation letter.  He is silenced and  another blow to the gut.  He just looks at it and it looks like he may be preparing to strike.  She takes it back. Before he starts talking about status again she continues with don't worry about his company, she worked diligently and will continue to do so.  She reiterates her minute of review of the tedious duties she has done at ASR Designs. He had her correcting his name on a thousand letters with a pencil, jab,  had her as a parking attendant in the pouring rain, jab, writing a report overnight and delivering it to him in the early morning hours before work, jab'. He looks away knowing she was right and he was wrong, right hook by Kushi!  "I did it with no complaint, jab, because I knew we had a contract, jab'.but for me Kushi Kumari Gupta, my name, my identity is more important than any money in the world.  Left hook! Round 2'the winner is Kushi!

Round 3 Silence'.he has absolutely nothing to say his eyes say it all.  She is 100% right.  "It was my responsibility to work hard during the contract and it was your right to to give me work.  But you forgot, Arnav Singh Raizada, that with power comes great responsibility.  The day you put away your responsibility was the day you lost your right and this contract became null and void!" 

Punch square to the face.

Kushi shows signs of post traumatic stress syndrome and she saddens 😭as she remembers'."I was there all alone for such a long time; I had so much time to think and I finally found my solution to all my problems.  DAMN YOU AND YOUR JOB!"  Left hook to the jaw.  "I do not want anything to do with a person who does not care about another person's life!"  Right hook to the stomach.  He is getting beat up, you see the anger trying to come to the surface so he can fight back but I think he is exhausted listening to the truth.  "If we end this contract, this is not my defeat, instead YOU ARE THE LOSER!  You have not even accepted your mistake. I have just come to tell you that this contract is worthless- null and void.  My life is more important than this contract.  The people who love me know this, (hmmm), my family knows this and no one who puts my life in danger and then asks me if I am okay so nonchalantly, knows his mistake or accepts it.  So you listen, Mr. Raizada, I AM FINE'. NOT because of YOU but because all I have done is good and today the contract is concluded!"

KNOCK OUT! 🤢Arnav Singh Raizada flat on his back🤢 by one Kushi Kumari Gupta! ⭐️👏

In the background his family has gathered as spectators of this boxing match'mouths wide open.  😲

He shakily gets up off the floor takes a step forward towards her, she warily steps back, he says, "Are you done?"  He accepts defeat and holds his hand out for the resignation letter.  She answers, "I AM DONE and hands him her resignation!"👏

Nani calls out to Kushi who apologizes because she came to her home like that but it was something she was compelled to do.  It was the right thing to do.  Mami called her a cat turned tiger!  Impressed.  She stares at ASR, he looks away, she reminds him "Do not interpret my resignation as I accepted my defeat!"  On the contrary she is the Champion here!  She turns around and slowly walks out, this Champion knows she should feel elated she has won this Boxing Match but she just doesn't feel right.  She too has been wounded in the ring.  She looks back at him and walks out of the ring'..😕

Uncle Nahim runs out after Kushi and Kushi responds I don't have to obey his orders anymore I don't work for your boss. Anjali comes over to her and says these are not his orders, I wanted to talk with you.  She tells Kushi no one has ever spoken to Arnav like that.  Kushi responds," I know he is your brother, but the way he has behaved with me, I think I did what was right. "  Anjali says she didn't come to judge but to tell her she is so courageous.  Kushi lets her no she had no other choice but to be brave.  She stepped into the ring prepared.  Anjali responds with he is not that bad and maybe they have just misunderstood each other, (does she see something there between the two?).  Anjali agrees that the guesthouse incident was a big mistake and Kushi has every reason to be upset. She apologizes on behalf of her brother.  Kushi answers with," why are you apologizing the only people I bow my head to are my parents and the Goddess.  I am not afraid of anyone!"😉

She leaves and on her way home Payal calls asking if all went well and if she is okay.  Payal senses her sisters worry.  Kushi reassures her she is okay and on her way home. 

Shyam and Payal in the GH and she lets him know all went well but Kushi sounds worried.  He reassures her he will take care of everything again.  Payal asks about a job for Kushi and he is silent.  Payal exits to the kitchen.  Buaji talks to Shyam about his family and has he had marriage proposals.  He says she is too old for him.  They can talk about it later and he is worried for Kushi now.  He is giving her a hint in my opinion.  His concern is always for Kushi. He asks Payal what does she think and it looks as if Payal is stunned that someone has asked her opinion about something.  She answers that she is worried for Kushi and she appears to be in a bad mood.  Shyam answers with don't worry her mood will change, wait and see.

Kushi is walking home and ASR is in his room.

Back to the opponents, they are starting to train again, gloves on, hitting the punching bag.

He is staring at the resignation in his hand, he crumbles it and throws it on the floor; he pictures the beautiful girl in the red saree. Jab.  Kushi envisions the parking lot rain embrace. Jab.  ASR envisions himself pinning her up against the wall.  Jab. Kushi envisions her pushing him. Jab.  He envisions the same. Jab.  ASR envisions himself carrying her out of the guesthouse. Jab.  Both of them envision the handing over of the resignation.  Jab, jab. ASR envisions her leaving the RM. (Knock out, in my opinion).  Both of them have worried looks'.. Will there be a rematch?😕😕

Edited by cinthiann1758 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by indi52

sometimes silence speaks more, much more than words. even though the words seem potent, loaded with meaning, they still don't quite achieve what some silences do. there were a lot of those silences in episode 32. khushi's wondering, slightly disturbed look as she clutched her jiji close. what was that? hadn't she just said, "jiji, girti hui imarat samhal li, kuch bhi samhal loongi"?       

"does not everything depend on our interpretation of the silence around us?"
~~~ lawrence durrell ~~~

or the one up there, where
he looks into a story we can't see but we can feel his anguish about it, as though he doesn't want to listen. something to do with his mama and papa, he almost flinches at the words when di says she wished they were there for she can't handle all the anger flaring around anymore. his face hardens in an instant and his fist closes in a tight knot. the pain hits hard.

yet when he whips around to give his sister a harsh answer, he sees her face, it's sadness and worry, he melts. a whole love story was written in just those swiftly changing expressions. i wish i could capture all of them and include here. his hands came and grasped hers tenderly, and he said the words just in case we hadn't understood, but we knew that all along, didn't we? "aap sab kuch ho, di. main aapki aankhon mein aansoon nahi dekh sakta."

he will fight the whole world to bring back her happiness. (little does he know he will have to fight the most precious thing he's ever had to do just that.) she will make his kind of food to make him feel better. she knows he's feeling bad about too many things. what happened to khushi, what's happening with nani, their parents, everything, all she wants to do is make it ok for him. some soup might help? siblings love in funny unspoken ways, even when they are rivals, even when they aren't always good to each other. ipk had a particularly keen understanding of this. which is why, when anjali started to lie to chhotey i'd thought we'd see something very interesting. it could have been that. a glimpse of it in the miscarriage scene, where she finally believes as she looks into the eyes of her brother standing outside. again, silence.

a beautifully crafted episode that seemed to me to be about name, identity, pehchaan, and an awareness that is refusing to go, in fact making quite a place for itself. from buaji's "wah nand kissore," to mamiji's warning of "cantrobhersial" food, everything felt smooth and was intensely expressive, almost as much as barun's face.

payal was picking up the unspoken cues of worry and uncertainly from khushi and reflecting it back. she was happy with khushi's decision to resign, but still... if only they hadn't come to delhi. khsuhi counters without thinking, "nahin, jiji, dilli itni bhi burie nahin hai, matlab agar hum dilli nahin aate toh... toh..." toh ham arnavji se kaise miltey? is that what her heart wanted to say? we'll never know.

he'd had a bad night, then all that talk about marriage with nani, and her little pull a bride out of a hat trick, he strode into office in a foul mood. how a man can change the whole energy of a place by simply walking through it, i will never understand. the grim walk in with inert eyes, reminiscent of the mazar entry, and the long steps carrying him out with a simple pause at the sight of dm, said more than most things he said today. especiallyabout that awareness. it intruded even when he was rushing to see his di who had fainted. how much of a statement is that?

as if that were not enough:

"usska ek naam hai!"

just the day before he had used her name for the first time. once in reference, but twice directly, calling out to her, hoping she was there, alive, unhurt. then that wondering, "khushi" as she let go on him. and today, he wanted her to be given the respect of being called by her name. why? he didn't care after all. all he wanted was for her to lose and go away. mera naam hai arnav singh raizada. the boy who'd rejected his father's name and taken his mother's proudly, knew the importance of  a name. that it was identity. you mess with it, you are messing with the person's being. today he can't tolrate this disrespect for her.

somehow he was sensitised to her now. she mattered. maybe he was still worried about her. when he hears the giggling trio, something snaps in him. he lashes out. and lavanya's unthinking chamkili just pushes him over the edge. he gives pam and sim this appraising look when he walks in. did he see the completely opposite kkg in his mind as he looked at them? did he feel a little tired of this thick shallowness?

she walked in all prepared to resign. and just inside the ar door, she stopped. her hands tightened on the strap of her bag. she's tense, she's gathering her will and courage. in her eyes, something more again. then she remembers. one of the most timeless moments in ipk. he is reaching out, holding her head, pulling her up and rushing out, he's turning back to look at her. oh just hold it there. what's in his eyes. she's succumbing... he's looking at her, jaw clenched. the memories bring involuntary words to her lips,"devi maiyya raksha karna." of course, just then he stops in his tracks to look at dm sitting pretty on her desk. a long pause, he is obviously thinking of her. they miss each other, never making contact. yet a funny communication, a connection through devi maiyaa just now.

"we know what we are, but not what we may be."
~~~ william shakespeare ~~~

pehchaan is one of the main motifs of ipk. to be who you are, to know who you are, to discover yourself. an individualistic slant in all its characters. as iconoclastic as its main protagonist, ipk sought to break stereotypes, and make us look into the heart of things. the makers were trying to communicate something they considered important. which is why maybe we were often presented with a character in a certain way, only to find later they were not at all as we'd imagined them to be. there was the issue of well rounded, lifelike characters, but also the element of "revelation" of each one. who would have thought, mami was capable of so much love and loyalty. or la, just look at her. did we ever think she would become one of the most memorable characters of ipk, a character like her has perhaps never been seen in indian tv or films.

this what you see is not what you get, i felt was always more than just clever writing. it was very much driven by content and core thought. someone was urging us to look beyond the surface. and w hat's more, was treating us like intelligent people, who could figure things out. which is why maybe all those carefully crafted silences, and beautiful expressions and body language, and other signs and symbols.

reflections. for days we've seen them, on windows, mirrors, water. now a clear look at image, it's meaning, and the need to see oneself clearly.

"lucknow se hain, iss liye darke bhage nahin...
balki khu
d batane aaye hain ki yeh naukri humare layak nahin...
humaari parvarish toh aisi hai..
humey sikhaya ga
ya hai ki sahi kaam karo...
aur poore atma sanman ke saath karo..."

so just like him, she has been taught the value of being and doing "sahi." his life has been stricken by "galat," and that's one thing he just doesn't want to be: galat.

"rehne dijiya, aapko batane ki koi faida nahin...
atma sanman toh unka hota hai, jinki khudki koi pehchaan ho...
aur aapka toh poora din inki nakal karne meinnikal jaata hai..."

she retorts when sim cuts in,

"hum khud ko kuch nahin samajh rahe,
kyonki hum jaante hain ki hum kaun hain...

aur hum jo bhi hain usse khush hain...

par aap kabhi aine mein dekhkar khud se poochiye,
ki aap khud ko peh
chanti hain bhi ya nahin...
agar khud ko pehchan pati, yeh locket chhupakar nahin rakhti...

aapke dil me jo hai usse chehre par laake dekhiye..."

a brilliant set of terse lines that reflect her intense anger and personality, her belief in herself. in many ways she is the mirror image of the man she calls rakshas. and today, she is so riled by all the injustice that's come her way, she's calling off the game, and reasserting herself. khushi's journey of self discovery is as potent as asr's. this episode was telling in so many ways.

now we await the "cantrobhersial" thing. and please, may i have two nurses too, i faintiya gayi every time a certain someone walks in or out.

Ok Indi Pink is absolutely right on.  Blue hilarious!  Aqua brilliant and ture of what we are doing in review!
   Love the first picture of ASR  some many unspoken words in that shot!
👏
Originally posted by cinthiann1758

after watching episode 33...my mind is numb...so much happened

mami ji was very right about shyam having another...her pati patni aur woh line cracked me up...but of course mama ji was like that is impossible...mami ji usually speaks bakwaas but she does notice a lot of things

as for khushi...you go girl!!! she told arnav off...and said she did everything he said and that too quietly...and she cannot work with someone who puts other's life in danger knowingly...i love show she said i did not lose but said he did but he cannot accept it...all arnav could do after all that was to ask for her resignation letter

i love what anjali said about arnav to khushi...she is right he is not that bad of a person but him and khushi got off on the wrong foot and misunderstood each other

and the end when arnav read the resignation letter and crumbled it...you can tell that he is not done with Khushi Kumari Gupta (i so badly want to add Singh Raizada). he will not leave her until he says his bit to her...as for khushi walking on the road, to me it looks like she is wondering if she did the right thing or not...it looks like anjali's words affected her