Celebrity presence on SRGMP and reality shows

Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello Fellow IFian and more specifically SRGMPians: I wanted to start a topic on this.

So, we've witnessed celebrities coming to talent hunt shows as guests to promote their upcoming films. I'm really not sure how others feel about it. But, I'm not all that excited about the whole idea of movie actors giving their comments (which is usually positive) on a singer's performance. SRGMP is all about singing. If it were a dance reality show, then yes maybe the actors feedback might hold some weight. But, we are talking about a singing show here.

I know the actors are not the ones giving any scores to the contestants. But, asking them to comment on something they have no expertise in sounds inappropriate. Of course, having actors on a talent hunt show is mutually beneficial for the channel and the actors. It might give a boost to the TRPs with audiences wanting to see their favorite stars and it is beneficial for the actors as they can promote their movie. Other than that, I really don't know what good it does to a singing show when it comes to the hunt for real talent.

Please note that this comment is not about any specific actor but all actors in general.

I'd like to hear what fellow SRMGPian feel about this.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, it has been brought up here before too this debate between having the celebrity guests or not. Some people like it, but I think mostly people do not like it. I personally do not like it because they tend to take the focus away from the contestants and on to themselves. Also, like you said, people commenting on something they know nothing about is not right. Another thing that I don't like is how Sajid in one episode let Preity give the scores. She ended up giving them a 10 because she doesn't know any better, but Sajid said to cut one mark at least because that person did not sing well. She ended up giving him an 8, but it's really not smart to let actors judge singers. They do not know anything about music, so they should just mention their movie, show the trailer, and then leave. (That is, if they have to come.) I'd rather them not come at all because I want only musically knowledge people coming on SRGMP; not actors pretending to know about music.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Actors etc come on this shows to promote their movies...I am not in favor of it but I dont think we have any choice in this matter..

Rohan1234 thumbnail
I agree with your post but a point on the side which comes out very clear is supermacy of Janta. Celebrities on saregamapa show are like unwanted guests, who need your help. It reminds every body who is supreme. It is the janta. Celebrities,, reality shows, contestants all need janta and this point come across very well.Edited by Rohan1234 - 11 years ago
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mohini19

Hello Fellow IFian and more specifically SRGMPians: I wanted to start a topic on this.

So, we've witnessed celebrities coming to talent hunt shows as guests to promote their upcoming films. I'm really not sure how others feel about it. But, I'm not all that excited about the whole idea of movie actors giving their comments (which is usually positive) on a singer's performance. SRGMP is all about singing. If it were a dance reality show, then yes maybe the actors feedback might hold some weight. But, we are talking about a singing show here.

I know the actors are not the ones giving any scores to the contestants. But, asking them to comment on something they have no expertise in sounds inappropriate. Of course, having actors on a talent hunt show is mutually beneficial for the channel and the actors. It might give a boost to the TRPs with audiences wanting to see their favorite stars and it is beneficial for the actors as they can promote their movie. Other than that, I really don't know what good it does to a singing show when it comes to the hunt for real talent.

Please note that this comment is not about any specific actor but all actors in general.

I'd like to hear what fellow SRMGPian feel about this.

Absolutely Irritating. hate it !😡
kiti_g thumbnail
And most of them admit that they have no knowledge of music and yet give comments like 'original se bhi achcha gaya' ðŸ˜¡
Its extremely irritating but like Varsha di said we have no choice and have to grit our teeth and sit through it!
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kiti_g

And most of them admit that they have no knowledge of music and yet give comments like 'original se bhi achcha gaya' ðŸ˜¡

Its extremely irritating but like Varsha di said we have no choice and have to grit our teeth and sit through it!

Oh yeah, yesterday only Salman Khan commented to one of the singers "Aapne Rahat Fateh Ali Khan se bhi achha gaaya". I was like there is no use even complaining about such things.

Apparently, somehow celebrities have a right to comment and critique anything.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
What made me laugh, angry and sick was Arshpreet said she is singing a song which she is dedicating to Salman for his love to his mother Helenji. 

He was sarcastic and laughing saying may be it should be for his dad and Helenji.

Item song being dedicated to son for his mother...What a joke..

Abt those comments by celebs or judges sometimes abt "Aapne to original se bhi achha gaya" is like WTH 😡  Atleast do not insult the oggie singer or musician...

If they want to say something nice than say "You sang as well as orig or close to orig"

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

What made me laugh, angry and sick was Arshpreet said she is singing a song which she is dedicating to Salman for his love to his mother Helenji. 

He was sarcastic and laughing saying may be it should be for his dad and Helenji.

Item song being dedicated to son for his mother...What a joke..

Abt those comments by celebs or judges sometimes abt "Aapne to original se bhi achha gaya" is like WTH 😡  Atleast do not insult the oggie singer or musician...

If they want to say something nice than say "You sang as well as orig or close to orig"

Spot on Di.. I have never liked Celebrity hogging limelight on the musical shows...SRK and his team completely ruined the show when they came last time...Though Salman have a habit of hijacking the show whenever he comes , i found him controlled this time. I fast forwarded most part his comments though. 
Dabulls23 thumbnail
UM Salman was in bit control as he was really sick with cold..Poor guys left eye kept going down like a lazy eye...😳