Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

India-Forums

Celebrity presence on SRGMP and reality shows

Mohini19 Goldie
Mohini19
Mohini19

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Hello Fellow IFian and more specifically SRGMPians: I wanted to start a topic on this.

So, we've witnessed celebrities coming to talent hunt shows as guests to promote their upcoming films. I'm really not sure how others feel about it. But, I'm not all that excited about the whole idea of movie actors giving their comments (which is usually positive) on a singer's performance. SRGMP is all about singing. If it were a dance reality show, then yes maybe the actors feedback might hold some weight. But, we are talking about a singing show here.

I know the actors are not the ones giving any scores to the contestants. But, asking them to comment on something they have no expertise in sounds inappropriate. Of course, having actors on a talent hunt show is mutually beneficial for the channel and the actors. It might give a boost to the TRPs with audiences wanting to see their favorite stars and it is beneficial for the actors as they can promote their movie. Other than that, I really don't know what good it does to a singing show when it comes to the hunt for real talent.

Please note that this comment is not about any specific actor but all actors in general.

I'd like to hear what fellow SRMGPian feel about this.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

taochakkiti_gtulipbaby53Dabulls23

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Yes, it has been brought up here before too this debate between having the celebrity guests or not. Some people like it, but I think mostly people do not like it. I personally do not like it because they tend to take the focus away from the contestants and on to themselves. Also, like you said, people commenting on something they know nothing about is not right. Another thing that I don't like is how Sajid in one episode let Preity give the scores. She ended up giving them a 10 because she doesn't know any better, but Sajid said to cut one mark at least because that person did not sing well. She ended up giving him an 8, but it's really not smart to let actors judge singers. They do not know anything about music, so they should just mention their movie, show the trailer, and then leave. (That is, if they have to come.) I'd rather them not come at all because I want only musically knowledge people coming on SRGMP; not actors pretending to know about music.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kiti_g

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
Actors etc come on this shows to promote their movies...I am not in favor of it but I dont think we have any choice in this matter..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

taochakmdroykiti_gslumgod.

Rohan1234 Newbie
Rohan1234
Rohan1234

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
I agree with your post but a point on the side which comes out very clear is supermacy of Janta. Celebrities on saregamapa show are like unwanted guests, who need your help. It reminds every body who is supreme. It is the janta. Celebrities,, reality shows, contestants all need janta and this point come across very well.

Edited by Rohan1234 - 14 December 2012 at 7:28am
music-a-muse IF-Dazzler
music-a-muse
music-a-muse

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mohini19

Hello Fellow IFian and more specifically SRGMPians: I wanted to start a topic on this.

So, we've witnessed celebrities coming to talent hunt shows as guests to promote their upcoming films. I'm really not sure how others feel about it. But, I'm not all that excited about the whole idea of movie actors giving their comments (which is usually positive) on a singer's performance. SRGMP is all about singing. If it were a dance reality show, then yes maybe the actors feedback might hold some weight. But, we are talking about a singing show here.

I know the actors are not the ones giving any scores to the contestants. But, asking them to comment on something they have no expertise in sounds inappropriate. Of course, having actors on a talent hunt show is mutually beneficial for the channel and the actors. It might give a boost to the TRPs with audiences wanting to see their favorite stars and it is beneficial for the actors as they can promote their movie. Other than that, I really don't know what good it does to a singing show when it comes to the hunt for real talent.

Please note that this comment is not about any specific actor but all actors in general.

I'd like to hear what fellow SRMGPian feel about this.

Absolutely Irritating. hate it !Angry

Dabulls23

kiti_g Goldie
kiti_g
kiti_g

Posted: 17 December 2012 at 2:32am | IP Logged
And most of them admit that they have no knowledge of music and yet give comments like 'original se bhi achcha gaya' Angry
Its extremely irritating but like Varsha di said we have no choice and have to grit our teeth and sit through it!

Mohini19

Mohini19 Goldie
Mohini19
Mohini19

Posted: 17 December 2012 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kiti_g

And most of them admit that they have no knowledge of music and yet give comments like 'original se bhi achcha gaya' Angry
Its extremely irritating but like Varsha di said we have no choice and have to grit our teeth and sit through it!

Oh yeah, yesterday only Salman Khan commented to one of the singers "Aapne Rahat Fateh Ali Khan se bhi achha gaaya". I was like there is no use even complaining about such things.

Apparently, somehow celebrities have a right to comment and critique anything.

Dabulls23

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 17 December 2012 at 10:29am | IP Logged
What made me laugh, angry and sick was Arshpreet said she is singing a song which she is dedicating to Salman for his love to his mother Helenji. 

He was sarcastic and laughing saying may be it should be for his dad and Helenji.

Item song being dedicated to son for his mother...What a joke..

Abt those comments by celebs or judges sometimes abt "Aapne to original se bhi achha gaya" is like WTH Angry  Atleast do not insult the oggie singer or musician...

If they want to say something nice than say "You sang as well as orig or close to orig"

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mohini19music-a-muse

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index