I truly love Rajat/Sameer Kochhar

nivi.divi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
As Rajat:

You can't blame Rajat for falling for Puja.  (If Ram can be Ram and fall in love with a person like Priya in a couple of years, Rajat can fall for her too in five years).  You cannot blame him for backing away when finding out that Puja is Priya, your friend's wife.  One cannot really even blame him for still having that little amount of love, but tons of respect for Priya.  You should not even be blaming him for his help to Priya (after all, she's helped him and they've been friends since five years)  Because as he said, he will not let a mother loose.  He even asked Ram to forgive Priya and accept her back.  That is probably a very hard thing to do when you have loved someone for that long.  At the end of the day, he is human.

He is helping her, not because he thinks that he will get her.  But because he has always helped her, and is now continuing to help her so that she does not loose her daughter.  He has never made Priya felt the love type of love.  He has never made her feel uncomfortable (maybe until the party).

He loves her, but the love is more in terms of ultimate respect.  I am married, but I can say that I love certain people (men) for the amount of friendship, appreciation and respect that I have for them.  This concept is understood only by people who understand the diversity of the meaning of love.

Dancing at the party

Dancing at the party with another man who is your friend is okay.  I've done it.  It is called socializing, it is mature.  They were grinding or anything...lol.

Saying it to her that he loves her

This perhaps was the biggest thing that people will hold against him.  Yes, seemed out of his character.  But I don't blame him.  You see a bullet aimed at a friend who you respect and love, you panic.  Let's try to go into his mind.  Rajat is in conflict with his feelings.  He feels something that he did not communicate because he could not communicate.  All his love is now suppressed within him.   Now the person you wanted to express it to could potentially get the bullet.  Your heart is clean.  You want to save the person.  Now, life is too short.  You want them to know what you think about them before you or that person leaves this world. You can take the bullet.  You are so scared that your love will die.  What came out of his mouth was all those suppressed feelings in the moment of shock.  But what is also most important is that he realized what he did, he apologized, he took it back and felt bad about it.  He went back to his friend and had her understand his stance.  He made her feel comfortable again and reiterated that they are friends again and nothing more.

The people that try to be balanced:

I think Rajat went from being a Ram type of person, to being a very Priya type of person.  Many people have been put through situation in their life where there is anger, uncomfort, distress, life learnings and complete personality changes.  I think Rajat has been through the dirt (like Ram).  But the difference is that Rajat is a changed man (more so after meeting Priya) and tries so hard to balance himself and is very diplomatic which may go unnoticed or taken wrongly.  One small thing cannot hurt his overall personality, after all he is the guy that took in his ex-lover's daughters even though she left him.  This time, he is more between a rock and a hard place because he loves Priya, but also respects the fact that she is Ram's wife.  It takes guts to hold your feelings back, especially if you had them for five years.   It is also hard to tell someone to take back your love.  Rajat changed from being Ram to being Priya. Ram is also changed after meeting Priya, he also has a very sensible and controlled side.  But he will blurt things out of anger sometimes as well and then realize it later.  He is not diplomatic or afraid of consequences  Ram is still Ram, a changed man but he is not Priya, but with influences from Priya.  I think we need to understand Rajat and Ram as two very different people.

As Sameer Kochhar:

I find the actor to be very very attractive.  But this does not bias my view for him in the show. 

His eyes are very expressive and he is a treat to look at.

I love Ram Kapoor, but also love Sameer Kochhar equally.

Edited by nivi.divi - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Personally i am loving him. Esp since the declaration on the phone, when before he found out that priya is pooja. He talks so much sense and is so gracious. I thought that priyas dialogue that he did everthing because of a motive, was very offensive. But he has been an absolute sweetheart through all the rubbish that has been thrown at him. The acting is top notch. I did not like him in dubai but since they shifted him to mumbai the acting has been a grade.
I am probably going to get flayed for it, but right now i find him tons better than ram. The biggest problem is that ram kapoor seems to shoot all his scenes seperately. You can make out very clearly. So there is no give and take as actors. The scene comes off as so detached whereas rajat seems to have been bonding with everyone.
Neri_L thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thank you sooo much Nivi.  I thought that i was the only one who appreciated Rajat's character as a whole.  I have complimented Rajat previously but I guess expecting any postive comments here was like expecting Ram Kapoor to lose weight!!!!

But seriously, Rajat has the sophistication, grace and intelligence that a worldclass businessman is supposed to have.  He is measured and dignified in his repsonses to most situations.  I did not like Rajat at the beginning, and even he admitted that he was a difficult and bitter person.  But his character has evolved so nicely, he has learned lessons from his actions.  And even though he uttered those deadly words at the party, he was embarassed about his lack of self control in that life and death moment. 

Rajat is a nice guy and he means no harm.  Unfortunately, he is in love with Priya and for this alone he is regarded as a villain from hell!!!
Mani-RK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: bips

Personally i am loving him. Esp since the declaration on the phone, when before he found out that priya is pooja. He talks so much sense and is so gracious. I thought that priyas dialogue that he did everthing because of a motive, was very offensive. But he has been an absolute sweetheart through all the rubbish that has been thrown at him. The acting is top notch. I did not like him in dubai but since they shifted him to mumbai the acting has been a grade.
I am probably going to get flayed for it, but right now i find him tons better than ram. The biggest problem is that ram kapoor seems to shoot all his scenes seperately. You can make out very clearly. So there is no give and take as actors. The scene comes off as so detached whereas rajat seems to have been bonding with everyone.

if ram is in diff frame den its PH issuesEdited by ramsakshiroxxx - 11 years ago
CoolPink thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yes much appreciation for the post. 

Samir as an actor is learning. He wasn't that great in the beginning but he has evolved now and how. I love the sophistication he brings in the character which makes it look like he is a big shot business tycoon. I don't seem to get that connect from Ram's character. Here I am strictly talking about character not the actor. Ram the actor is amazing but the character is immature and egoistic. 

Rajat's character has been beautifully shaped. From the arrogant and strict businessman to the lover boy types who would do anything for the woman he loves. Yes I agree, he did call Priya a wh*re indirectly but was apologetic about it the very next day. In fact he made it a point to apologise as many times as he could. And those who say he insulted her character should look back in time when our great Ram Kapoor asked his own wife if she wants to spend a night at the suite with another man.That ideally makes him a p*mp as he was willing to make arrangements for the suite. Now if a husband who is in love with his wife can say such below the belt things, why point finger at Rajat who was just her boss?

Ever since he fell in love with her, he did everything he could for her happiness. There was no need for him to leave the business behind and help Priya who would never be his. But he chose to never leave her side and protect her. He still knows she can never be his, is ashamed about saying those 3 words in the party but offers her a hand of friendship which per me is the most pious relationship. 

It's so sad to see Ram only valuing Priya after she left him. In 6 months of their marriage, Priya had always come second for his family was his priority. And he lived in her memories for all the five years. Now when she is back, he hasn't even talked to her properly. Yes he was hurt but did he ever try to ask her what the reason was behind leaving him? Did he ever ask her how she lived and survived in a city like Dubai? NO. Instead he conveniently tells Vikram that Priya wouldn't had any problem because she had Rajat helping her. 

I don't know about others but right now at the moment I really want Rajat to get someone else who loves him if not Priya. Though I am all in for Rajat and Priya. ðŸ˜³
aditi_34 thumbnail
I cried like a child watching the tanhayee sequence.his handsome;-) face revolving in front of my eyes.i am definitely sure that he was the original lead,its just dat his character is soo endearing that it took cvs one big year to complete his characterisation.#soaked in perfection#puke#rotflmao
name2saakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
yaar me too say that rajat is is nice person but idont know y people not like him😭😭
malickhabiba thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yeah i too like him...he is very nice person ...