Punjab da munda : Anoop Soni

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

iss3

iss3

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 10:11pm | IP Logged

Reena' stars : Anoop Soni

Punjab da munda

He describes himself as a simple Punjabi man. Anoop Soni has completed more than a decade in the television industry. Saaya and CID Special Bureau made the actor a household name. And now Anoop is in the news for having replaced Mohnish Bahl in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki. Family, films and food, in that order, are the three passions he nurtures. I meet him at his house in Lokhandwala...

1. Spaced out

Anoop Soni moved into his Lokhandwala residence with his wife Ritu and his three-year-old daughter Zoya, a year ago. The couple had instructed their interior designer to select colours and furniture keeping in mind their simple tastes. Anoop is proud of his spartan living room. "My wife doesn't like having too much furniture. She loves clean spaces," he says. 

2. House proud

Besides television serials, Anoop has also acted in films including Godmother, Kagaar, Footpath, Gangajal, Apaharaan and Hathyaar. "I've been working for so many years. That's why I could buy this flat without selling my 1-BHK flat in Versova," says Anoop, who feels if it wasn't for his father-in-law's army background, he wouldn't have been able to buy this flat. "Buying a flat in Tarapore Gardens isn't easy as it's maintained and owned by the army and naval officers," he reveals.

3. Thought for food

This is one happy family that doesn't think twice when it comes to spending on food! Both Anoop and Ritu are foodies and love to experiment with different cuisines. "No matter how expensive it may be, Ritu never feels guilty about spending huge amounts of money on food. We're both from Punjab, where good food takes priority over everything else," he says.

4. Cushioned existence

Recently, the duo celebrated their seventh wedding anniversary. And the going is good. Ritu, a software engineer has started her own firm Footspring On-line System Ltd. Meanwhile, Anoop is thrilled to play Suyash Mehra in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki. "I wanted to take a break after CID since no great offers were coming my way," he says. But one phone call from Balaji, and Anoop was back on the sets. "I haven't had a proper break in the last couple of years," he says.

5. My Daddy Strongest!

Anoop believes that, "an actor has to take time out to fulfill other passions." He willingly helps Ritu with the household choresóbe it donning an apron in the kitchen or buying stuff from the subzi-mandi. And he's an eqaully doting father. Anoop ensures that he spends enough time with his toddler Zoya. "I love to baby-sit my daughter Zoya and play with her  whenever I can," he says.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Punjab da munda : Anoop Soni" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aish2

IF-Sizzlerz

aish2

Posted: 12 July 2006 at 5:58am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing

Priyank.

IF-Sizzlerz

Priyank.

Posted: 13 July 2006 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
thanx for sharing

Sandy02

Sandy02