Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Other than the junior sessions we have hardly had female winners on music shows.

Wonder why?

Recent winners i remember are Sourabhee and Vaishali. Both, i felt were undeserving. I remember Sonali bendre going on about having a female winner and so i think it happened, though there were better male and female singers that season.

Vaishali, if i remember right, came on the show half way and though she was a good singer, wonder if she deserved the title.

Was 2009 the year of the woman that there were 2 female winners the same year? coincidence?

Why don't they select extraordinary female singers to give the guys a run for their money? Or are the females not motivated enough?Or are the shows practising mild form of misogyny?

2010 of SRGMP had some superb female singers. was not even one deserving to be crowned the winner?

This year too, am not happy with the selection of the female singers in top 10. Madhuri is good, she is not extraordinary. Renu  could have been extraordinary, she seems to be lost after the first few episodes. Arshpreet is good, would i want her as the winner ? No !

Will we ever have a deserving female winner in the near future? I wonderEmbarrassed

May be there have been female  winners in the adult sessions, i am not aware of. Correct me, if i am wrong.

No offence to vaishali and Sourabhee fansEmbarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23tulipbaby53

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Female Winners ?!" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Sourabee was the Asian girl from II, right? I remember when she won I was so puzzled. 

Vaishali was a really good singer, but I agree that she was not the best of that season. I think she won basically due to Himesh and his rotis and regional politics. I'm not saying she isn't talented, but I feel all these dramas helped her a lot.

Honestly, I thought last season of SRGMP has some wonderful female talents like Sniti, Abhilasha, and Sughanda. I feel any of these ladies could have been picked as winners, and it would have been great. I'm glad Kamal won though. I was just saying if they had to pick a girl winner.

I do think that in India still there are many parts where women are not allowed to partake in singing competitions. Maybe there are still some apprehensions about having a female winner? I don't know, but all I can say this season should not be the season they pick a female. None of them are of that level. 

s_pkmdroy

dhurandarbhat

Groupbie

dhurandarbhat

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
In the 1990s during Sonu's saregama days, when there was no voting and only judges involved, most of the winners were females. And all of them highly were highly deserving. Don't remember all the names, but who can forget Shreya Ghosal, Bela Shende, Sanjeevani.

Edited by dhurandarbhat - 12 December 2012 at 5:56pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Tulip during C-2009 Vaishali Mhade won not because of HR and his rozi roti...She came thru W/C entry and had tremendous drama around her...Poor, married with a baby, husband story abt could not speak and mumbai's BT's support I bet...Made it possible for her to win.. Not at all taking anything away from her talent..She was very good ...Winner not sure..She had come right after winning SRGMP-Marathi.

C2010 Sugandha, Abhilasha, Sniti, Kamal all were good..I wish Sugandha had taken part this yr and would have been in same genre like MA..She would have given great awesome performances...She is extremely talented..

NEways female do not win as female audiance vote for male singers...Guys dont vote as much as girls do..

This yr we dont have  outstanding female singers though Madhuri has potential but I dont know why she is not getting the coaching she needs to improve..

Lets see what happens and who gets eliminated next.

kiti_gtulipbaby53

taochak

taochak

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
and also the likes of Ronkini, Soma in the rollover rds.

mdroy

April2007

IF-Dazzler

April2007

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
I loved Vashali,s voice, she is my all time favorite. Shankar many times on the show said that of all the shows he has judged, he has not come across anybody like Vashali,s calibre.

The women singers don,t come up, majority of judges are men, women vote for male contestants and women also are programmed to like males.

I wonder even Lataji participated when she was young if she would have won...enough women don,t even make to first round..

Vashali was one of the best singer ever but male audience don,t like her...

slumgod.

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dabulls23

slumgod.

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

kiti_gDabulls23

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.