Saathiya- 700 Episodes Celebrations !!! ...

Posted: 11 years ago

The Awesome Foursome 

~*~Gopi Ahem Modi~*~

An innocent, docile girl with few expectations, Gopi is content with the simple things that family life has to offer. She is very fond of her her Mama and Mami (Jitu and Urmila) and stays with them after losing her parents at an early age. She has no big dreams and her only regret is that she is uneducated. Her mami treats her almost like a servant, but Gopi stays mum. She happily does what she is told as she feels its her responsibility towards her family.

~*~Rashi Jigar Modi~*~

A flamboyant, urban girl of today, she believes in living life to the fullest. She doesn't like to take up too many responsibilities, but is capable of going to any lengths to make her dreams come true. She does not believe in traditions or rituals. Rashi is the apple of her mother's eye and she thinks that life is full of fun and games.

~*~Aham Parag Modi~*~

A 27 year old modern man, he is the son of Kokila and Parag. He is a workaholic and believes in himself. Although not outright mean, he is insensitive towards others' feelings, mainly because of the way his mother has raised him. He is a mamma's boy and blindly follows whatever his mother asks him to do. He single-handedly runs the whole Modi empire.

~*~Jigar Chirag Modi~*~

He is a good-hearted 25 year old boy. Son of Hetal and Chirag, Jigar adores his Baaand can do anything for her. He is very fond of his mother, but scared of his father. He is slightly lazy sometimes, but it is generally because he loves to live every moment to the fullest.

Edited by munnihyderabad - 11 years ago

A run down the memory lane 

A simple story of two young girls with widely different aspirations and dreams about marriage and their varied expectations, Saath Nibhana Saathiya chronicles the story of Gopi and Rashi.

Gopi, an orphan grows up with her loving maama and cruel maami. She dreams of love from her husband and his family and a mother like her mother-in-law. Her aspirations are simple. She just wants to belong. She wants to be loved and all she has to offer is loads of love in return.

Rashi, her street-smart cousin dreams big, big house, big cars, money and luxury and a husband who loves her and dances to her tunes. Her cruel mother who pampers Rashi as much as she hates Gopi ably supports her.

The destinies of these two cousins are linked with Ahem and Jigar respectively. Both men are cousins themselves belonging to one of the wealthiest families in Rajkot, Gujarat.

Saathiya is the story of these 4 people and those near and dear to them. It is a story of love and relationships. It is a story of families and traditions. It is a story we have lived ourselves at times.

The Family

It all starts when Kokila Parag Modi, the strict matron of the Modi family starts looking for a 'sarvagun sampanna' bahu for herself and a wife for her son, Ahem. She wants a daughter in law who would toe her line and not come between her son and herself and finds a perfect one in Gopi.

Urmila, not one to let her own daughter Rashi stay behind, works out a plan of manipulations and  Rashi marries Ahem's cousin, Jigar to become the daughter in law of the Modis just like her cousin Gopi.

The Modi family consists of Baa, the matriach, her two sons Chirag and Parag, their wives and their children.

Chirag, the eldest son is the head of the family business. His wife Hetal(Called Mota Bhabhi by all) is a soft, loving person and Jigar, their only son.

Parag, Baa's second son is a poet who dreams of castles in the air. Kokila, his wife is a fair but strict and sometimes a frightening mother who takes care of the entire household with an iron hand. She makes the rules at home but is also bitter about her husband's lack of work. Parag and Kokila have two children Ahem and Kinjal.

Kokila is proud of her son Ahem who on his part dotes on his mother. Ahem handles the family business with his Kaka and is also a go-getter perfectionist with a short temper.

Ahem lives for Kokila, his mother and he makes it a point to give her everything she desires. This includes marrying Gopi, his mother's choice of girl even if it means forgoing his love with Anitha.

Jigar, Ahem's younger cousin  is a happy-go-lucky guy, embedded with deep family values. He gets his sweet nature from his mother and loves his family completely including his cousins and Kaki's family as his own.

Kinjal, their little sister is egoistic, rich and pampered girl who loves Anitha's brother who she wants to marry him. Unfortunately her family fixes her marriage with another (Elesh) and Kinjal conspires with Umang to stop this alliance. Unknown to her, Umang tricks her to exact revenge on Ahem for his betrayal of his sister leaving Kinjal in disgrace.

Due to circumstances, Kinjal is married to Dhawal Umrila's nephew and Rashi's brother. Unfortunately Kinjal finds herself unhappy in marriage. Dhawal belongs to a middle class family and he makes Urmila's house his home leading to Kinjal being dissatisfied with her way of life and her marriage. 

Love after Marriage ' The Journey

- Grow old with me, the best is yet to be. ~ Robert Browning

Both Gopi and Rashi start their married life in the same household. Rashi gets everything she desired, a wealthy house, a husband who is very sweet and a mother in law who dotes on her. She however still is in search of more. Rashi finds herself jealous of Gopi as Gopi becomes the elder bahu or 'Jethani' in the Modi house. This leads to her insecurity and jealousy as Rashi plots with her mother to show Gopi in bad light.

During the initial months of their marriage, Gopi has to cross hurdles at every step. Rashi and her mother's tricks add to her misery. But she slowly wins over her strict mother in law who becomes her Maaji in due course of time. Her truthfulness, courage and innocence melts the strict Kokila Modi who sees the innocent and generous heart behind her naive daughter in law. She takes her young daughter-in-law under her wings trying to help her win her husband over which proves to be a very difficult task.

Gopi's dream marriage comes to a screeching halt when her husband comes to know of her illiteracy. Her innocence leads to more troubles and her cousin's jealous pranks make her look worse in her husband's eyes.

Gopi's marriage worsens as her husband refuses to consider their marriage and also in his anger tells her about his lover Anitha. Gopi is shattered and broken when she realizes that her husband would never love her. At one point of time, she takes back her marriage vows as commanded by her Maaji so that she can continue living in her in-laws.

However with her mother in law helping her at every step, Gopi grows into a perfect daughter in law, and then a daughter and finally a wife to Ahem. She takes the words of her Maaji to heart and performs the duties of a wife untiringly, expecting nothing in return from her husband.

Inspite of all her apprehensions, unknown to her, her husband changes as he overcomes his prejudices, albeit very slowly. Her loyalty, her love to his family, his mother's faith in her and her love for his mother melt him and Gopi finds herself more and more in love as Ahem becomes her guardian, teacher and friend.

Ahem fights to help educate her and supports her when she wants to go to school, a dream she acheives finally with the entire family sans her cousin helping her.  With Ahem joining Kokila by her side, Gopi continues to grow personally.

This orphan girl's dream comes true in its entirety when her husband shows his love on Holi only for it to shatter a day later when she realizes that Ahem has no idea of their consummation, for he was under the influence of Bhang.

Then comes the second phase of Gopi's married life as she battles her insecurities and her husband's past to finally get the love she so longed for. Ahem falls completely in love with his selfless and innocent wife and he confesses his love after a near death experience.

They say when He gives , he gives in plenty. Gopi's joy doubles as she finds out that she is pregnant with Ahem's child. Like all couples, Gopi and Ahem battle apprehensions of  facing a sudden pregnancy. Gopi slowly but surely influences Ahem and he learns to think about others and their views before jumping to conclusions. He softens and as the pregnancy progresses Ahem completely prepares himself to be a good father and a loving husband to his wife.

Gopi's marriage with Ahem solidifies as her husband falls more and more in love with her and their unborn child.  Gopi finally finds not just a companion but soulmate in Ahem. Ahem encourages Gopi to spread her wings. With his insistence Gopi starts a pickle business which flourishes bringing joy to the entire Modi family.

Gopi holds her dreams and marriage together and GoHem as a couple await their little bundle of joy that would be a testament to this simple but beautiful dream come true.

The beauty of their journey is how Gopi and Ahem learn to understand each other and accept each other with all the faults while appreciating the goodness in each other. Gopi's unbreakable belief in human goodness and her faith in her love and Kanhaji and the trust in her husband and her Maaji stand tall.

Rashi and Jigar's marriage starts out wonderfully. With her mother leading the way, Rashi marries Jigar, Ahem's cousin and steps into the same house her cousin Gopi.

Insecurities plague Rashi from the first days and with her mother fueling her jealousy Rashi takes it upon herself to show Gopi in bad light. Unfortunately Rashi finds herself more and more in trouble with Kokila Modi as she gets caught or her tricks unravel to Gopi's benefit.

Jigar falls in love with his wife and gives her the necessary space in the marriage while Hetal dotes on her daughter in law. Rashi still finds herself unable to reconcile with these and works to make Gopi's life worse.

However there comes a time when Jigar finds out about Urmila's manipulations in getting Rashi married to him. Jigar is shattered when the truth is known. When the family learns the truth and the lies that were used by Urmila and Rashi, they send her back to her mother.

Rashi slowly realizes the importance of her husband in her life during this phase and she tries to apologize to her husband for her errors. With Gopi helping her, Rashi comes back to her in-laws, this time wanting to repent for her mistakes.

Jigar remains unconvinced but slowly he turns around and Rashi promises friendship and new start to their marriage.  Unfortunately habits die hard and Rashi, though changed finds it impossible to completely lose her jealousy towards Gopi.

As she sees Gopi's marriage improve and Gopi become pregnant, Rashi longs to be a mother herself. She yearns for the attention that Gopi gets because of her pregnancy and her fear that she will have to work for Gopi comes true.

Not getting pregnant, Rashi and Jigar consult a doctor and are assured that they do not have any problems getting pregnant. Rashi in the meantime battles herself and her vices as she tries to fit into the family.

Although her mother pulls her back to her erring ways constantly, Rashi is learning to see the Modis as her family. She is learning to belong in her family. As she realizes the true meaning of love and family, Rashi off late has tried to oppose her mother and also show her the mistakes. Inspite of her small jealousies, Rashi is closer to realizing that her dream marriage is not just a dream but also a reality now than ever before.

With both Rashi and Gopi finding their soul mates in their husbands, their journey continues as each spouse supports the other right to the very end.. After all this story is about being there for your loved one.

On the 700th episode of Saath Nibhana Saathiya, the story stands at a place where a new beginning is in the offing with Gopi and Ahem becoming proud parents of a baby girl. Congrats to the entire cast and crew for this stupendous achievement!!!

Credit for the write up - Harini aka justlikethat1
Credit for Siggies - deepikz aka Deepika 

The Fun Part 

Harini: "Kya yaaar!!!! opening post says celebration .. but kahan... ??? where is the fun?? where is the masti?? where is the celebration?? This thread is so peekha yaar.. just like our DT.."

Muskaan: "haan yaar Harini... it's so bland just like Munni ... she is not seen around.. and she is not providing us with enough entertainment .. looks like the celebration is just so duhh",, 

Deepika walks there in excitement: "shhh girls I have a little secret to share .." Harini, Muskaan come close to Deepika and compel her to tell ...

Deepika throws little tantrums.. and needs some persuasions from both the girls and she lets out "shhh...it's a secret, a little birdie told, that our boring DT, for a change is coming up with fun and exciting contest/s !!!" deepika shrugs  her shoulders in excitement ...

"Fun and Exciting CONTEST/S!!!!" screams these two girls in excitement .. making all the other girls and shaun to run towards them

I walk there with a bundle of papers in my hands..."I know guys any celebration without fun is so duh ,, so lets have some fun time here in this thread along with some contests as well !!! "

The group of girls cheered and are excited...

Munni: "ok lets start with the fun part followed by the contests, in the next comment"

Just for FUN !!!

Everyone who came here for the celebration, must answer these questions ..and post them as comments, so others will know what you like in the show๐Ÿ˜ณ.

1. When did you start watching SNS?

2. Who is your most favorite character in the show?

3. Who is your favorite elder Modi?

4.Who is your favorite younger Modi, from the four of them?

5. Your favorite KoHem scene

6, Your favorite GoKi Scene?

7. Your favorite RaJi scene?

8. Your favorite GoHem scene?

9. Saddest scene till date?

10. Happiest moment till date ?

11. Favorite moment of the family ?

12. Favorite Festival of the Modis?

13. Which character do you hate the most?

14. What would you name GoHem's baby?

15. Do you think KinJal will fall in love before the next 100 episodes?

16. Which is your most favorite track?

17. Which is the track which would never want to look back ?

18. What is your favorite Devar-bhabhi scene?

19. Favorite GoShi scene ?

20. Favorite JiHem scene??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***ok now i don't want to bore you guys with such lame questions..lets move on to the contest below***

The 700 Episodes Celebration Contest

Well, we have just one  contest for now.. 
The Caption Contest

Provide a caption for any one or both of the pictures presented below.

Please limit the caption to less than  50 words. 

The captions can only be in English, Hindi or a combination of the two languages. Unfortunately, no other languages can be allowed.

Each member can submit up to 2 captions total - one for each image or both for the same image. Please specify which image you are captioning in your entries.

Once again, make sure it falls within all forum rules. Any entry that is found to be inappropriate will be disqualified,

send in all your entries to me, munnihyderabad through a pm, no later thanTuesday,18th  December 2012.  The PM should be titled "SNS Caption Contest"
For any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to pm me, munnihyderbad
Please do not post your entries on the forum as there will be anonymous voting to decide the winners and only send them to us in the form of a PM!

put your creative caps on, to have some fun !!!

Regards,
SNS Dev. Team 

Thank you !!!

I would like to grab this opportunity to for a special mention of two of our forum members, because of whom we are able to celebrate the 700 episodes of Saath Nibhana Saathiya 

@deepikz aka Deepika - for coming up with idea of celebrating the SNS 700 episodes., which otherwise, I would have never known about it. Thank you Deepika, because of whom the thread is possible 

and also for the amazing and beautiful creations which we used in the above 4 posts, on the occasion of 700 Episodes.. Thank you once again Deepika 

@Justlikethat1 aka Harini : Harini, can't thank you enough for the words you used to write such a great run down for a story unraveled in 700 episodes . Thank you so once again .. 

because of these two fellow members, we are up with this thread.. Kudos to your contribution and appreciate your efforts 

Credit for the awesome foursome character sketch - Star Plus website

Regards
SNS-Dev.Team 

res 

***edited***

the day when gopi was practicing dance, andAhem was staring at her, during education track

Kokila Modi

Kokila Modi

Ahem Modi

During Kinjals wedding where Ahem looks after her

Switzerland, goki hug, after gopi is found

the movie scene, where she tells jigar that the guys are teasing her

Kitchen scene, where gopi talks about them being parents

taking back vows

GoHem confession and pregnancy

Baa's birthday

Navratri and Holi

Urmila

Pavitra

yes, realization 

RGB, achaar track

bhoot and Anita track 

Gopi giving her kasam and making jigar to eat the food

borewell scene 

After Rashi left.,Ahem taking care of gopi 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fantastic post !...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
awesome brilliant job !...๐Ÿ˜Š

Congrats to all  SAATHIYANS !...๐Ÿ‘
Edited by simibrar1990 - 11 years ago
Simply awesome! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Brilliant work Munni! You must have worked really hard on all of those! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
Awesome. Brilliant , fantastic I am speechless Munni thank you for this thread great job๐Ÿ‘โญ๏ธ thanks for Harini and Deepika too ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Congratulations all sathiyans ๐Ÿฅณwill reply to all the question soon

Where should I start SNS has came over a long way , there were times I felt like banging my head for the silly tracks and there were some tracks in which I was really mouth opened ๐Ÿ˜† due to its great story . Ah yeah and how can I forget when Giaa being replaced , I  was on bashing group but later on I loved Devo and she 's doing a faab job now !! Jaha tak RaJI ki baat hai I always am disappointed with the Cvs for not showing enough of their scenes and today I am greatful to SNS cvs for giving us such a beautiful show and a star like Rucha for meโญ๏ธ

Uh Oh! I know I suck at appreaciating but  there you go 
And about the thread Munni its awesome๐Ÿ‘ To read it was such a pleasure and there you go i have also got a small part in it ๐Ÿ˜ณ. Thanks for that . Harini and Deepika , You both are stars of SNS forum thanks for always being there ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

CONGRATULATIONS SNS ON COMPLETING 700 EPISODES , KEEP ROCKING!!!

Okay! So let me answer the questions our viewbie ji gave !

When I first saw the Swiss promo , I felt like giving it chance and there you go after that I never missed an epi

Ofcourse Rashi Jigar Modi

Kokila Parag Modi

Ahem
Their reunion scene at hospital when he gave her a hug
At mandir when she comes with the kanaji idol and kokila hugs her

When jigar helps rashi in closing the door when wind was blowing , Aww it was ๐Ÿ˜ณ

While gopi was studying she sleeps on his lap
When ahem slaps gopi and when rashi was thrown out

Baa's birthday celebration

Baa's birthday celebration for this one too

Holi๐Ÿ˜ณ

Urmila , It's all due to her rashi do KK's

Muskaan, LOl , Joking๐Ÿคฃ, I dont really know much of hindi names but I think Aaya would be nice , It's ahem ki Aaya๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I think so as per this track

Each and every track related to raji

Ramjhi bai track๐Ÿ˜ก
When jigar helps gopi in painting the mandir
When rashi gives suggestions to gopi to impress ahem
When ahem consoles jigar when rashi is thrown out of MM

There you go I am done ! again congrats Sns cast๐Ÿ‘

Edited by Muskaan.Musky - 11 years ago