Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

Sitar Maestro PT. Ravi Shankar Passes Away :( (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Rip Pandit ji. Hum sab aapko hamasa yaad rakhenge!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sitar Maestro PT. Ravi Shankar Passes Away :( (Page 3)" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Dear Shyamala

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I can say I can imagine and relate to it myself..I have had the pleasure of witnessing Panditji perform numerous times as we belong to Ravi Shankar Music circle..Also had previledge of getting blessings from him as well other renouned artists.  My boys were exposed to classical music at early age due to attending these concerts.  The longest concert we attended was his 70th bday celebration 2 day concert @ Pasadena, CA. I was hoping and praying for his 100th bday celebration.  Sad India and the world lost an icon yesterday who gave India a mark on the world map when it comes to music..Its a double loss for us as his son late Shubho Shankar ji was my husband's guruji..This yr India has lost many related to music-film industry.  We will cherish all the memories we have had.  God bless his soul and RIP Panditji...My Pranam to him. Cry

Thank you so much Diamond ji for sharing link to the topic regarding Panditji..

Originally posted by sashashyam

Dear Varsha,

Thank you for this heartfelt message.

I attended a concert by Pandit Ravi Shankar  in the Kamani Auditorium in New Delhi in 1976, when he played 5 ragas from 10 pm to 4 am. By the end of it, youngsters like me, who could not have afforded the front row seats (I was very junior in the diplomatic service then) had gone and seated ourselves on the stage, within 6-8 feet of Panditji. I never got up in all that while, and when it all ended, my legs were numb!

I went backstage, touched his feet and got his blessings. Then I went back home, with my head still full of Puriya Dhanashree, had coffee and got back to the normal routine.

I also remember the annual concerts in honour of his father-in-law, Ustad Allauddin Khan of the Maihar gharana that he and sarod maestro Ustad Ali Akbar Khan, his brother in law,  used to organise in New Delhi in November in the 1970s and 1980s,

Lastly, during his spectacular 70th birthday celebrations at the enormous Siri Fort auditorium in New Delhi, spread over 3 evenings in 1990, we similarly clung to our seats fro 6 pm to 2 am, as a galaxy of legendary artists played in tribute to him. His own performance of 2 1/2 hours on the very last night was a blaze of passion and lyricism that belied his age.

Such as he come but once in a thousand years, and I feel blessed that I could witness his genius in person.

Shyamala

Originally posted by Dabulls23

RIP Panditji...It is a great loss to the world...You have been an icon.  We love you and will surely miss you...:(:(:(

sashashyam

SwastikAshNi

IF-Sizzlerz

SwastikAshNi

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
May his soul rest in peace,Pandit Ravi Shankar was one of the greatest musicians-India will always be proud of him

Dabulls23

pandas795

pandas795

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
He still lives on through his music :(

Rest in peace Cry

Dabulls23

hemameenu

IF-Sizzlerz

hemameenu

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 1:35am | IP Logged
may his soul rest in peace

Dabulls23

-sayeed-

IF-Dazzler

-sayeed-

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Sad news! India always remembers that he is the best sitarist in the world forever!

Dabulls23

-bharti-

IF-Rockerz

-bharti-

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 10:08am | IP Logged
May his legacy be carried on for generations,  he was one of the greatest sons the nation has produced and his contribution to music is immeasurable, immortal.
RIP Panditji !  

Dabulls23

evilknight

evilknight

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged
He will always be remembered  

Dabulls23

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.