Users

Frequent Posters

twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: -varun-

^agree with cutecj.
Twila,
Magical traces may or may not be passed as that explains the existance of squibs n mudbloods. The inheritance of magical power still remains very obscure and mysterious .
The reason Harry could regrow his hair can simply be attributed to him being a wizard. Harry constantly dreaded tomorrow that he would soon become a laughing stock, and this exceptionally strong emotion was enough to trigger involuntary magic inside him to regrow his hair. Similar situations occur when he unintentionally sets the boa constrictor free and when he blows up his aunt; in both situations extreme emotions were involved.
Hope this helps.๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks a lot Varun and Cutecj! ๐Ÿ˜Š

It clears my doubts.
Edited by twila - 11 years ago
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@Lakshmi lottt of movie scenes differ from the books. :-( they are tweaked sometimes coz to save movie running time or for trying to add extra entertainment flavour.

ref second question..i dont know either.

ref last question..ha ha good catch!! Snakes dont have eyes! In d movie it had winked if i remem correctly..but was it too in d book?
-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: -varun-

@Lakshmi lottt of movie scenes differ from the books. :-( they are tweaked sometimes coz to save movie running time or for trying to add extra entertainment flavour.

ref second question..i dont know either.

ref last question..ha ha good catch!! Snakes dont have eyes! In d movie it had winked if i remem correctly..but was it too in d book?

@ Varun...It was in the books...I am quoting the relevant part๐Ÿ˜ƒ

"The snake suddenly opened its beady eyes. Slowly, very slowly, it raisedits head until its eyes
were on a level with Harry's.
It winked.
Harry stared. Then he looked quickly around to see if anyone was watching. They weren't. He
looked back at the snake and winked, too."

So apparently not only Snake, Harry winked too๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›
Ephemera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@varun thanks dear๐Ÿค— 
actually i have never seen any HP movies but read the story to see so that can come to know differences...so i was asking about the snake's wink with respect to books๐Ÿ˜›
and snakes have eyes,,,and NOT eyelids๐Ÿ˜†
@Srushti thanks dear!! thats what i was ref๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ephemera thumbnail
well i got know what is kinickerbocker...

in the first instance the word was used as a type of clothing...it is a knee length baggy boy's trouser๐Ÿ˜Š

in the second instance the word used was "knickerbocker glory" ...it is a British dessert/sundae/ice cream with jelly and mixed  flavors๐Ÿ˜› 
-Srushti- thumbnail
Originally posted by: lakshmi_3004

@varun thanks dear๐Ÿค— 

actually i have never seen any HP movies but read the story to see so that can come to know differences...so i was asking about the snake's wink with respect to books๐Ÿ˜›
and snakes have eyes,,,and NOT eyelids๐Ÿ˜†
@Srushti thanks dear!! thats what i was ref๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Lakshmi...It must be difficult to wink without eyelids๐Ÿ˜†
I think in the movie the snake did not wink...it just nodded when Harry started talking ...the only thing it said as in the end...something like Thanks...
Ephemera thumbnail
srushti yeah it hissed thanksss it seems in movie (i have no first hand info as i never saw movie version) 
and thanks amigo in book if i am not wrong...๐Ÿ˜•

come to think of it can the underage uncontrolled magic extend??
i mean what if JKR wrote it in a diff POV...

like see...his uncontrolled magic made the display glass vanish right? 
what if ...Harry IMAGINED the snake's wink?? i mean there is an explanation for the glass to disappear..for the snake's thanks ...as harry was parseltongue...but there is no explanation for the wink..we can't ignore it saying its magical world...cos it happened in a muggle area...

so can it be that HIS magic extended a wee bit?๐Ÿ˜•

Edited by lakshmi_3004 - 11 years ago
-Srushti- thumbnail

srushti yeah it hissed thanksss it seems in movie (i have no first hand info as i never saw movie version) 

and thanks amigo in book if i am not wrong...๐Ÿ˜•

come to think of it can the underage uncontrolled magic extend??
i mean what if JKR wrote it in a diff POV...

like see...his uncontrolled magic made the display glass vanish right? 
what if ...Harry IMAGINED the snake's wink?? i mean there is an explanation for the glass to disappear..for the snake's thanks ...as harry was parseltongue...but there is no explanation for the wink..we can't ignore it saying its magical world...cos it happened in a muggle area...

so can it be that HIS magic extended a wee bit?๐Ÿ˜•

yes you are right on both counts...Movie and books๐Ÿ˜ƒ

About the POV...I think it was more like an expression for Harry...like winking is a gesture of a communication of understanding...May be Harry say like he found a friend in the snake...like Voldy found in Nagini...I dont think Harry MADE him wink...because magic only sprouted out of the young wizards (without wands) when they NEEDED it ...and I dont think he NEEDED the snake to wink...

Dont know if it makes sense๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†
Ephemera thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Srushti-

yes you are right on both counts...Movie and books๐Ÿ˜ƒ

About the POV...I think it was more like an expression for Harry...like winking is a gesture of a communication of understanding...May be Harry say like he found a friend in the snake...like Voldy found in Nagini...I dont think Harry MADE him wink...because magic only sprouted out of the young wizards (without wands) when they NEEDED it ...and I dont think he NEEDED the snake to wink...

Dont know if it makes sense๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

But i think he MADE it wink...not that he needed it...but that as you said he befriended it before the whole fiasco...hence his magic not only made the glass vanish but also made the snake wink as his magic  laid a bit on snake...as these uncontrolled magic was expounded under extreme emotions...the loneliness and longing for a friend might ahve MADE the snake wink ...as in friendly sense...right reaction if it was a human...hope i am making sense...๐Ÿ˜•

as to the NEED  HC was angry yes but never wanted aunt marge to blow up!!!๐Ÿ˜†
so there HC did not needed his aunt to be blown!!

and nice to know am right in both count...๐Ÿ˜ƒ 
Edited by lakshmi_3004 - 11 years ago
-Srushti- thumbnail

But i think he MADE it wink...not that he needed it...but that as you said he befriended it before the whole fiasco...hence his magic not only made the glass vanish but also made the snake wink as his magic  laid a bit on snake...as these uncontrolled magic was expounded under extreme emotions...the loneliness and longing for a friend might ahve MADE the snake wink ...as in friendly sense...right reaction if it was a human...hope i am making sense...๐Ÿ˜•

as to the NEED  HC was angry yes but never wanted aunt marge to blow up!!!๐Ÿ˜†
so there HC did not needed his aunt to be blown!!

and nice to know am right in both count...๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

Well that is an interesting take...Though during Aunt Marge he was really angry and in the zoo he was not...but you are right...that loneliness...that need of friendship might have triggered that...but it is still weird considering snake have no eyelids๐Ÿ˜†