India-Forums

Discussion on: "The Vanishing Glass"

VarunKiBiwi IF-Sizzlerz
VarunKiBiwi
VarunKiBiwi

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
HARRY POTTER
Discussion Thread!

Welcome Everyone To The Second Discussion Thread of The First Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Second Chapter of HP!

Here we will be discussing about the first book and second chapter of Harry Potter called,
"The Vanishing Glass"

Rules:

1. Ask questions!
2. Discuss how much ever you want!
3. Dont bash or hurt any members!
4. Please stay on topic!
5. Enjoy!

Credits To The Idea: Cutecj and Nobo!
Thanks for the amazing idea!!Hug

DISCUSS AWAY!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CutecjMioneLumosEphemera

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Well since it's a discussion on the vanishing glass, maybe we should all just vanish. WinkLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MioneCutecjLumosVarunKiBiwiEphemera

Cutecj Goldie
Cutecj
Cutecj

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shreya_luvs

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#0066cc">Well since it's a discussion on the vanishing glass, maybe we should all just vanish.WinkLOL</font>

good one.
In this chapter i like the expression on Dudley's face when he gets trapped.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LumosVarunKiBiwiEphemera

-Srushti- Viewbie
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Oh Thanks Damini...For opening this one up...I had missed the discussion on the first chappieOuch

The second chapter...actually gives insight on how far had JK planned...the parsel tongue, the fact that he had come on the bike with Hagrid and it had belonged to Sirius, and also the reason why Harry valued his friends so much...how he was always overwhelmed by the other two of the golden trio when they showed their solemnity towards him...

The one thing also what the movies missed, the sarcastic Harry...the Harry who was not a quiet and frightened child inspite of the obvious abuse that he suffered from the Dursleys...and not to mention Dudley and his friends torturing him...

I like how he he knows that he has had more haircuts than the rest of his classmates put together...i actually imagine Chhotu  Dan smiling at the very thoughtLOL

It is peculiar that Harry considers the only thing likeable in his appearance  ... his scar, ...actually reflects his inner dare devil nature...

One of my fav movie scene was the zoo scene...Harry talking to the Boa constrictor...such cute scene that was...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CutecjLumosVarunKiBiwiEphemera

Cutecj Goldie
Cutecj
Cutecj

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:05am | IP Logged
Whenever i come to this chapter in the book i always laugh at Dudley's expression and situation when he gets trapped behind the glass.

Edited by Cutecj - 14 December 2012 at 3:10am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NupsdipsLumosEphemera

Lumos IF-Rockerz
Lumos
Lumos

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Oh so we move forward...! This chapter is very painful to me.. I cry with harry.. The loneliness..the humiliation..the bullying he has been subjected to is heart wrenching. Joe once again portrays the mental picture harry has undergone perfectly. Harry's joy and true inner satisfaction(w/o any complains) in settling for an ordinary ice cream while his cousin n his friend gets to enjoy nice ones, depicts the pleasure he drives in little things unlike a child of his age who would bad mouth and crib. He only wants to be Loved. It further hints that THIS contentment in harry will become the guiding pillar against the challenges in the times ahead...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CutecjEphemera

twila IF-Dazzler
twila
twila

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:12am | IP Logged
This chapter has created a particular memoir in Harry's and our lives. It is the first sign of Hary being a wizard shown to us in the entire series. It is really special indeed.
I hope damini opens the 3rd chapter soon! Waiting for it desperately!
For now, this is a question to everyone. Plz answer I'm really confused by this one although it is from the 1st chapter I think...

The book said that once Petunia had shaved Harry's head and had only left a single fringe covering his scar... But the next day his hair was the same as ever. Is this just a sign of Harry's magic powers or is it some kind of magical trace left on him by James because the book describes James' hair untidy also.

Plz answer.

LumosEphemera

Cutecj Goldie
Cutecj
Cutecj

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 9:29am | IP Logged
@ twila I think Harry's hair growing back was a sign of magic harry had because he did't want to be embarased in school. 
As for James , well when the father is a wizard i guess there might be some connection to the child but so far its not clear.Smile

LumosEphemera

Go to top