26-12

   

REDUX 2612- Childhood's end ! #2 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 12

Page 1
Page   of 12
Page 3 Page 12

sonshine

IF-Dazzler

sonshine

Joined: 17 February 2007

Posts: 4518

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Riyya: Thank you

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--sumana13--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "REDUX 2612- Childhood's end ! #2 (Page 2)" in 26-12 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

trintring

IF-Rockerz

trintring

Joined: 09 March 2012

Posts: 6509

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
Hugs All Hug
 
Stuck at work for 12 Hrs so won't be able to watch the epi until tonight. Lovely reading your posts Sathu, Appuse and Koel.
 
Will try to drop by later if I get time.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sonshine--sumana13--Jhalak29

sonshine

IF-Dazzler

sonshine

Joined: 17 February 2007

Posts: 4518

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by trintring

Hugs All Hug
 
Stuck at work for 12 Hrs so won't be able to watch the epi until tonight. Lovely reading your posts Sathu, Appuse and Koel.
 
Will try to drop by later if I get time.
will wait & wait & wait for you  Hug  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--sumana13--Jhalak29sharmibalan

sonshine

IF-Dazzler

sonshine

Joined: 17 February 2007

Posts: 4518

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunshine99

Originally posted by sonshine

You are right, Koel... there is no justification to these heinous acts... but that does not mean... we should not have an insight into these peoples' mental framework...
for example...
Shahana...
she was desperately in love with her husband... why? what was it about Malik that she was in love with him? Wouldn't any normal woman be repulsed by what he did or was planning to do? Did she covet the sense of power? Did Malik have some charisma, some pull that excited her? Or was it Shahana herself?
what was their ideology? so far, they have not brought in religion... and did u notice? Mastaana and Rinky seems to be Hindus. So, what is their point? Why are they doing this? What is it to them if India is shattered or saved or makes progress?
Shahana killed John... she pulled the trigger, looking straight into the boy's eyes... the faithful boy, who held her hand when she delivered her baby... who stayed with her... who helped her... who looked after her... why? because she wanted to don her husband's mantle. she chose her dead husband's bloodthirsty ambition over her living friend... who was innocent to boot. John's death was all the more tragic, because it was so pointless... what purpose did it serve... as far as Shahana and her mentor/FIL are concerned... John, someone's son/brother/boyfriend was merely target practice!
Shahana and her husband awaits the birth of their baby with almost breathless anticipation... and they have no qualms about kidnapping someone else's child and holding her captive... how would they feel if their own baby was treated that way? would they still say..."Jung mein begunahon ki maut jaayaz hai?"
Shahana and her husband are insanely in love with each other... they do not like being separated... they plot to replace Shantanu's wife with a replica. here Karma bit them in the ass... Malik got killed!
Shahana and her husband think nothing of killikng people. but when Malik is killed his wife Shahana holds an entire nation responsible. She is crying revenge... doesn't she think that the entire nation had its own reason for thirsting for Malik's blood?

mental framework of a terrorist or a thief is no different than u or me.. isn't what the series aims to do break the myths and sterotypes that we associate with terrorists? what differentiates sheikh from any other legitimate businessman who engages in insider trading for extra bucks on the sly or giving kickbacks to people in higher places to have an unfair advantage? what differentiates jidda the terrorist from an armed robber who kills people to facilitate his act? just a difference of act ,time and place... the expanse of his crime.. the ambit of people that would come under the influence of the act...

The difference lies in just on fact that the humiliation, anger, resentment, hurt ,betrayal , greed we face does not turn every man to take measures in violence to achieve it. As it is the easiest and the fastest way to attain the goal...

I think a dialogue of Poirot I read long back is somewhat suitable in this aspect... In my desire to lash out at the person who has wronged me I hit at the leg of the table thinking I am hitting at the person... After sometime it makes me feel better but it is not the same thing as inflicting harm on the real person ( the jist as I am very bad at remembering quotes in exact words).. If all of us were this sensible the world would be a different place but since we are not we have heinous crimes its perpetrators ,its victims and a vast silent majority like us in shock, disbelief, numbness, trying to understand ,analyze etc., by the virtue of being caught in between...

And the cycle continues.. where the players shift their places among the trio...
you have a point, koel...
their mindframe, driving force, ideology... nothing matters
I find it chilling that they are such normal people like you and me
they are twisted... but they blend in... anyone could be a terrorist, and we do not realise until it is too late
they are not any different from numerous other criminals... only the reach and depth of crime varies
and I was wrong... no amount of analysing or trying to understand can solve the problem... each one of us has to open our eyes and stand up and say firmly... " say no to terrorism'
this is NOT something you have to handle with kid gloves... This needs an Iron Fist!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--sumana13--sunshine99Jhalak29

sunshine99

IF-Rockerz

sunshine99

Joined: 07 February 2012

Posts: 7428

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonshine

Originally posted by sunshine99

Originally posted by sonshine

You are right, Koel... there is no justification to these heinous acts... but that does not mean... we should not have an insight into these peoples' mental framework...
for example...
Shahana...
she was desperately in love with her husband... why? what was it about Malik that she was in love with him? Wouldn't any normal woman be repulsed by what he did or was planning to do? Did she covet the sense of power? Did Malik have some charisma, some pull that excited her? Or was it Shahana herself?
what was their ideology? so far, they have not brought in religion... and did u notice? Mastaana and Rinky seems to be Hindus. So, what is their point? Why are they doing this? What is it to them if India is shattered or saved or makes progress?
Shahana killed John... she pulled the trigger, looking straight into the boy's eyes... the faithful boy, who held her hand when she delivered her baby... who stayed with her... who helped her... who looked after her... why? because she wanted to don her husband's mantle. she chose her dead husband's bloodthirsty ambition over her living friend... who was innocent to boot. John's death was all the more tragic, because it was so pointless... what purpose did it serve... as far as Shahana and her mentor/FIL are concerned... John, someone's son/brother/boyfriend was merely target practice!
Shahana and her husband awaits the birth of their baby with almost breathless anticipation... and they have no qualms about kidnapping someone else's child and holding her captive... how would they feel if their own baby was treated that way? would they still say..."Jung mein begunahon ki maut jaayaz hai?"
Shahana and her husband are insanely in love with each other... they do not like being separated... they plot to replace Shantanu's wife with a replica. here Karma bit them in the ass... Malik got killed!
Shahana and her husband think nothing of killikng people. but when Malik is killed his wife Shahana holds an entire nation responsible. She is crying revenge... doesn't she think that the entire nation had its own reason for thirsting for Malik's blood?

mental framework of a terrorist or a thief is no different than u or me.. isn't what the series aims to do break the myths and sterotypes that we associate with terrorists? what differentiates sheikh from any other legitimate businessman who engages in insider trading for extra bucks on the sly or giving kickbacks to people in higher places to have an unfair advantage? what differentiates jidda the terrorist from an armed robber who kills people to facilitate his act? just a difference of act ,time and place... the expanse of his crime.. the ambit of people that would come under the influence of the act...

The difference lies in just on fact that the humiliation, anger, resentment, hurt ,betrayal , greed we face does not turn every man to take measures in violence to achieve it. As it is the easiest and the fastest way to attain the goal...

I think a dialogue of Poirot I read long back is somewhat suitable in this aspect... In my desire to lash out at the person who has wronged me I hit at the leg of the table thinking I am hitting at the person... After sometime it makes me feel better but it is not the same thing as inflicting harm on the real person ( the jist as I am very bad at remembering quotes in exact words).. If all of us were this sensible the world would be a different place but since we are not we have heinous crimes its perpetrators ,its victims and a vast silent majority like us in shock, disbelief, numbness, trying to understand ,analyze etc., by the virtue of being caught in between...

And the cycle continues.. where the players shift their places among the trio...
you have a point, koel...
their mindframe, driving force, ideology... nothing matters
I find it chilling that they are such normal people like you and me
they are twisted... but they blend in... anyone could be a terrorist, and we do not realise until it is too late
they are not any different from numerous other criminals... only the reach and depth of crime varies
and I was wrong... no amount of analysing or trying to understand can solve the problem... each one of us has to open our eyes and stand up and say firmly... " say no to terrorism'
this is NOT something you have to handle with kid gloves... This needs an Iron Fist!
yes they are normal people like u and me... existing around us..their intent invisible to the unsuspecting naked eye just like the  tech lead at yahoo India, bangalore who was picked up by intelligence and later revealed as  a crucial member of Indian mujahideen...  the sleeper cells who do the recon,provide the infrastructure, money and  every kind of support  to the foot soldiers  who do the deed and get the limelight as terrorist.. they stay within the borders of the countries they cause maximum damage... they are the real threat and if not wiped out they rise again to create havoc through a fresh set of  trigger happy  front line assassins...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sonshine--sumana13--Jhalak29sharmibalan

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Joined: 24 July 2009

Posts: 52583

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 9:36pm | IP Logged


Hiyaaa Gals Big smile



The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

samanthanasharmibalan--sumana13--Jhalak29

sharmibalan

IF-Rockerz

sharmibalan

Joined: 16 April 2012

Posts: 6967

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanthya



Hiyaaa Gals Big smile



 
Hugzzz and Good Morning Sunshine...Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--sumana13--Jhalak29tanthya

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Joined: 24 July 2009

Posts: 52583

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sharmibalan

Originally posted by tanthya



Hiyaaa Gals Big smile



 
Hugzzz and Good Morning Sunshine...Big smile


Beautiful Morning, Sharmi..Very beautiful Indeed Big smile

Did U watch the Episode ??

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

samanthanasharmibalan--sumana13--Jhalak29

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

26-12 Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.