Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kbtr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Jaane jaan, dundatha hun jahan, dundhatha hun, raat din, tum kahan, tum kahan tum kahan??

Just re-read threads 5, 6, 7!!!! Oh! What an awesome writer you are! Just went trough all those feelings again. And fell in love with your Arnav all over again!!
Please come back. Missing you! 
Hope all's well? Hope your break was all that you wanted it to be. Hope you're feeling great? 
(Pls. excuse Hindi from Google...ji!!)

Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
I have reread 6-7 chapters last week. Please come back!!
nightfury thumbnail
missing ur fab updates come back soon
DMGFan-2b-not2b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Hey when are you updating next?
lin2002 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
where r u??????
missg..ur updats...pllss come back..:)
warriorprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Chapter 66

Turning to face Aman, Arnav spoke slowly and calmly, 'I want a press conference within the hour. Get Nandini onto it and make it happen,' he said in a low and very cold tone.

Shit, thought Aman, calm before the storm. Bad sign.

Aman opened his mouth to say something and then promptly decided against it after one look at ASR's expression so he simply nodded and walked out leaving Khushi and Arnav alone in the office.

Khushi gulped at the look in Arnav's eyes. She'd never seen him so angry in all the time she'd known him. Khushi bit her lip as she waited for him to say what was on his mind. She knew this wouldn't be pretty, she could tell by the way his chest heaved and his nostrils kept flaring that he was trying to regain come emotional control, but could also tell it wasn't working; he was radiating pure rage. Momentarily afraid, Khushi stepped back slightly as Arnav ran a hand through his hair as his jaw clenched even further.

From the corner of his eye, Arnav noticed Khushi moving away from him. Her dupatta was enduring its regular torture between her fingers giving him a sure signal of her nervous state of mind. He knew that his rage would probably have frightened her but right now he was in no position to reassure her. Taking a deep breath he turned back to face his wife, 'Khushi are you ok?' he asked quietly. She nodded.

'Are you ok Arnav?' Khushi asked quietly knowing that this incident would have had more of an impact on him than her. She watched him closely and in less than a heartbeat, his expression changed. Something dark flashed through his eyes as he swallowed and composed himself. He traced her features with his eyes and he knew that she was quite shaken up but was trying to hold it together. 'Khushi, I need to go sort this out. I'll see you after the press conference,' he said in a clinically calm voice and then turned to leave the room and then he heard her voice.

Khushi sank into her chair as she watched her husband leave her office. Her heart was pounding hard and fast, not just because of what had happened, but more so because of Arnav's reaction. Devi Maiya, she prayed, protect us, she prayed silently.

=======================================

As directed by, actually no, as ordered by Aman, Nandini had assembled members of the press in the AR Corp foyer in less than one hour. It hadn't been a particularly difficult task; when ASR spoke the world listened and now given his recent and secretive wedding, there was massive interest from all quarters of the society hence media representation from economic, social and general news media.

The atmosphere in the AR boardroom was deadly quiet. It was clear from the faces of the people present including all the senior AR executives, Akash, Aman and Nandini that Arnav's reaction to the intrusion was not to be taken lightly; the man himself was livid with what had just happened and had already initiated a full security review including an investigation into how an unauthorised person managed to gain entry into the executive floor of AR Corp without any detection. Khushi sighed as she sent up a prayer to Devi Maiya for she had never seen Arnav like this and she was frankly petrified of his anger. She gulped as she saw her husband appear on the screen. Khushi had to admit that he looked quite daunting on screen, his commanding profile made him look incredibly fierce. At last he raised his head towards the camera and she took in the uncompromising set of his mouth and the stern expression that drew his eyebrows together and fire glinting in his eyes. Khushi stared into his eyes; he was fierce and possessive... dangerously livid is what he was Khushi realised and she earnestly began praying to her Devi Maiya.

The press didn't have to be silenced; Arnav Singh Raizada's entry into the room was enough of a signal that this press conference was under way. Pin drop silence was broken by the sound of his expensive Italian loafers on the wooden floor. Men and women couldn't help but stare as he made his way to the podium; his well-tailored suit emphasized the animal strength and grace of his body. The aura of power as he moved forward was unmistakable and one got the sense that that this man was fearless. Nevertheless they were all very curious as it was very unusual for Arnav Singh Raizada to face the press himself; this was a task normally reserved for his right-hand man Aman Bansal or the company media liaison manager. As Arnav took his position behind the lectern the onlookers both in front of him and those watching him on screen waited with bated breath.

Arnav didn't waste time with any preliminaries and launched straight into what he saw as the reason for the press briefing; anger, hurt and a sense of betraying his wife - the woman he swore to protect from any harm. Time to correct his mistake. Taking a deep breath, not to calm his nerves but more so to contain his anger, Arnav Singh Raizada began speaking in an even and controlled voice.

'Earlier this morning a media briefing was issued by my wife and I to announce our wedding had taken place. This was accompanied by statement that we are both private people and request from both of us asking that our privacy is respected was also made.'  Arnav paused as he looked around the room before continuing. 'I am therefore very disappointed to have to be standing here only hours after that statement was made to announce that a member of the press services entered this building without permission or invitation and then proceeded to invade the space that my wife was working in at that time, why, to get what he proudly announced was an exclusive shot of her with a starting bid of 1 crore rupees.' Arnav paused to compose himself as the overwhelming sense of rage re-emerged and began boiling inside of him as he fought the urge to scream at the people sitting in front of him and just as he prepared to continue, a female voice interjected.

'Gauri Kapoor from the Mid Morning Times Mr Raizada. Surely you must be aware of the sense of curiosity around your announcement Mr Raizada; I mean you were one of India's most eligible men up until yesterday and then out of the blue you announce that you are married to a mysterious woman that no one has seen. Isn't it natural that people will want to see the woman who managed to snare you Mr Raizada? You may be a businessman Mr Raizada but you are a public figure holding somewhat of a celebrity status and the public is interested in you - we are just providing a service in public interest,' the young, overconfident journalist said with a smirk on her face.

Arnav's hands clenched into fists behind the lectern as he listened to the question from the woman seated in front of him. Her voice was calm, but Arnav caught the faint note of sarcasm in her tone as she looked fearlessly at him.

Khushi watched as Arnav's dark eyes flashed and narrowed as a muscle in his jaw twitched. Oh Oh Devi Maiya please doesn't let him do anything silly, she prayed furiously as she shut her eyes.

Ms Gauri Kapoor's breath caught as the pair of cold brown eyes locked with hers; it was like staring directly at a tiger at point blank distance. A fake sense of bravado stiffened her spine as she tried to convince herself that she was strong and that she was doing this because she was a journalist speaking on behalf of the public as she leaned back and folded her arms across her chest as she met Arnav Singh Raizada's gaze despite the powerful force he exuded. She didn't manage to hold that stance for very long as inevitably Arnav Singh Raizada's daunting gaze eventually overwhelmed her and she had to look away; now she understood why the man was considered to be such an extraordinarily formidable force in the business arena. When she eventually looked up, Ms Kapoor encountered the same formidable gaze but there was a half smile on Mr Raizada's face.

Disregarding his anger for a second, Arnav had to give the young woman points for being brave enough to ask her question. The problem for her and her peers now was the Arnav Singh Raizada was going to set them straight with a few opinions of his own.

Arnav looked down at the lectern where his hands rested and closed his eyes for a split second - long enough for Khushi to flash before his eyes. His own voice resonated in his ears...'I promise you that I will always protect you to the best of my ability.' He had promised to protect her and now it was time to put words into action.

He took a deep breath, his voice calm as he spoke, 'Ms Kapoor you raise some interesting points. You say that there is natural sense of public curiosity in my changed martial status and all that you are doing is serving a public interest. To this I will say that you as the press createthat curiosity in the public by gathering every bit of gossip that you can lay your hands on. You then proceed to publish whatever takes your fancy thereby directly or indirectly manufacturing intrusion in the lives of so called 'famous' people by fuelling a flame and then blaming public interest as a means for justification of this intrusion.' Arnav paused for breath as he continued to lay out his argument, 'It has been argued that I am a public personality. To me this statement implies that as a 'public figure' it is assumed that I have waived my rights to privacy. To an extent this is partially true. The press, particularly the so called 'society pages and page 3 columns' have hounded me for years often choosing to publish whatever pictorial or written content that they consider is news without seeking any sort of permission or clarification from me. As you will see from the number of press retractions requested by AR Corp, I tend to ignore this sort of 'news.' Arnav looked around the room as his gaze hardened, 'I can now see that my tolerance of the press has been misconstrued as me completely waiving my rights to privacy and certain sections of the press have decided that all aspects of my life are fair game.' Arnav's voice dropped in pitch, 'let me assure you that while I may tolerate publication of news in relation to myself, I will not tolerate any such behaviour in relation to my wife. Being married to me does not make her a public figure and certainly does not qualify her to be subjected to what I and my legal team regard as a severe breach of privacy. I am therefore strongly urging members of the media to take a long and hard look at their behaviour and enforce standards of ethics and acceptability in their news gathering practises and respect the rights and freedoms of private individuals.' Arnav paused for a moment, 'I will leave you to consider my words but before I do that, Mr Sorabjee here who heads my legal team will be speaking to you in relation to the arrangements that have been put in place after today's incident. I trust I have communicated my message to you. If not, then the legal implications of breaching my family's privacy will certainly clarify the message,' he said in a quiet voice which carried a very real and serious warning. Ms Kapoor and a number of her colleagues shifted uncomfortably in their seats as the voice of the man who spoke carried a distinctive tone warning of danger ahead; mess with Arnav Singh Raizada at your own peril.

Khushi didn't even realise that she had been holding her breath until Arnav disappeared from the screen and the broadcast returned to a very agitated discussion around famous people bullying the press. Her gaze was drawn to the door as the man of the moment walked into the boardroom with his ever present sense of confidence. Khushi looked around the room and it was clear from the faces of those around them that Arnav Singh Raizada had earned himself a new level of respect from his colleagues and her own heart swelled with pride as she watched members of the Board shake his hand while Akash hugged him. As Arnav walked towards the conference table, he raised his head and smiled at Khushi as his eyes locked with hers.  The powerful emotions in his eyes, the love there, was so bright it nearly brought her to tears as she remembered his promise to her.  A promise that he had fulfilled today. The wide oval table separated them as the room slowly emptied until only Khushi and Arnav remained in the room.

Khushi watched as Arnav unfastened the buttons on his jacket and tossed it on the chair and then began walking towards her. Even though he was her husband now, that didn't stop the butterflies from playing an impromtu game of football in her tummy and she unconsciously stepped backwards as he stepped forward. The difference this time was instead of getting scared, she found herself filled with anticipation, a feeling that seemed to arise whenever he was around her. Khushi was momentarily distracted by the mention of his name on TV and then she heard someone suggest that Arnav Singh Raizada's decision to take on the media could have a negative consequence on AR Corp's reputation and instantly Khushi came crashing back to reality; what if they were right? What if AR Corp or Arnav suffered because of her? Khushi gulped as she quickly averted her gaze. Arnav detected a change in Khushi's emotions in a heartbeat. He came to a stop in front of her and took her hand in his as he looked into her turbulent brown eyes. Still holding her hand, Arnav leaned close and brushed his lips against her cheek. His tenderness undid her and the words came rushing out. 'Arnav, they're saying that what you just said will have an impact...a negative impact on you and AR, maybe you shouldn't have called the conference,' she said hesitantly as she looked at the buttons on his chest. Arnav inhaled and exhaled. He tipped her chin up so that she would have to meet his gaze. 'Khushi, I made a promise to protect you and I wasn't about to break that promise in the first week of our marriage. You are and will always be my first priority. I will do whatever it takes to make sure no harm comes to you,' he said in a soft voice. 'Second, had this incident happened with anyone, family or otherwise, inside AR Corp or at home, I would have done the exact same thing. Khushi I'm not saying this to make you feel better - it's the truth. I strongly believe what I said out there; the media needs to take a long hard look at its behaviour and its standards for judging what is acceptable. I think if more so called famous people took a stronger stand and demanded accountability, then we'd have less of this renegade paparazzi culture,' he said with a slight sigh as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Khushi nodded. She couldn't speak because of the tears filling her eyes. This man, her husband, made her feel like the most precious thing in the universe with the intensity of his love and care for her. She looked up at him through her tears, 'you know you are my favourite person Arnav Singh Raizada,' she said as she gave him a watery smile. She smiled as she spoke, making Arnav aware of her mouth. He liked that she teased him, probably because no one else had the guts to try it.  He relaxed and a full smile appeared on his face. His eyes crinkled at the corners, his expression calmed. His face was instantly transformed from unreadable and stern to approachable and handsome. 'I'm glad to hear that Khushi - I'd be worried if my wife had another favourite man barely three days after our wedding,' he said as his smile broadened. Somewhere deep inside, Khushi's stomach tightened, but this time it had nothing to do with fear or apprehension and everything to do with the man. She felt a little tingly and light-headed as she took in that heart stopping smile.

Stepping closer to him, Khushi placed her hands on his strong forearms. She then moved one hand to his head where she ran her fingers through his silky, dark hair. Her other hand moved to his back where she felt the thick strength of his muscles. She then braced herself on either side of his shoulders, leaned up and pressed her mouth to his. It was an innocent kiss. Then she moved slightly and Arnav felt a jolt of fire burn through him as the images of their wedding night raced through his mind. Need and hunger consumed him until he could only think that she must not stop kissing him. Her lips were warm and soft and tempted him. Khushi continued the kiss, pressing lightly, teasing. Arnav groaned as he undid her hair clip and sank both hands into her thick black hair as he held her steady and deepen the kiss. He claimed her with a touch filled with yearning. Heat poured through her. She wrapped her arms around his neck, both to touch him and to keep him close. Arnav tilted his head, touching her lower lip with his tongue. She parted immediately desperately wanting to taste him. Khushi kissed him deeply, their breath mingling. She wanted her husband. No, she cravedher husband. As her hands glided over his broad back, Arnav broke the kiss and pulled back. 'Khushi, we have to stop,' he said with a groan. Khushi smiled, 'Arnav, I'm not sure if you remember this, but we are married now...you can stop saying stop,' she said with a cheeky smile. Arnav stared at Khushi for a split second before his trademark half smile appeared as he lowered his head coming to a stop as his lips brushed her ear, 'Khushi, I think tonight it's going to be you telling me to stop,' he whispered huskily before planting a kiss on her jaw and then pulling back to see her reaction. He wasn't disappointed - Khushi still blushed... even though she was Mrs Raizada now.

====================================

Despite his strong encouragement to leave AR Corp early, both Khushi and Arnav had both put in a whole day's work and were on the way back to Shantivan in the helicopter with him. Akash couldn't help but glance at his brother and new sister-in-law who sat hand in hand opposite him. They were clearly deeply smitten with each other. Not smitten, in love, whispered a little voice in his head. 'I wonder if we'll ever find anyone to be smitten with?' wondered the same voice and in an instance Payal Kumari Gupta flashed infront of his eyes. Akash practically jumped as he shook his head in disbelief - where had that come from he wondered?  Reddening, he stole a glance at his co-passengers. He shouldn't have been worried because the love birds clearly only had eyes for each other only he decided with a shy smile.

====================================

Arnav and Khushi walked ahead of Akash as they entered Shantivan. Deviyaani Raizada was waiting in the entrance for them. She didn't waste any time as she walked towards them. This was absolutely ridiculous and both Arnav and Khushi would be getting a piece of her mind today she thought with determination as she came to a stop in front of the newly-weds.

Hello Darlings!

Before I say anything else, 2 things:

Yes I still exist on planet earth and I am still interested in writing Masterclass. So everyone panicking - relax and enjoy the ride because its still continuing.

Second, I hear all your pleas. I will try to update more frequently - once a week at least.

In the meantime, I h
ope this chapter is enjoyed and in advance, yes I know, I ended on a cliff hanger... old habits die hard I guess😉

Naina😃

Edited by warriorprincess - 11 years ago
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
🥳 I am the first to comment !!

Lovely part as always. I feel so Happy for Khushi this is what should have happened in the show to but sigh.

Eagerly awaiting your next update.

Edited by Arhi-Did-IT - 11 years ago
smile1412 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Res

Edited-

Naina... Thnx for that update!!!!  This was ASR in full form !!!!!!!!!  Classy!!!

Nani is angry with them ? May be cos they went to work? Next update s gonna be fun to read!!! When she takes them to task!!!!!! Pls update soon!!
Edited by smile1412 - 11 years ago
Hriju321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow Naina, I'm in love with your Arnav😳
Guess Nani is angry because they worked full day !! that to on the third day of their marraige !!! Do we get another hot night and a honeymoon ??😳
Edited by Hriju321 - 11 years ago
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Naani angry that they went to work!! Guess so! Do we get a honeymoon?