briahna thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Shah Rukh drops his idea of making a film based on Mahabharat

Shah Rukh Khan must be thinking, if wishes were horses! Last year, the star had expressed a desire to make a film based on Mahabharat and wanted to essay the character of Karna

However, sources say that after learning that Rajkumar Santoshi is all set to base his next on the ancient epic, SRK has dropped his plans.

Our source says, "When SRK's ambitious project RA.One was getting ready for release, he was keen to make another science fiction film and had informed his team to work on the lines of Mahabharat. SRK has always been attracted to the subject. However, nothing was finalised. The entire team was working on the show, however now SRK has dropped the plan."

Shah Rukh says, "I wanted to make a modern-day Mahabharat but I was on a flight and read that Rajji (Rajkumar Santoshi) is also making it. So I dropped the idea. Also a costume drama takes a lot of time and you need to have a certain look and you have to get into character for a year. As of now I am making my next home production and will also work on Farah's film."

Deja vu
The actor adds, "I remember when I was doing Chak De! India, I had delayed the film for a year. I told Adi (Aditya Chopra) that I needed to have a particular look so we would do it later. In fact, we had to let go of the girls who had initially been signed to be part of the cast. I guess I will do another costume drama sometime later in my career." 

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2012/dec/101212-Shah-Rukh-drops-his-idea-of-making-a-film-based-on-Mahabharat.htm