||Salman Khan: The Dabangg Khan|| FC # 15 - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago

DABANGG 2: 'Pandeyji' Salman Khan Tangled In Allegation Of Copyright Infringment

Posted In

Grand daughter of late playback singer Shailendra Singh, Priyanka, claims that the credit for 'Pandeyji Seeti' should go to her grandfather.

MUMBAI: Copyright infringement and regular claims of lifting content, songs and ideas seem to have become a part and parcel of Bollywood these days. 8 days before its release, Salman Khan's 'Dabangg 2' too is tangled in a copyright allegation of its catchy number 'Pandeyji Seeti'.

Priyanka, the grand daughter of late playback singer Shailendra Singh says that the song 'Pandeyji Seeti' featuring Salman Khan has its tuned picked up from her grand father's 'Chalat musafir moh liya re pinjare wali muniya' in Raj Kapoor starrer 'Teesri Kasam' produced by Shailendra himself.

"Nobody informed me that they are going to copy the tune of our song for 'Dabangg 2'. I stay abroad and when I came to Mumbai and heard the song, I sent a legal notice to Arbaaz Khan Productions, music directors Sajid-Wajid, actors Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha. No reply came to my legal notice, and when the period lapsed, they asked me for a compromise," confirmed Priyanka

Priyanka insists that the credit should go to 'Teesri Kasam' and music directors Sajid-Wajid should not claim the tune to be theirs.

Sajid-Wajid disagree with a simple, "How can there by a copyright on folk tunes?" In Bollywood, veteran music director Anu Malik allegedly  has up to sixty-eight claims against his songs. Similarly 'Barfi!' composer Pritam Chakraborty too has many allegations at an apparent fifty-two songs. Of course, these are only speculations.

Now, Priyanka plans to move the Bombay High Court on this matter.

Posted: 11 years ago

Salman Khan Wants Ileana D'Cruz in "Kick"

Date : 12/10/2012

MUMBAI: Bollywood newcomer Ileana d'Cruz, the highest paid actress in Telugu cinema who made a startling impact opposite Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi!' is to step in to play Tiger Shroff's's on-screen tigress in his debut film.

The only hitch is, Salman Khan has also shown interest in casting Ileana opposite him in 'Kick'. And Sajid Nadiadwala, who is the producer of both the projects is wondering which of the two heroes, the debutant and the superstar double the debutant's age, would be ideally cast with Ileana.

Says a source, "It's a dilemma for Sajid. 'Kick' is his own directorial debut, and that too with Salman who is like a brother. On the other hand,launching Tiger Shroff in 'Hero-Panti' is a responsibility that Sajid has taken on. Tiger is Jackie Shroff's son and needs to be launched in style. While Ileana suits Tiger and the project to perfection, it is very likely that Ileana would slip into 'Kick' instead."

Says the source, "Ileana is visually compatible with Salman on screen. It's likely that a newcomer would be cast opposite Tiger."

The whole confusion over who would be cast opposite Tiger started when Ileana's contemporary from Telugu cinema Tamannaah was quietly eased out of 'Hero-panti'.