Book Talk

Chick - Lit anyone

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

noorsand

Goldie

noorsand

Posted: 10 December 2012 at 4:58am | IP Logged
My reading over the years have changed. At first, I was big into Sidney Sheldon books where the women are powerful and they are quite suspenseful. Then, came the harry potter phase, and then twilight, then hunger games. And now, surprisingly I have started reading chick-lits Shocked- starting with Sophie Kinsella - I've read all her books and then I wanted  to read other books under her real name. But, my friend warned me against it since those books were not that goodConfused.  I read a book by Meg Cabot called Queen of Babble gets hitched and yesterday I read Marian Keyes book called Angels. Both books were good but not Kinsella level great. So do you guys have any recommendations on any other authors or the authors that I mentioned do they have better books. Thanks, Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Devanshi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Chick - Lit anyone" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cupcake-

IF-Dazzler

cupcake-

Posted: 10 December 2012 at 7:41am | IP Logged
I know the Harry Potter and  oh so famous Twilight phase (although I don't like it much now). I have read Marian Keys's Last Chance Saloon and Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married. I liked the Lucy one better. Though I haven't tried chick-lit much these books are good. Right hint of humor, good characterization and a lovely plot. 

noorsand

noorsand

Goldie

noorsand

Posted: 10 December 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cupcake-

I know the Harry Potter and  oh so famous Twilight phase (although I don't like it much now). I have read Marian Keys's Last Chance Saloon and Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married. I liked the Lucy one better. Though I haven't tried chick-lit much these books are good. Right hint of humor, good characterization and a lovely plot. 
I know I re-read harry potter every summer, but no twilight for me either now. I'll try those two! Thanks!

NazmaJ

IF-Sizzlerz

NazmaJ

Posted: 10 December 2012 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Books by Rachel Gibson are good. She writes well and she has a series of books about the players of a Hockey team - they are the heroes.

Christie Ridgeway is also really fun. I'm starting to read books by Erin McCarthy too.

noorsand

-victoRiya-

Goldie

-victoRiya-

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Has anyone read- How Opal Mehta, got kissed, got wild and got a life?
Its wonderful!

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:19am | IP Logged
it looks as if i too have gone through all the phases in order... my started with sidney sheldon ... if tomorrw comes .. i was 12 then.. at 13 i loved twilight but now .. ahem .. harry potter is something i still cherish .. and yes i read chick lits. mine story is a little dfferent ..i watched a movie .. hugh dancy ...the girl in the green scarf ..confessions of a shopaholic .. one morning i watched it and fell in love and then went ahead to search pics fora siggie and there i knew its from a book and since theni have read every sophie kinsella book and i lve all of them ..i brought a few in my school fair like some really raunchy chick lits..all abt first kissand teenage madness of a girl and i still adore them ..m18 now but my tastes havent change d eheehe ...girls just love to be naughty
i l recommed u another one
vicki lewis talking about sex

Edited by aishwaryagayen - 02 May 2013 at 12:22am

noorsand

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 9:43am | IP Logged
I have the best chick lit for you..

Try "THE ZOYA FACTOR" It's just the best you can ever come across! 
"The Mediator Series" By meg cabot

noorsand

Post Reply New Post

Go to top